BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-05-2023, 03:13 PM   #1
ggla
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01 MSport Plus

App and charging

I keep setting my app to charge the car at 23:30 each night but it seems to ignore it and charges immediately. It used to work ok. Anyone else with the same issue?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2023, 03:39 AM   #2
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

I have read here and on other forums that it is more reliable to set the car to Charge Immediately, and using the app for your charger to set the timing.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2023, 06:49 AM   #3
greyt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 & iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggla View Post
I keep setting my app to charge the car at 23:30 each night but it seems to ignore it and charges immediately. It used to work ok. Anyone else with the same issue?
Does it stop after a couple of minutes? It is normal for it to charge when first connected so it can calculate the charge finish time based on the power provided… it will consume approx .25KW whilst it does this.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2023, 09:17 AM   #4
ggla
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01 MSport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyt View Post
Does it stop after a couple of minutes? It is normal for it to charge when first connected so it can calculate the charge finish time based on the power provided… it will consume approx .25KW whilst it does this.
No, it just keeps charging for hours at peak rate electricity when i actually want it to be in certain hours for reduced rate electricity.

WHen i toggle in the app between charge immediatley and charge in time period the "update in bmw" doesnt activate.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 09:39 AM   #5
ix3 lover
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro G08

Charging iX3 via Octopus Go tariff

I have struggled for days trying to create a simple charging regime.
My desired scenario:

1. Plug in charging cable connected to Easee 32A 7.5 kWh wall charger on arriving home
2. Get confirmation via My BMW app that charging commenced then was stopped by the Octopus Go managed charging app to await low tariff time
3. Charge between 11:30 and 05:30 at low tariff
4. Enjoy next journey knowing any battery charge was achieved at low tariff.

Instead I keep finding the car second guessing when I want to depart and Easee app wanting to charge during high tariff period. I’ve tried disabling departure times, charge immediately, charge during 11:30 to 05:30 time slot and Bump charging via the Octopus app.

Is life really this difficult?
Any suggestions on optimum settings between car/charger/Octopus app?
Thanks in anticipation that somebody understands the required settings.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2023, 07:41 AM   #6
brownejp
Private
Rep
Drives: iX3 MSport Pro Carbon Black

I have a wallbox charger.
My car settings are set to charge immediately. I have a scheduled charge time set in the wallbox app. I plug in the car, unlock the charger and it just sits and waits for the scheduled time on the wallbox app. Very simple, no issues. Doesnt try to do a charge when I plug in initially as the wallbox is not supplying power.
Appreciate 0