ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-22-2021, 11:55 AM   #1
A6bullet
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i Msport

Post Help: Windshield and side windows chipped

Recently washed the car and found that the windshield and all of the side windows are just riddled with small rock chips. I thought it was just dirty but no, they are legit chips.

I was expecting them on the windshield but not on the sides.. I can post pics if you guys need.

Is there a way to get rid of them or minimize them?
F87 M2

G20 330i
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 07:27 PM   #2
gavinwong
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e M Sport

Garage List
2020 G20 330e  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by A6bullet View Post
Recently washed the car and found that the windshield and all of the side windows are just riddled with small rock chips. I thought it was just dirty but no, they are legit chips.

I was expecting them on the windshield but not on the sides.. I can post pics if you guys need.

Similar situation, washed the car recently and found 3 small chips in the windscreen.
Car glass companies ( car glass or autoglass) can repair small chips ( they say smaller than a 2 euro coin) using a fluid. BMW can do it using the same techniques. Last thing you want is water getting in, and then a frost causing the chip to expand and potentially crack the windscreen. Mine is being done by bmw on Friday.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 02:43 PM   #3
A6bullet
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinwong View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A6bullet View Post

Similar situation, washed the car recently and found 3 small chips in the windscreen.
Car glass companies ( car glass or autoglass) can repair small chips ( they say smaller than a 2 euro coin) using a fluid. BMW can do it using the same techniques. Last thing you want is water getting in, and then a frost causing the chip to expand and potentially crack the windscreen. Mine is being done by bmw on Friday.
Ah I see. Thankfully mine are not super visible. But there are many of them all over the windshield and the side windows as well. I guess they are chips but not really full on chips with cracks and deep damage.
F87 M2

G20 330i
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 05:37 PM   #4
RRoccoT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 2022 M440i Gran Coupe

Windshield chips....that's what comprehensive coverage is for. Put in the claim. Comp claims are non-chargeable, ie., won't affect your insurance rates.
Appreciate 0