Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Question from the original thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownX View Post
Probably some dumb questions but please humor me. Is there any advantage to the Euro CSL headers and section 1 than say a SS header setup that also removes the secondary cats? Performance, cost, O2's, CEL's?

What I'm trying to gauge is the cost benefit/hassle factor of each setup before I make a decision.
Your car evaluates readings from before and after a set of cats. If you can't provide it that, it's going to complain. You either have to get a tune telling your car not to look for that (won't pass smog), find some creative way to emulate/fake those readings, or just live with the CEL. You'll have to look through the forums and see how successful people have been running no cats. I'm in California so that's out of my jurisdiction.

Running a setup with no (primary or secondary) cats
-Better performance (less cats are always better)
-Worse smell (running no cats can be toxic)
-Will have to deal with CEL. Either live with it or get a tune that ignores it(of find some creative way to simulate it). I'm assuming you won't be attempting to smog.

Running with Euro headers/Cats
-Still better performance than stock US cars (deleting a full set of cats)
-No smell (big primary cat. This is the OEM euro setup)
-As long as install is done correctly, your car won't know that it's even modified. Will still pass smog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownX View Post
If I go to Realoem and pull a a Euro spec MC, will that show me the part numbers and cost of the Euro CSL setup or was the CSL set up an upgrade?
It should show you the CSL headers and Euro Section 1. This is what comes stock on a Euro Z4M. As SeanK mentioned, don't use prices from Real OEM. Just use it to look up part numbers.

If you are looking for a used set (as most of us are), PM Donovan. He should be able to get you a set at a good price direct from the UK.

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|

Last edited by Devious21; 08-29-2013 at 10:27 AM..
Appreciate 0