05-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #10
marinb
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 911 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind32 View Post
Oh man. I had avoided that thread but looking at it now, wish I had the cash. Anyone want to buy me a early Xmas present?

My EGT sensor is still in the stock location (in the headers) and I notice there is a soft error (no CEL or SES) complaining about it. As I understand, most people move the EGT to the euro location when going to "Euro" headers.

What I really wish I could do is, get the DKF S-pipe, cap the "euro" EGT location and do a dyno. See if there is any gains/set baseline with exhaust setup. Then move EGT to Euro location, allow DME to adapt, then dyno again to see if the location of EGT makes more power and gets rid of that error.
When I was running my relocate, I had the O2s in the Euro position and the EGT in the stock position in the headers. I had not CEL and no readiness issues.

I've heard from some people that when they relocate the EGT to the Euro position that they get occasional plausibility errors.

There was also a thread at one point where someone was seeing a power loss with the EGT in the Euro location and once they moved it to the Stock location in the header then they saw actual gains. (I don't have time to search for that thread right now.)
Appreciate 0