ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-06-2018, 01:16 PM   #1
Z4JAC
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 Coupe 3.0Si

What should my car sell for?

Very general question, but I figured this would be the best place to ask anyway.
I need to sell my 2007 3.0si coupe in Monaco blue, auto trans, tan interior. The car currently has 63K miles on it.

In the last 12 months, I did the following:
oil pan gasket
valve cover gasket
Koni adjustables in the rear
drilled rotors and pads
19" CSL reps (**********s.com) and new Hankook tires
Swapped beige carpet to black
new control arms with polyurethane bushings
new tie rods
new brushed aluminum center console
Bimmian shifter
New OEM floormats

Here is the kicker; the vehicle has a rebuilt title. I have a bunch of photos from the insurance auction and the airbags or body was not damaged. It looked like the car may have jumped a curb because the knuckle which holds the rotor, caliper, and shock was blown out. Not that it matters because it's still rebuilt, but the vehicle was not involved in a collision. The car runs great and smooth, I was very adamant about preventative maintenance as well as aesthetics. So, how much do you think it's worth for a private sale?
Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 03:39 PM   #2
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Doesn't matter that the incident that caused the salvage was "minor." You're beholden to the title.

I think you get lucky if you sell it for $8,000. I'd pay maybe $6,000 due to the title. No offense.

Your best bet would be to find a local club racer and convince them that this would be a fantastic chassis to run in J Prepared, because it IS. Maybe they'll hand over $10,000 for it because it IS perfect to turn into a race car due to the salvage title and minimal damage, and it would be competitive in J Prepared or J Stock in BMW CCA.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0