ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-19-2007, 10:18 PM   #45
Master Deep
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 325xi

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
And for those that don't know, when Master Deep says he's looking for a car, he means he's looking for a car that his parents are buying for him.
Exactly! Nothing wrong with it. It still has to be earned. If i don't pull a 3.8 in college this year then I can forget about it. And that's not easy with orgo. Plus I work and pay for my insurance, clothes, and food, etc. I don't pay gas anymore but used to.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2007, 11:49 PM   #46
Alchem
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Deep View Post
Exactly! Nothing wrong with it. It still has to be earned. If i don't pull a 3.8 in college this year then I can forget about it. And that's not easy with orgo. Plus I work and pay for my insurance, clothes, and food, etc. I don't pay gas anymore but used to.
Ah yes..the Carrot on a stick method. You are just setting yourself up for a big fall. CoS works on toddlers, but im assuming your not a toddler..or perhaps your parents treat you as one. One would think someone your age would be able to think for themselves.

I really don't care how rich your parents are, its not the money. My child hood friend's parents are billionaires. If you meet him you wouldn't know it. He drives a 08 accord. His parents didn't pay a penny for his college, and they NEVER bought him expensive toys. Also he is only going to inherit a small amount of his parents fortune. He knew that he had to do well on his own in order to succeed..that was his motivation. His wife did not know about the family's wealth till they were pretty much married.

I assure you that you probably won't get a 3.8(sorry!). But if your parents cut you off. You most certainly will.

Don't believe me? comeback at the end of your semester and lets see if you did or not. Oh ..and Z4 pics are required to prove that you got a 3.8.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2007, 12:47 AM   #47
Master Deep
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchem View Post
Ah yes..the Carrot on a stick method. You are just setting yourself up for a big fall. CoS works on toddlers, but im assuming your not a toddler..or perhaps your parents treat you as one. One would think someone your age would be able to think for themselves.

I really don't care how rich your parents are, its not the money. My child hood friend's parents are billionaires. If you meet him you wouldn't know it. He drives a 08 accord. His parents didn't pay a penny for his college, and they NEVER bought him expensive toys. Also he is only going to inherit a small amount of his parents fortune. He knew that he had to do well on his own in order to succeed..that was his motivation. His wife did not know about the family's wealth till they were pretty much married.

I assure you that you probably won't get a 3.8(sorry!). But if your parents cut you off. You most certainly will.

Don't believe me? comeback at the end of your semester and lets see if you did or not. Oh ..and Z4 pics are required to prove that you got a 3.8.
Nah I gotta do good for myself first. Otherwise my career path is done. All the bonuses from the parents are just extra. I do good and succeed, then I get stuff. It does help keep me motivated though. And since I'm doing pre-med, it's basically about grades and the MCAT. And no ones knows about my parents money either. I mean my friends know what car I have, but they all say "You don't act like you have money".

And I currently have a 3.9 so far this semester. But that's cause, because of me primarily wanting a stick car really bad, I study a lot more this year. Like around 30-35 hours a week. It sucks. But my grades are doing well and that makes me happy. At least my hard work is paying off. As long as I don't bomb the final or tests I should be ok.

And if I don't do good, then my parents will cut me off, or start taking away things little by little as my gpa drops. I can't afford to have that happen.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2007, 09:39 AM   #48
dnjgetz
Rep
Drives: 2007 335 xi with prem/sp/cwp

I grew up in a very low income household, and used COS for my motivation my entire life. Unfortunately the stick was very long, and it took a bit of imagination to visualize the carrot. However, both my brother and I are physicians, and are both enjoying feasting on the carrot.
-Getz
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2007, 10:42 AM   #49
155MPH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 sDrive28i M Performance

Garage List
Feasting on a carrot doesn't sound like much of a feast at all - unless you are a rabbit.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 10:35 AM   #50
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

wow, this convo went off topic.

Oh, and rumor has it that there should be a vert version of the G37
      10-21-2007, 12:39 PM   #51
Master Deep
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbiz View Post
wow, this convo went off topic.

Oh, and rumor has it that there should be a vert version of the G37
Woah didn't know about that. But I wonder how it will look... For some reason every image I can come up with in my head looks ugly. But I didn't like the 350Z roadster much either.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 01:26 PM   #52
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Deep View Post
Woah didn't know about that. But I wonder how it will look... For some reason every image I can come up with in my head looks ugly. But I didn't like the 350Z roadster much either.
I agree with you. After I test drove the new G coupe, i mentioned that i kinda wanted a vert. He said that there might be one soon. I told the guy at the infiniti dealer that a G vert won't look as good a new 3 vert, he claim it was going to be better looking.
      10-21-2007, 01:56 PM   #53
Master Deep
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbiz View Post
I agree with you. After I test drove the new G coupe, i mentioned that i kinda wanted a vert. He said that there might be one soon. I told the guy at the infiniti dealer that a G vert won't look as good a new 3 vert, he claim it was going to be better looking.
When do you think it is going to come out?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 09:25 PM   #54
155MPH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 sDrive28i M Performance

Garage List
It will be too high waisted....
Appreciate 0