ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-22-2019, 09:59 AM   #1
rockstar93
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC; E92 M3

Garage List
S54 Cat-Cams' Camshaft Group Buy

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
FYI to those that may be interested - a group buy for Cat Cams' S54 cams is gathering interest on the E46 M3 side.

Cat is a quality brand that (I've read) is on par with Schrick but without the premium price.

288/280 or 280/272 are the main durations offered - I'm thinking about possibly grabbing the 280/272 set.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=606188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
This is a feeler/interest thread. If enough interest exists, I will move forward with organizing this Group-Buy.

This Group-Buy is for Cat-Cam's 280/272 camshafts and 288/280 camshafts with the option to add followers.

280/272 -- Cat-Cams Sport Camshaft Details

288/280 -- Cat Cams Race Camshaft Details:

*If interest in other durations exist, I can add these to the Group-Buy as well, however the above 2 options are the most popular and most documented.

(Optional) Follower options:

It is recommended to replace the followers when installing cams. Both the camshaft and followers wear together and by not swapping followers, you do risk the possibility of accelerated wear on the new camshafts. That being said, followers are an "optional" inclusion to this Group-Buy. There are plenty of forum members that have chosen to reuse their stock followers when installing 280/272 cams and have had no negative consequences. If you decide to reuse the stock followers, you do so at your own risk. If there is visible wear on the stock followers/stock cams or high-mileage on the motor, it is advised to replace them with new followers.

Cat-Cam's DLC Coated cam followers with oil feed from the rocker arm to the cam lobe. "This kit includes an "oil bridge" to bring oil from the exhaust to the intake rocker arm shaft (which has no oil pressure), from where it is fed to the rocker arms. The rocker arm shafts need to be drilled, which can either be organized by the customer, or we [Cat-Cams] can supply new modified rocker arm shafts (sourced from BMW). The oil bridge can be moved left/right in order to torque the head studs and set the valve clearance just by removing the rocker arm brackets."

Pricing For Cams (with 21+ participants):
-Cat-Cams (280/272 or 288/280): $850 + shipping from SC to your doorsteps.
*Usual retail is around $1,145.95 + shipping. Saving you $295.95 (26% off).

Pricing for optional Cat-Cam Followers (with 11+ participants):
-Cat Cam's x24 Coated Cam Followers + oil bridge (NO ROCKER ARM SHAFT): $1,350 + shipping.
*Usual Retail $1600 + shipping. Saving you $250 (16% off) -- Approx. $56.25 per rocker arm + includes Cat-Cam's oil bridge.

BMW Rocker Arm Shaft Pre-Drilled by Cat to accept Oil-Bridge (no minimum order participation):

If you need new BMW modified rocker arm shafts, Cat can supply these for (pre-drilled for the Cat-Cam Oil-Bridge) for $360

NOTE: When installing these cams, you will need to transfer the pressure regulating valve over from your stock cams to the new Cat-Cams.

If you are serious and interested in participating, please include the following in a ordered list comment down below:
1. forum name, cam duration you are interested in, as well as if you want followers or not or any other options available, and a zip-code for shipping

Cat-Cams is unable to drop-ship these individually to participants. Instead, a bulk package of all the Cat-Cam camshafts will be sent to me directly and I will need to resend these packages out to each of you individually. I will need your zip-code in order to get an accurate individual shipping quote for each person participating and you will be responsible for this cost as per the Group-Buy. If you live local to me (SC/NC/Ga area) you can also avoid the reshipping cost by local pickup once the package arrives. If you would like to get a shipping estimate on your own, my sending zipcode is 29205 and the box details are: "730x210x110mm - 8.5kg for 1 box containing 1 camshaft set." As per Cat-Cams "They are shipped inside another box for extra protection."

Lead Times (from Cat-Cams):
"Lead times depend strongly on availability of semi finished camshafts, but when these are available it will be close to 3 weeks."

For this Group-Buy to move forward, at a minimum I'd like to hit 21+ participants for cams (this can be in any combination of 280/272 or 288/280 cams) and 11+ for Followers.

*Once I have your Zip-code, I will begin to get domestic shipping quotes. Last I checked from, SC to Cali (likely the furthest transit) was around $48-50 bucks.
*Payment instructions will be sent out if we can hit the Group-Buy goal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additionally, I'd like to also offer the OE CSL Camshafts for those that want to keep things factory BMW and for cool factor, as well as OE CSL Exhaust Valves, and OE BMW (Non-Coated) Followers. For those with CSL airboxes, the CSL Cams should keep things simpler as you could run the base CSL tune file without worrying about adjusting for cam values. Please note that these cams do not count toward the 21+ orders needed for the Cat-Cams Group-Buy. There is no minimum order for these OE BMW CSL parts.

OE BMW CSL Camshafts (268/264): Pricing to come shortly
*for reference, the stock M3 camshafts are 260/260. source
OE BMW Cam Followers (non-coated x24): Pricing to come shortly
OE BMW CSL Exhaust Valves (x12): Pricing to come shortly
("geometry of the valve has been improved in order to reduce the work needed to expel the burned fuel from the combustion chamber.")

Direct shipping on these OE BMW CSL Parts:
-Shipping for OE CSL Cams + OE Followers + OE CSL Exhaust Valves: £128.58
-Shipping for just the two OE CSL cams: £124.33
-Shipping for just the OE CSL cams and OE CSL rocker arms: £126.71
-Shipping for just the OE CSL exhaust valves: £88.47

E86 Z4M Coupe Interlagos Blue/Black
E92 M3 Coupe 6MT Interlagos Blue/Fox Red - Build Thread
Appreciate 0