ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
View Poll Results: Do you wait for the beeps to stop???
I crank/start the engine immeditately upon key penetration 35 53.85%
I wait patiently until beeps stop whining 15 23.08%
It depends on my mood 15 23.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

10-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #23
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Weird...I don't have my seatbelt sensor in but still get beeps which go away as soon as I start the engine. For all intents and purposes the seatbelt chime is deactivated...I could drive all day with no seatbelt and it will stay quiet like a good girl does. You'd think those initial beeps would be gone too if they're seatbelt related
To revisit this thought...it's because in the morning in the garage my door is open when I start my car. With the door closed, I get no beeps no matter the key position or seatbelt on/off
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 10:48 PM   #24
krusty
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 coupé

Quote:
I don't have my seatbelt sensor in
How does one remove it?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #25
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by krusty View Post
How does one remove it?
I replaced my drivers seat with a racing seat. I used the VAC mounts and since at the time I wasn't sure, to be safe I ordered their seatbelt to floor mount kit, which doesn't have any sensors

http://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac-...kit-p2072.aspx

Now I realize that I can reuse the factor seatbelt recepticle which does have the sensor and should take care of the airbag light
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #26
krusty
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Do you know what the BMW seats cost? If I remember correctly, replacement cost is something like $7000 each here in Oz!

> and should take care of the airbag light

Lol - airbag light too .... I just wanted to get rid of the seatbelt beeps .. or at least drop them down to a smaller number. It is a stupid design, because it shouldn't beep at you if you are not driving.

Whilst on holiday, I recently hired an Audi A4 ... and that only beeps at you if you are actually driving the car unbelted, which is much more sensible. Of course, the Audi had other user-interface disasters, like having to enter software menus to make the aircon stronger or weaker --- awful ergonomics.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #27
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
What does the cost of the BMW replacement seat have to do with it? I still have the oem seat...I'll just scavange the part off of it, nothing that's irreversible. But I've been saying I'll get around to it since like May...

And yea, I hate the beeping in cars too. It's one of the few things I agree with Jeremy Clarkson about. I don't care that the car can do it, just wish there was an option to turn it all off.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 02:24 PM   #28
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

Quote:
I replaced my drivers seat with a racing seat. I used the VAC mounts and since at the time I wasn't sure, to be safe I ordered their seatbelt to floor mount kit, which doesn't have any sensors

http://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac-...kit-p2072.aspx

Now I realize that I can reuse the factor seatbelt recepticle which does have the sensor and should take care of the airbag light
If you already have an airbag light on, I'm pretty sure you won't be able to get rid of it by just connecting everything up again. You'll have to go to the dealer or use a handheld unit to clear the code from the ECU.

When I swapped my driver seat out, I made sure to transfer over the necessary connector along with the seatbelt receptacle & tensioner. So I don't have any airbag issues.
I also helped a local forum buddy swap out his seats, and he doesn't have any dash lights on either
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 03:42 PM   #29
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Yea, I will need to have it reset, but it shouldn't come back
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #30
JeffchaPz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

I disabled the beeping to let you know the key is in and the driver's door is open. I also disabled the seat belt reminder.... Phreaken annoying.

The red reminder on the dash stays on if the seat belt is not on. However, if I start driving away and my seat belt is not on... it will start beeping at around 20 mph.... Now that's how the beeping reminder should work.... not start beeping as you start the car

My solution: P.A bmw-scanner $32 plus shipping from china.... love it!

It does few other cool things like enableling the clown nose when you lock the car, auto relock if you unlock but dont open the doors within 2 mins... and you can play around with your day time lights.... right now I'm driving with no angel eyes since I'm working on them and changing them to 194 LED bulbs... OH... and you can tell the car NOT to check the lamps so you can change a regular buld(s) for LEDs... and you won't get the notification on the dash.... love ET!

PS, I haven't changed my turn signals bulds for LEDs because I think they start flashing faster and that's a diff subject.

Laterz.

Last edited by JeffchaPz; 10-26-2011 at 11:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 12:41 AM   #31
krusty
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffchaPz View Post

I disabled the seat belt reminder.... The red reminder on the dash stays on if the seat belt is not on. However, if I start driving away and my seat belt is not on... it will start beeping at around 20 mph.... Now that's how the beeping reminder should work....

So I googled bmw-scanner and found it ...
1) If I connect this thingie to my car, is there anything that can go wrong? Like it stuffing up the electrics? Or ???

2) To switch off the seat-belt beeping (exactly as you described above), which option do you deactivate (see pic):

a) "Driver's Seat Belt Buckle Switch" ?
b) Buckles front current interface?
c) Buckles front voltage interface?

Or Something else?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 02:12 AM   #32
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Skyer Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffchaPz View Post

Would you mind sharing where to obtain one? Did a quick search seems like you got the 1.4.0 version? If it's not convenient to post in public, you can pm me.

thanks,
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 03:28 AM   #33
beta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

I actually kinda like having the beeping when the key is in and the door is open, but the reminder to put on my seatbelt I'd love to get rid of. I've tried getting in the habit of putting on my seatbelt before turning on the car but it still bothers me.

That and click to pass, can you set it with the same scanner?
      10-30-2011, 12:53 PM   #34
JeffchaPz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I'm sorry for the late replay... been a lil busy playing around with my angel light to be honest....
but here is screen shot of my set up. Also, go on ebay and look up bmw-scanner or P.A scanner.... I paid $32 plus shipping form China I know but the chiniz dude made me happy

PS, this scanner allows me to change my angel light to LED
and day time lights options.... as you'll can see on the pic.
Attached Images

Last edited by JeffchaPz; 10-30-2011 at 03:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #35
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

^ with the scanner are you able to get rid of the remaining lower amber light as well?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 02:28 PM   #36
JeffchaPz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Well.... if you select the Euro- day time lights it will turn off the angel lights and turn on the xenon light and rear lights only - every time you start the car.... no amber lights.... so to answer your question... yes but not really cus at night evething is going to be dark /off inside the car except your speedometers and tach will have light.... did I confuse you yet?

Last edited by JeffchaPz; 10-30-2011 at 02:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 02:35 PM   #37
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

You didn't confuse me. Mine DRLs are set to Euro now, and I really want to turn that off and set it for US DRL. You can actually see it in my sig if you look close enough (under the blue tape ).
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 03:08 PM   #38
JeffchaPz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Gator... I think this is what you looking for.... I wasn't to crazy about the look.
It looks clean at night but a bit grayish when the amber light are off during the day.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #39
beta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Maybe I'll pick up one of these for the bay area folk Thanks for sharing.