ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
GammaZeta
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1

Cup holder spring? Where does it go?

So my passenger side cup holder "arm" broke a few days ago, and being bored, I decided to throw a quick fix onto it. The arm now holds drinks and basically works, but when I took the cup holder out, a curled up piece of thin metal fell out, which I assume is the spring mechanism when you push it in/out.

After quite some time looking at everything, I just can't seem to find where and how the spring mounts back into the cup holder.

Anyone know about this?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
FSHFACE
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4

Along the outside of the arm is a slot. You can see a round place that the coiled spring sits in. Tread the spring down that slot. The notched end of the spring slides in that narrow slot. Uncoil it as it goes in. Once you thread it in all the way there is a cut out at the end that that notched end of the spring goes in. You'll need a small screw driver or something to fish the notched end of spring out and into the slot. I hope this helped. I'd upload pics but not in the mood to take mine apart right now.
Appreciate 0