home
Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

09-15-2021, 02:12 PM   #1
bimmermann88
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW g05

Valvetronic midpipe install locations

When I get my break in service done at the dealer do you think they will install a valvetronic mid pipe for me without flagging it or voiding any part of the maintenance/parts warranty on it or will I have to go to an exhaust shop for that? I don't mind paying extra for the install at the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 06:15 PM   #2
G80SWFL
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 bmw m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermann88 View Post
When I get my break in service done at the dealer do you think they will install a valvetronic mid pipe for me without flagging it or voiding any part of the maintenance/parts warranty on it or will I have to go to an exhaust shop for that? I don't mind paying extra for the install at the dealer.
A mid pipe won't void your warranty. Just have an exhaust shop do it. I doubt bmw will do it. And if they do they will charge a lot lol
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2021, 09:31 AM   #3
Soylent
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4C

Where are you? Won't happen at an exhaust shop in California as it removes the secondary cats. Very easy to do yourself. But I get it, extra tools and the hassle.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 09:32 AM   #4
bimmermann88
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW g05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soylent View Post
Where are you? Won't happen at an exhaust shop in California as it removes the secondary cats. Very easy to do yourself. But I get it, extra tools and the hassle.
Ny
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 10:15 AM   #5
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermann88 View Post
Quote:
Ny
If you're near queens, try the Stance Shop. Keith there looks after a lot of M3/M4/M5. He does a lot of down pipes and lowering kits etc. I'll be getting him to fit mine. Very reasonable rates
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 01:42 PM   #6
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

Quote:
What have you used for lifting the car? Thinking through getting a quikjack, but it's not super cheap, so also thinking if it's easier to do it with jack stands or a drive on ramp or something
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 10:31 AM   #7
Soylent
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
What have you used for lifting the car? Thinking through getting a quikjack, but it's not super cheap, so also thinking if it's easier to do it with jack stands or a drive on ramp or something
I used a QuickJack. I love it. So easy to use. I bought the BL5000-xl. This works great for our Focus RS and the STI and also fits mustangs and C8. BUT the lift pads for the M4 were too far apart, even with their extension (didn't buy this). So I bought two lengths of stainless 1x3 square tubing and placed that on top. Worked great. Will probably have a local weld fab some proper extensions similar to the QuickJack. The 7000xl jack may work. Just measure the distance of the inside and outside edges of the pads (somewhere around 68-73 inches) and give them a call. Overall I'm very happy with it, even with the modification I had to do.
Appreciate 0