Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

03-16-2023, 12:15 PM   #1
LowOnCash
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW I8 - I3 - I4

Excessive Road Noise From Rear I-4 /40

Hey guys - I noticed on my very first test drive our I4 /40 generates excessive road noise just in the rear, the front is dead silent.

While the noise can be heard anywhere in the cabin, it most noticeable sitting in the passenger seat coming from the left rear. I've owned dozes of EV's with low profile tires and never heard road noise to this level. Aside from being audible, if you place your hand on a hard surface sides of console or even the dash you can actually feel the vibration change with the noise level. While the Pirelli P Zero 19" tires are somewhat low profile, they should not generate this much noise. Has anyone else noticed this excessive problem.

Coming from "Old School" it almost sounds like a bad wheel bearing. The best way to describe the noise is it’s almost as if the motor was touching the floorboard transmitting the road noise direct to the body.

Thanks in Advance - Mike
Appreciate 0