ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #23
Finnegan
Major General

Drives: Sapphire Black/Black Z4Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
In that little free panel where people usually relocate their 12v outlets to. Hidden under the dash area (above the seat heaters and ashtray)

it comes with a switch you hold for 4-5 seconds for the flaps to fully open. You can stop it anywhere in between, but I'm gonna treat it as an on-off switch.

Should sound very interesting, since some air will still hit the stock mufflers
Finnegan is offline   United_States
      08-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #24
Beedub
Brigadier General

Drives: 2007 Z4 M roadster vt2-500

going to install my DKF damped hangers to see if i can get rid of some of that horrific drone!!, hardtop has made it much better however... with the roof off, it sounds great, with the fabric roof up, its unbearable!! lol
      08-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #25
dubsesd
Colonel

Drives: Z4M coupe / X5 35d LCI /F150

And how did the hangers do? Did they help?
2006 ///M Coupe TiAg / IR -- H&R coilovers/RPI exhaust/ZHP knob/19" Morr MS52 ONE hand brushed & polished/Stoptech 355mm 6/4 BBK/Turner strut bar/polished diagonal braces/m tower caps/tekarbon 2x2 coil cover/Michelin PSS/gloss black kidneys/painted gloss black roof/mstache 2 front lip/AFE dry intake/RPI forced induction/colormatch corners/black chrome //M badges/rear diffuser/aeroskirts/carbon sideskirt extentions/rogue mounts/DKF adjustable hangers/22%tint/euromode lighting/LED interior & plate lighting
      08-24-2012, 08:09 AM   #26
Z4MHawk
Private First Class

Drives: '06 Z4 M Roadster

UPDATE:

I removed the perforated screens from the side of the main tube with a round grinding stone on the end of bit extender and air grinder. No change in the tone of the RPI exhaust at idle, but a significant tone change under throttle. There is also more rasp...so it would appear that the screens are used for deeper tone from the main tube and to control rasp.

I will get it out today and see what it sounds like in the dreaded 2500 to 3000 rpm range in 1st and second. I will also place a sound recorder in the cab and will post the audio clip.