ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #45
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

the dog is dead. Move on people. sheeesh
      04-21-2011, 06:31 PM   #46
Twisted Six
CarbonFiber Engineer @ ZeroMassMotorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4si-coupe

One thing for sure...providing you have the tools to do it......I'd explore the undercarriage affected zones and then go onto RealOem dot come and look at the part numbers etc. and see if this is really as bad as you think.

Your own labor to pull parts and re-install new may not be so bad and worth looking into.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #47
Phishman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Beige car

Let's be fair - nobody was actually flaming anyone. If you are familiar with this forum you would know there are many dog lovers on here. Asking about the dog is not the same as calling you a jerk who hates animals. Even Villa didn't say you were a prick, he just wondered if anyone was gonna ask is all.

I hope your car is back to normal as quickly as possible and that you can put this whole thing behind you.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 06:50 PM   #48
Phishman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Beige car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKe86 View Post
Holy tree hugging responses in here...
Tree huggers are liberal environmentalists and have nothing to do with dogs or cars. Sorry for the aside, just really sick of being called a tree hugger by people that don't even know what the phrase means.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 07:03 PM   #49
marinb
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 911 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishman View Post
Tree huggers are liberal environmentalists and have nothing to do with dogs or cars. Sorry for the aside, just really sick of being called a tree hugger by people that don't even know what the phrase means.
Haha... pretty funny to be calling someone that drives a 2 seater sports car that gets 15mpg a tree hugger. =)
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 09:02 PM   #50
Twisted Six
CarbonFiber Engineer @ ZeroMassMotorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4si-coupe

Its an officially wrecked thread.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 10:09 PM   #51
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasaline View Post
Also to Finnegan, yea it was definitely a FML moment. I dont know what you would call it yourself but killing a innocent dog and damaging my car is definitely a FML moment
Yes, you are absolutely right, it was an FML moment. We all look for help and support here, and I provided just the opposite. You have my sincerest apologies about that for what little that may be worth at this point. I think it's important to own up to things when we are wrong (as I am) so I wanted to at least say that. I really am sorry I was not a better community member in supporting you.

My concern at this point--which should have been my first concern--is how you're doing given what happened. I don't want or need an answer. Yes, it was stupid and as one voice of reason noted earlier we really should have been responding with empathy and concern, not knee jerk reactions. A much better thoughtful, concerned, and supportive response would have been more along the lines of "this is awful man, you must feel terrible, and ending up with damage to your car on top of what happened just makes it that much worse. I hope you are okay, and I hope the car comes out the other side good as new. I am sorry you had to go through this. Let us know I'd you need a referral to a top notch repair shop."

If we want to take my post as an example of what not to do on a forum--post things when you haven't thought things all the way through and from various angles--that's fine by me. It will not happen again around here by me--that's a promise.

Last edited by Finnegan; 04-25-2011 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 10:45 PM   #52
MIKe86
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 90 332is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishman View Post
I know what a tree hugger is, the point is about the mindset - it's typically the same type of person. Perhaps a bit of a stereotype on my part? Sure, it is.

You guys go so overboard about a dog-run-over story, it's ridiculous. Honestly, reading about a dog story and not KNOWING whether or not the dog made it out alive having lasting effects on you while trying to get through your day? Honestly, it's absurd.

Funny how people can read about a homicide or hear about a murder story on the news and go about their day like it's nothing - but throw in a sad dog/cat story and you lose your marbles. It's a joke.
      04-21-2011, 11:20 PM   #53
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep

finally some sense
      04-21-2011, 11:37 PM   #54
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
I agree with MIKe. Even if he did swerve to hit it this is much less disturbing than a few stories I read on CNN today (6 teens killing another and burning him to ashes... Wtf)

Here is something to lighten the mood http://www.theonion.com/video/autist...-in-cra,20098/
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 11:58 PM   #55
MIKe86
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 90 332is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Here is something to lighten the mood http://www.theonion.com/video/autist...-in-cra,20098/
LOL! Was thinking to myself before clicking - this guy did not seriously just say "here's something to lighten the mood" then post a death story...
      04-22-2011, 12:27 AM   #56
Thisisdudewhoru
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 BSM 340i

Hey guys, I host dog fights at my house every second saturday of the month. All breeds welcome. We have open division, 1-20lbs, 21-45lbs, a 46+ heavyweight division and a puppy division(under 8 months old). All newcomers are welcome. PM for directions. We also have a house vet who helps injured dogs and puts suffering ones down for those of you concerned with the dogs suffering from fatal injuries. We also offer your basic burial and cremation services should your dog lose. Entry fee is 100 dollars per entered class. Prize is 2k to the winning dog of each class.

Cheers!
      04-22-2011, 01:22 AM   #57
vasaline
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 M Roadster

Well lets get this thread back on track... Car is at a BMW Collision Center. Pictures will follow shortly when they send them to me
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #58
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: > speed limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKe86 View Post
I know what a tree hugger is, the point is about the mindset - it's typically the same type of person. Perhaps a bit of a stereotype on my part? Sure, it is.

You guys go so overboard about a dog-run-over story, it's ridiculous. Honestly, reading about a dog story and not KNOWING whether or not the dog made it out alive having lasting effects on you while trying to get through your day? Honestly, it's absurd.

Funny how people can read about a homicide or hear about a murder story on the news and go about their day like it's nothing - but throw in a sad dog/cat story and you lose your marbles. It's a joke.
This totally reminds me of joker's speech in the "dark knight" abotu it all being part of the plan.

Joker: I just did what I do best. I took your little plan and I turned it on itself. Look what I did to this city with a few drums of gas and a couple of bullets. Hmmm? You know... You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan." But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 10:42 AM   #59
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep

aaaaaanyway. You got pics of the damage?
      04-22-2011, 11:17 AM   #60
ANUSTART
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4

Quote:
Well lets get this thread back on track... Car is at a BMW Collision Center. Pictures will follow shortly when they send them to me
Uh oh, that bad eh. Good luck.

Once they are done get a good undercarriage wash. I ran over a dead dog that was baking in the Texas sun on my motorcycle. Never got rid of the smell.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #61
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
^^Yuck. I usually swerve for stuff like that, especially on my MC.

Please do post pictures when you get them! Hope it all gets fixed up like new! I actually ran across your thread today where you posted about just getting your car
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #62
ANUSTART
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
^^Yuck. I usually swerve for stuff like that, especially on my MC.)
I wish I could have. It was a dark freeway and came on it too fast to do anything other than pull back and go right through it. And due to being out on the road for quite a while I'm guessing, it was "through" and not "over." Was quite nasty.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 12:51 PM   #63
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Having gone through the repair process once myself (similar sounding damage--have to see if it pans out that way when you post the pics), and knowing a few others on this (and other forums) who have as well, it's best to be prepared for being w/o the car for awhile. (Which sucks big time.) Even the best repair shops can take awhile to get work done, and M parts can take more time to source than non-M parts.

In my case everything came out looking and driving perfectly, but it was well over two months start to finish. This can be frustrating, but at least in my case being prepared for it to take awhile seemed to ease the level of irritation a bit. Not much, but a bit.

That being said, I hope your shop can get it all fixed perfectly quickly and efficiently. A good shop can take something that looks like it will never be the same and make it all seem like a bad dream (from cosmetics to driving dynamics). It's amazing how good some of these guys are, and it's always a plus to have all the little rock chips and whatever cleaned up (if you want a positive angle to view things from). I could not believe how good things looked coming out the other side. I never would have imagined it could be fixed (and fixed better than it was before).

This shop you're at has a good reputation and some references yes? If not, you can always move on, and I'll bet there are some so cal folks who can make recommendations. In this state you can choose who does your repair regardless of where the insurance carrier would like to send your car.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 01:55 PM   #64
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

I only clicked on this thread to see if the dog was OK. I guess I'm a "treehugger".

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #65
WAMz4
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si Roady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
I only clicked on this thread to see if the dog was OK. I guess I'm a "treehugger".
Aparently only "Treehugging" liberals love thier dogs. Conservatives can just throw them away without feeling and just get a new one, like getting a new gun only without the waiting period.
      04-25-2011, 03:04 PM   #66
RBull
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Have to agree. I'm pretty surprised.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4-Villalona View Post
2 post reaction and not one question about the animal...
Appreciate 0