ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > BMW Z4 Photos, Photoshops, Videos and other Media
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-12-2008, 05:05 AM   #1
Engineer Daddy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M Coupe

End of R&R and BMW Welt

Back in Iraq, but had a great 18 days of R&R. Picked up the car my first day back in Germany, and could not be happier with it. Used every excuse to put some miles on it. My wife had the baby 4 days after I got back...all is good. After baby was born my son and I spent a day going to Munchen to visit BMW Welt. We were hoping to visit the museum, but its opening has been delayed until June 21. Had the break in service done on Friday and was hoping to join RussRamz for a trip on the ring, but I had to leave on Sunday and they are only open for an hour and a half on Saturday. So, I washed it up, filled the tank added a few extra pounds of air to the tires, removed the battery and covered it up in the warehouse storage unit. Was hard to say good bye to the car, but even harder to say good bye to the family again. I will hopefully be home in 4-5 months for good. Attached are just a few pics of the highlights.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 05:24 AM   #2
Engineer Daddy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

A few more.....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 07:21 AM   #3
03BeastCharmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '13 M3

Good luck over there. At first I thought you were saying you took the newborn to the museum That would be starting them down the BMW road young.

Current: '13 E92 M3 Euro Delivery
Gone: E86 M Coupe; E30 M3, E39 M5, E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 08:44 AM   #4
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
Good luck over there. At first I thought you were saying you took the newborn to the museum That would be starting them down the BMW road young.
lol same thing. I was like going to be like "best way to be a dad ".

But on a more serious note, where are the rest of the pics!! BMW Welt is supposed to be amazing.
And nice car btw Have a safe stay in Iraq and there is two more things to look forward to when you comeback.
      05-12-2008, 09:48 AM   #5
Incompatible
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 AW Z4C 3.0Si

Stay safe and stay in touch.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 11:56 AM   #6
Engineer Daddy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Wife said the baby could not ride in the coupe, even though I noticed they do have the "LATCH" system on the M seats.I did not realize many people would be putting a baby or car seat in the car. My older son is 10 and wanted to go and sport his new "M Coupe" hat. I took lots of pics but my internet here in Iraq is not the fastest to load pics and there were not many cars that we have not all seen before. They did seem to have about 10 different 1 series models on dispaly. They had a couple hydrogen models and ofcourse the new X6, I think 3 different engines.
The area around BMW Welt is very congested and I had a hell of a time getting the pic in front of the sign, but it was worth the hassle, the yelling I got for blocking the sidewalk by a few pedestrians and bicycle riders, but I was not leaving without it.
As for the Z4, they only had a 2.5 on display priced at over 50,000 euros
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 12:19 PM   #7
Engineer Daddy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

just a few more pics....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2008, 10:33 PM   #8
Bammered
Track Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4 ///M COUPE

Garage List
Great pics, Great car... Glad to have you aboared! Keep safe, Thanks for what your doing out there, We Support You!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 04:41 AM   #9
RussRamz
M Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe Mineral White

Get back soon and we'll have some REAL fun.

David Brent
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 02:34 AM   #10
PIMP "E"
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 2011 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
nice trip man, i was suppose to be home this month for my son and wife's birtday but i got screwed over. did you buy your car from david?? theres all these people buying new BMW's next summer sense we should all be back. i would like to get the a real euro meet together. let me know what you think.........
      05-14-2008, 04:26 AM   #11
Engineer Daddy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

yea, bought it from David. Where are you now? Our 15 months will be up in OCT and I PCS back to the states in JAN 09, so I will miss any summer meets in Germany, but look forward to meets in the states. It was a great trip and will be going again when I get back to visit the museum. Good luck to you PIMP "E" and maybe I'll see ya on the high ground.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 06:23 AM   #12
PIMP "E"
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 2011 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
cool we're going back in october too. for me i get a whole new year in europe and it starts in janurary. germany is going to be wild when everybody get back. the only thing is the euro rate is going to kill them all, lol. but hopefully the weather is fair enough to still drive the cars around. while your doing trips before you leave, i recomand lake chiemsee, there is an island in the center of the lake with a real nice castle on it. something for the whole family, fairytail stuff. what kind of wheels do you plan on getting for the M??