ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
Dalecan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Aston V8VS, F85 X5M, TVR, 128i

iPod interface

I thought I would share this issue as it might help others.

I have a Dice Silverline Duo installed on my MC. It has worked flawless since I've owned the car(almost a year). However, on my road trip to Vegas I used my aux in for something. After that the dice iPod interface would not work, it would not even be an option on the stereo.

After much Internet searching I could not find a solution. Then I just looked for loose connections etc. it was installed exactly as per the manufacturers you tube video. Everything was in place. I even tried resetting it as per the instructions. Still not working.

Then I decided to just unplug it from the CD cables in the trunk. I plugged it all together and presto.....it worked.

Hopefully this might help some of you with issues like this.

Happy days.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
elerner61
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4M Roadster

Over the past two years that I've had my Silverline Duo installed I've had to do a full disconnect/reset about 2 times a year. This has been because every once in a while, the sound quality via the unit when fed from my iDevice just takes a nosedive. A quick hard reset via a disconnect and all is good again.

For what it cost, I'm very happy with the Duo's performance, just don't make it too hard to access when you install it
Appreciate 0