home
Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

07-07-2021, 08:19 PM   #1
Wamion117
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G82 M4C

Coding exhaust valve open?

I don't want to unplug the valves, this is my first performance car and im car broke because of it lmao so I can't risk voiding a warranty or breaking something

I want to use BimmerLink but I don't think it can code the exhaust valve open (I don't even mind if I have to manually do it with my phone everytime I get into the car)

I know valve controllers exist but they are expensive and also tamper with the hardware of the car (installing extra components to already existing mechanisms)

Any insights, advice, or recommendations? This car is too quiet!!

Last edited by Wamion117; 07-07-2021 at 09:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2021, 04:59 PM   #2
vetteflier
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 Competition

Having the exhaust valves open at all time will 'absolutely not' void your warranty, and any part of the exhaust behind the cats which is changed won't either. I don't think anyone will have to worry about local "noise" violations, no matter what they do. And the price is right: zero. Of course, your choice, but the valves open at all times definitely improves the exhaust note. The only downside is some want the exhaust quieter at times. I think it's too quiet with the valves fully open.
Appreciate 1