ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-02-2022, 12:07 PM   #23
skyline408
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 2022 F95 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye980 View Post
I am going to be trying out the adams advanced graphene coating. Although, my x5 is done with the Kamakazi coating, i have a 23 lincoln aviator grand touring on order for the wife and was thinking of trying graphene for the water spotting benefit.

so im going to test it out on her fathers car. he has a 3 year old silver infiniti sedan that he leaves outside and never washes it. so im sure it needs plenty of work. going to do a full wash, polish and coat it. will see how it turns out.
I did a DYI of the Adams Graphene kit on my car a few months ago and it's been holding up well. I have not done a 'real' wash on the car since the coating. I do however rinse the car with high pressure water and use a leaf blower to dry once a week. I have not physically touched the paint since the coating. It still beads water well.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      05-02-2022, 02:51 PM   #24
tgseaver
Private
Rep
Drives: x5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline408 View Post
I did a DYI of the Adams Graphene kit on my car a few months ago and it's been holding up well. I have not done a 'real' wash on the car since the coating. I do however rinse the car with high pressure water and use a leaf blower to dry once a week. I have not physically touched the paint since the coating. It still beads water well.
Which Adams graphene kit did you use?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 03:02 PM   #25
skyline408
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgseaver View Post
Which Adams graphene kit did you use?
I used this and applied it using their microfiber pad.

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/ceramics-graphene-master/products/graphene-ceramic-spray-coating%E2%84%A2

Waited til I saw the rainbow effect and buffed it off. It was quite a bit of work, but holding up well. As mentioned before that wad the first and only time I ever touched the paint. I've had the car since 11/2021 and 4k miles.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 12:35 PM   #26
skyline408
Major
Rep

Here is my 3-month update on the Adams Graphene coating.

I applied the coating 3-months ago, and the car sits outside 100% of the time. It has been driven in the rain, and I put about 2,000 miles since the coating was done.

Since then, I have NOT physically touched the paint. Once a week, I spray it off with high-pressure water, and use a leaf blower to dry the car. It literally takes me under 10-minutes to do this. The only towels that touch the car is I use towels to wipe the windows. That's it.

I just hosed off my car today and this is what it looks like everytime.

The color is black sapphire metallic which IMO is the toughest color to take care of.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
1Mors436.50
Tch-Nrd124.50
      05-06-2022, 02:09 PM   #27
schandok
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 s40i

looks nice.
Can you share your experience on applying the coating?
Also, which leaf blower are you using?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 02:22 PM   #28
skyline408
Major
Rep

The hardest part is making sure the paint is clean and free of swirls first. My paint was in decent shape, so I just did a detailed hand wash first. I then sprayed the graphene coating on a Suede micro fiber pad and wiped one panel at a time. The paint will have a rainbow effect when dried. I then used new and high quality microfiber clothes to buff off. Its really not much different than waxing a car, but I took my time.

For the leafblower, I use. Greenworks pro 60v that blows 600cfm
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 06:26 PM   #29
1Mors
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 xdrive40i msport

Garage List
Any ceramic coating including graphene which is just infused into the regular ceramic coatings requires prep. Paint prep is the key to not only looks but longevity because the coating will not stick or embed itself as intended if it's not completely free of toxins and a flat clean clear coat.

The above ride looks great
Appreciate 1
skyline4081573.50
      05-15-2022, 10:55 AM   #30
alexcus2man
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 X5 M50i

I just ordered the Adam's graphene bundled set of products after reading reviews and watching some videos. I am also looking forward to trying their graphene tire shine.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 03:20 PM   #31
nordring
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e28 M5, e34 540 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
You have a good set of stuff! I think you might be surprised at how easy some of this is / can be unless you don't want it to be.

For example, IMO, there's zero need for a foam cannon - they don't do a lot and they're really only there for fun. I mean blasting foam onto your car IS super fun, but it can also be a lot of expense, it's kind of a mess, it does require a bunch of hassle, and ultimately all it's for is fun. Once you've done it a few times, at least for me, it's .

As an example, here's a process you could use that's ULTRA safe and quite effective, and also fast & easy IF YOU DO IT WEEKLY:

(1.) Spray off your car to remove loose dirt
Just a hose is fine or power sprayer if you have one / have it out
If your car is pretty clean you can skip this step

OPTIONAL for filth
If your car is super dirty OR been driven in rain for a few days, spray it down with 4:1 Road Warrior (super cheap, buy it at O'Reillys, but gotta order it). Panel by panel, spray on, let it dwell for 1-5 min, then spray off (don't let it dry). You can dilute up & down to adjust for dirt levels. I use a Marolex sprayer, but you could use an iK or a Kwazar double-action sprayer or just a home depot zep sprayer. BTW, if you use a Marolex foamer it's basically a foam cannon effect without the hassle. I don't need the foam so I usually just use the sprayer.

(2.) Blow your car dry
If you have a blower, use it now! If you want to be baller get an Ego battery-powered blower. The new 765 is coming out in a few weeks This will also help remove loose dirt, but mostly it's to blow the water out of all the nooks & crannies so it doesn't drip out later.

(3.) Rinseless Wash
Mix a double or triple strength McKee's 37 in 1/2 a bucket (ideally use de-ionized water from Whole Foods) & toss in your waffle weaves. Take one out, very light wring out so its still dripping, fold it in 4ths. Also fill a sprayer with the McKee's solution and spray a panel, then wash one panel at a time (lightly pull in a single direction, say right-to-left). You should be able to do 8 panels with each one (count the hood, tailgate, roof as 2 or 3 panels each).

(4.) Combo dry & coat
After you do one panel, take a dry TRC Pearl folded in 1/4s, give it a spray of TWFW, and wipe the panel, being careful to evenly coat and watching for "high spots". When you get those, use a damp TRC Pearl to smooth them out.

You'll be stunned at how clean, shiny, and slick your car is

I offer that purely as a way to safely, quickly & easily clean your whole car without having to get out lots of buckets, hoses, etc. That stuff can be fun, but it usually ends up being work and then you slow down on doing it regularly. If you take most of the hassle, tools, & time out of the process it stays easy & fun - just my 2 cents.
kick-starting an old thread.....if someone wanted to follow this weekly cleaning program, what product would you suggest for an initial base coat on a brand new (unwaxed) vehicle?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 06:02 PM   #32
malvern_man
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordring View Post
kick-starting an old thread.....if someone wanted to follow this weekly cleaning program, what product would you suggest for an initial base coat on a brand new (unwaxed) vehicle?
An initial base coat...a professionally applied ceramic coating.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 10:59 PM   #33
nordring
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e28 M5, e34 540 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvern_man View Post
An initial base coat...a professionally applied ceramic coating.
hopefully GrussGott will chime in, but I think his comment was that there is really no need for an expensive professionally applied ceramic coating if you use his weekly wash method listed above.
Appreciate 0