View Single Post
      06-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #133
marinb
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 911 GTS

I know what tekmoe is talking about. I use to have a CBR600 and there was just no torque on the bottom end. You could give it full throttle at 3k and it just wouldn't move. But there were benefits to having less torque than a liter bike, i.e. you didn't have to worry about going into an unintentional wheelie or breaking the rear end loose. You could always crank down and give it full throttle and not have to worry about anything. Also, on tight canyon roads I would just let it sing at 10k rpm, and easily toss it into turns. That was the best.

It's just a different bike for different people's tastes. Just like cars... Some people like the high torque low revs of a mustang, while others prefer the low torque high revs of an s2000. I think S54 owners are closer to the later camp, but there is still decent amount of torque in our M cars.

I think there is no denying the ideal of high torque and high revs, which is basically what the liter bike gets you, but you sacrifice a bit a handling. And that tradeoff is just a personal preference, why fight about it?
Appreciate 0