ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
markZ4MC
Private
1
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: Z4MC
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

Front bumper drooping/Wheel well Rivets

Ever since I installed wider tires and lowered my MCoupe, I rubbed away the one of the front wheel rivets. Now my front bumper is starting to seperate from the fender.

Any creative ideas how to re-attach? I could replace the rivet, but it will just rub again.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
Beedub
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
54
Rep
4,093
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Z4 M roadster vt2-500
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

whats your wheel setup / specs?? just for info, wondering if added camber will help??
__________________
Pristine Bi-colour Ti /Bsm...z4m roadster Ess vt2-500....Perfection on wheels.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 12:09 AM   #3
mpm3
Captain
mpm3's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
814
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 M coupe
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2007 BMW M coupe  [5.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by markZ4MC View Post
Ever since I installed wider tires and lowered my MCoupe, I rubbed away the one of the front wheel rivets. Now my front bumper is starting to seperate from the fender.

Any creative ideas how to re-attach? I could replace the rivet, but it will just rub again.
in for info, lol has happened to me as well. i tried zip ties but no luck
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 12:21 AM   #4
dorifto88
Major
11
Rep
1,047
Posts

 
Drives: 88 Nissan Pathfinder
Join Date: May 2010
Location: cowtown

iTrader: (3)

Are you all referring to the bumper clip that helps to attach the bumper to the car?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #5
markZ4MC
Private
1
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: Z4MC
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorifto88 View Post
Are you all referring to the bumper clip that helps to attach the bumper to the car?
Possibly

They sit on on the inside of the fender and is a plastic black rivet. Its worn away completely and now the bumber is sagging.

My wheels are 19x 8.5et30, 255/35.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
psygnosis
Major
psygnosis's Avatar
11
Rep
1,019
Posts

 
Drives: '04 Z4 3.0i Sport
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Umm, don't those just hold the plastic wheel well to the bumper? The bumper is held up by the screws under the hood and the clips by the headlight. With some support underneath.
__________________
Straightaways are for fast cars, Corners are for fast drivers.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #7
inTgr8r
Major General
inTgr8r's Avatar
Canada
113
Rep
8,088
Posts

 
Drives: 07 M Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

Pics?
__________________
Alpinweiss '07 M Coupe •DKF Section1•RPi GT exhaust•Fabspeed Headers•Autosolutions SSK•APR splitter•Tekarbon headlights•StrongStrut STB•H&R COs + ARBs•Poly FCAB/RTAB•Volk Racing G2•Direzza ZII•Stoptech BBK•Vibra-Tech mtr mounts•
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #8
j03chu
Lieutenant
United_States
9
Rep
494
Posts

 
Drives: 07 AW Z4MC
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SOCAL: irvine, monrovia

iTrader: (0)

I've had rubbing issues with my front's for years...

I ran a 19 x 8.5 + 32 (e46 m3 offset?) volks te37's + the current HRE's and ran a 255/35/19 tire for both.

My fender self tapping screws have been worn down completely and replaced, and the bumper clip (that self destructs by the way each time you take it off for 50$) popped off twice from the car turning lock to lock or on a bump.

My issue is that some parts of the wheel well simply just rubs once lowered, its not the very top of the arch, but closer to a 40,45 degrees where the tire rubs off the wheel well. Camber/Toe COULD solve this issue, but I'm thinking of going a bit higher.
__________________

2007 Z4MC | AW/Blk Extended/Prem Pkg/Carbon Int
H&R Coils|HRE 545's|AFE Intake|RPI Scoop|Custom Catback|Tekcarbon HL Mod
Stubby Antenna|Vinyle'd Roof + Bumper|Mstache V2|RacingBrakes Rotors + Stud Kit|
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 01:36 AM   #9
Jumbosock
Captain
Jumbosock's Avatar
10
Rep
810
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 M coupe
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Btw, the black clip isn't always destroyed if you use a weeder to gain access to those pesky upper front snaps of the black clip. Just stick the weeder in between the fender and the upper part of the clip and twist counter clockwise as you're pulling down on the black clip. Those pesky snaps slip right out.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00004...r=8-23&pi=SL75

Last edited by Jumbosock; 01-10-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #10
3002 tii
Major General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
141
Rep
8,600
Posts

 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (50)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by j03chu View Post
I've had rubbing issues with my front's for years...

I ran a 19 x 8.5 + 32 (e46 m3 offset?) volks te37's + the current HRE's and ran a 255/35/19 tire for both.

My fender self tapping screws have been worn down completely and replaced, and the bumper clip (that self destructs by the way each time you take it off for 50$) popped off twice from the car turning lock to lock or on a bump.

My issue is that some parts of the wheel well simply just rubs once lowered, its not the very top of the arch, but closer to a 40,45 degrees where the tire rubs off the wheel well. Camber/Toe COULD solve this issue, but I'm thinking of going a bit higher.
You're doing it wrong if it breaks everytime you pull off the bumper. See this post:

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=450
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST