THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Fair price for LSD differential M235i

09-07-2023, 02:16 AM   #1
kuwaldawe
Rep
Drives: M235i

Fair price for LSD differential M235i

Hello

I'm from Europe. I'm having hard time finding anyone that ships
LSD differential to my location.

I asked dealer for service and got quoted 3.75k euro for ordering and installing it. From what I've googled, this seems like a too high price, but let me know if I'm wrong and it's a fair price, please.

Car is 2016 M235i with automatic transmission.

Can you guys elaborate on how much did your M performance LSD differential cost with or without install cost in case you installed it
by yourself?

Also, should I look for other differentials than M performance once? I don't want to go higher in price though.

If you could link me to anyone reliable that ships around EU and also to Estonia, it would be highly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 08:30 AM   #2
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

I paid $2280 US dollars for my M Perf LSD shipped from BMW parts hub. Install at a local shop was about $800.
      09-08-2023, 08:11 AM   #3
Ajowhan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m240i 'vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuwaldawe View Post
Hello

I'm from Europe. I'm having hard time finding anyone that ships
LSD differential to my location.

I asked dealer for service and got quoted 3.75k euro for ordering and installing it. From what I've googled, this seems like a too high price, but let me know if I'm wrong and it's a fair price, please.

Car is 2016 M235i with automatic transmission.

Can you guys elaborate on how much did your M performance LSD differential cost with or without install cost in case you installed it
by yourself?

Also, should I look for other differentials than M performance once? I don't want to go higher in price though.

If you could link me to anyone reliable that ships around EU and also to Estonia, it would be highly appreciated.
You don't have to google anything in future, dealership will always be too high price. Always. I have been quoted around $5-600 for install and I have found some around $2.3k
Appreciate 1
      09-08-2023, 08:18 AM   #4
freakystyly
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F22 B58 6MT

I love how without fail the parts are always a minimum of 2x more for Canadians regardless of exchange rate.

Just did a quick google of he P# and yup, sure enough $6k for the BMW pumpkin.

Have you looked at Quaife? I believe they are UK based.
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2023, 02:38 AM   #5
msej449
msej449
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i Convertible +LSD 2016

Garage List
£2,100 installed in 2019 by the dealer in Hove (S.Coast of the UK) who sold me the car (M235i convertible 2016 Sports Auto). If you have BMW Extended Warranty as I have, M Performance parts fitted by a dealer preserves the warranty, so I didn’t look at other products like the Quaife or direct from Drexler (who manufacture the BMW MP LSD). My dealer gets people driving the 50 miles down from London to have servicing and other work done because the labour rates there are so high (may be the same where you are that a workshop in a region may be cheaper than a big city).

UK insurers are very conservative about retro-fits. Not sure what it’s like where you are but it’s not a bad idea to check with your insurer about any hike in premium. Here, most class even the BMW MP LSD fitted by a dealer as a ‘modification’ and some steer clear of covering anything with mods’. I pay around £35 extra a year due to the LSD. When I checked, some insurers either simply didn’t cover modd’ed cars or demanded a ridiculous extra on the premium.