ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: R8 - Ford Raptor

Euro Z4M Exhaust

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 2,500.00

Or Best Offer
Shipping Costs Included

Item Interest
Gent's, I bring to you yet again a nice set of Euro Z4M headers and cats. CSL headers and euro z4m cats can yield gains of about 20RWHP to the S54 engine. Price includes shipping/wrapping/tracking. Photos will follow ASAP.

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
m3e46freak@yahoo.comfor all euro parts!!
ebay/craigslist verified/ m3post/e46fanantics/m3forum/zpost/bimmerforum
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #2
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
How are these different than US ones?

Gruppe M CAI / Euro Headers / Rogue Engineering X-pipe / RE Diablo Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Your sig says you have Euro headers. Not being an ass, but ... da fuq? lol

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
seank
enthusiast
Rep
Drives: e30 m3,e90 wagon,sprinter,z4m

Quote:
Originally Posted by donovan View Post
Your sig says you have Euro headers. Not being an ass, but ... da fuq? lol
I believe he is referring to the cats, vs modified US cats.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #5
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

-US Z4M has two sets of cats. The primary cats in the headers and the secondary cats in the section 1. The US Section 1 has smaller cats as they were intended to be secondary cats.
-Euro Z4M only have a set of primary cats in the section 1. Euro section 1 has the required bungs, so it doesn't require modification.

For anyone wanting to buy headers that are not familiar with Euro Headers and Euro Cats (section 1), here's a summary of what I learned when researching mine. I hope it saves someone the time I spent.

CSL and Euro headers
CSL and Euro headers are very popular because they don't have the additional set of cats built in that US cars come with and give a nice HP bump. They also sound great.

-"Euro Headers" refer to the European M3 headers. They are fully compatible with Z4Ms
-"CSL Headers" refer to the Headers used in the M3 CSL and the European Z4M.

If you want the authentic headers that came with the Euro Z4M (and legendary CSL), you want the CSL headers for sale here. There are some slight differences between these and the Euro Headers, including being lighter. Most people run Euro headers because CSL headers are more expensive and harder to find.

Euro Section 1(Cats)
Euro Cats are very sought after because they eliminate the need to modify your US Section 1 to accommodate Euro or CSL headers. They are rare because although we can use the Headers from the Euro M3, their section 1 doesn't fit. So compatible "Euro Cats" only come from Euro Z4Ms.

-US Section 1
To run either Euro or CSL headers without throwing CEL requires the US Section 1 to be modified. You must add bungs for O2 and EGT. They need to be cut and have the bungs welded in. US Section 1 contains smaller cats than Euro section 1 because they were intended to be secondary cats.

-Euro Section 1
These already has the necessary bungs as they were designed to run with the Euro and CSL headers. No modification/welding to section 1 means less headache and less chance for something to go wrong.

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|

Last edited by Devious21; 08-26-2013 at 08:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #6
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21 View Post
-US Z4M has two sets of cats. The primary cats in the headers and the secondary cats in the section 1. The US Section 1 has smaller cats as they were intended to be secondary cats.
-Euro Z4M only have a set of primary cats in the section 1. Euro section 1 has the required bungs, so it doesn't require modification.

For anyone wanting to buy headers that are not familiar with Euro Headers and Euro Cats (section 1), here's a summary of what I learned when researching mine. I hope it saves someone the time I spent.

CSL and Euro headers
CSL and Euro headers are very popular because they don't have the additional set of cats built in that US cars come with and give a nice HP bump. They also sound great.

-"Euro Headers" refer to the European M3 headers. They are fully compatible with Z4Ms

If you want the authentic headers that came with the Euro Z4M (and legendary CSL), you want the CSL headers for sale here. There are some slight differences between these and the Euro Headers, including being lighter. Most people run Euro headers because CSL headers are more expensive and harder to find.

Euro Section 1(Cats)
Euro Cats are very sought after because they eliminate the need to modify your US Section 1 to accommodate Euro or CSL headers. They are rare because although we can use the Headers from the Euro M3, their section 1 doesn't fit. So compatible "Euro Cats" only come from Euro Z4Ms.

-US Section 1
To run either Euro or CSL headers without throwing CEL requires the US Section 1 to be modified. You must add bungs for O2 and EGT. They need to be cut and have the bungs welded in. US Section 1 contains smaller cats than Euro section 1 because they were intended to be secondary cats.

-Euro Section 1
These already has the necessary bungs as they were designed to run with the Euro and CSL headers. No modification/welding to section 1 means less headache and less chance for something to go wrong.
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-Euro headers-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap with O2 and EGT delete-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert spec settings
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 12:16 AM   #7
usaz4mcr8cr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

purchased my set from this Gentleman and he is a stand up seller. I can vouch for him.

The CSL Headers and Euro Cats are the most expensive mod I did to my car but daaayym, that growl is the bizznit.

GLWS
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 04:56 AM   #8
GriffBrew
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21 View Post

CSL and Euro headers

Euro Section 1(Cats)

-US Section 1

-Euro Section 1
This should be a sticky in the engine section.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #9
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Agreed on all information posted.

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #10
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
HAHA I was actually referring to the title without reading the body of the post which said Euro exhaust and I automatically thought of exhaust cans.

Gruppe M CAI / Euro Headers / Rogue Engineering X-pipe / RE Diablo Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #11
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

no worries bud, hit me if you want some, the cats are almost sold

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #12
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffBrew View Post
This should be a sticky in the engine section.
I don't always make productive posts

But when I do, I make sure they are in
obscure FOR SALE threads

I'll try to make a proper post in that section later that people can add to.

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #13
ChitownX
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 CB X3 35i MS; 07 BS M Coupé

Probably some dumb questions but please humor me. Is there any advantage to the Euro CSL headers and section 1 than say a SS header setup that also removes the secondary cats? Performance, cost, O2's, CEL's?

What I'm trying to gauge is the cost benefit/hassle factor of each setup before I make a decision.

If I go to Realoem and pull a a Euro spec MC, will that show me the part numbers and cost of the Euro CSL setup or was the CSL set up an upgrade?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 09:12 PM   #14
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownX View Post
Probably some dumb questions but please humor me. Is there any advantage to the Euro CSL headers and section 1 than say a SS header setup that also removes the secondary cats? Performance, cost, O2's, CEL's?

What I'm trying to gauge is the cost benefit/hassle factor of each setup before I make a decision.

If I go to Realoem and pull a a Euro spec MC, will that show me the part numbers and cost of the Euro CSL setup or was the CSL set up an upgrade?
Your car evaluates readings from before and after a set of cats. If you can't provide it that, it's going to complain. You either have to get a tune telling your car not to look for that (won't pass smog), find some creative way to emulate/fake those readings, or just live with the CEL. You'll have to look through the forums and see how successful people have been running no cats. I'm in California so that's out of my jurisdiction.

Running a SS setup with no (primary or secondary) cats
-Better performance (less cats are always better)
-Worse smell (running no cats can be toxic)
-Will have to deal with CEL. Either live with it or get a tune that ignores it. I'm assuming you won't be attempting to smog.

Running with Euro headers/Cats
-Still better performance than stock US cars (deleting a full set of cats)
-No smell (big primary cat. This is the OEM euro setup)
-As long as install is done correctly, your car won't know that it's even modified. Will still pass smog.

Last edited by Devious21; 08-27-2013 at 11:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #15
seank
enthusiast
Rep

Quote:

Realoem prices are not accurate. Check the pn on line for actual pricing.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #16
ChitownX
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 CB X3 35i MS; 07 BS M Coupé

Thanks for education. So on the CEL's, according to RealOEM the Euro headers have one "Lambda" probe in each header while the US has 2 - before and after each cat. What happens with the extra probe? The US secondaries versus Euro primaries look similar. I assume the difference is that the Euro are high capacity.

Input from anyone would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #17
seank
enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
I assume the difference is that the Euro are high capacity.
That has been debated over and over again on zpost.

I don't know of an extra probe
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #18
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for education. So on the CEL's, according to RealOEM the Euro headers have one "Lambda" probe in each header while the US has 2 - before and after each cat. What happens with the extra probe?
It needs to move down behind the secondary cat in sections 1(or primary cat if you have euro sections 1).

You have a pair of pre cat and post cat sensors in US Headers because the cats are in the header. For the Euro headers without cats, those post cat sensors now plug in behind the cat in section 1.

Euro Section 1 has the bungs for these sensors. The US section 1 does not. If you get JUST euro headers, you have to modify the US section 1 so you can relocate those post-cat sensors. If you get Euro section 1, they plug right in.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #19
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep

I created this thread in exhaust section so we can move this discussion over there. When you're ready to get headers and/or Euro cats, Donovan is the man to contact. Great seller.

Last edited by Devious21; 08-28-2013 at 10:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #20
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Thanks for the kind words Gents'

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #21
Jumbosock
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M coupe

I also bought CSL headers and Euro cats from Donovan. I've been running them with no check engine light for over a year now. I also passed the sniffer smog test here in CA. These are a cool add on for those wanting to upgrade yet keep an OEM look. It passes Cali visual with no prob.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 03:40 AM   #22
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Thx dude!

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0