ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-04-2023, 11:40 AM   #199
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
54692
Rep
17,977
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
From what we have seen today ?
That would be a miracle .

Ferrari can't beat the Merc's like this ...
BINO was the right man for Ferrari !

Don't see NYG anymore .Hope he's OK ...
Same here but he may be on holiday somewhere.
Appreciate 3
GuidoK9760.50
DrFerry6119.00
      06-04-2023, 11:40 AM   #200
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Killed by Death's Avatar
11199
Rep
3,227
Posts

Drives: '23 X3 M40i
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
For KbD's sake they should get him back, Bino has turned down an offer from Alpine.
Bino is better than Fred but I'll pass on taking him back. He just isn't TP material. Time for some new blood.
Appreciate 4
M5Rick54692.00
GuidoK9760.50
DrFerry6119.00
      06-04-2023, 11:45 AM   #201
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
60279
Rep
23,848
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Bino is better than Fred but I'll pass on taking him back. He just isn't TP material. Time for some new blood.
Sure . But who do you have in mind ?
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick54692.00
GuidoK9760.50
DrFerry6119.00
      06-04-2023, 11:49 AM   #202
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
54692
Rep
17,977
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Bino is better than Fred but I'll pass on taking him back. He just isn't TP material. Time for some new blood.
The thing is someone new will come in and it'll get even worse, such is the Ferrari way coming from 1950, with the traditions and with the way things are done there it's best to stick with Bino who at least was trying but the strat was garbage, I'm even taking my Ferrari F1 polo out to support them in two weeks (with my RB hat on top of course
Appreciate 3
GuidoK9760.50
DrFerry6119.00
      06-04-2023, 12:08 PM   #203
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
27172
Rep
12,823
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 Competition
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxik View Post
max is telling knock knock jokes on radio out of boredom apparently
Name:  Max_KnockKnock.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  154.6 KB
__________________
///M is art Artemis
Appreciate 5
toxik2017.00
GuidoK9760.50
M5Rick54692.00
DrFerry6119.00
      06-04-2023, 12:11 PM   #204
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
27172
Rep
12,823
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 Competition
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
40 victories for MAX !!!

It took him less years in F1 than Prost to reach that milestone:

Name:  Prost_40.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  108.3 KB

Only 1 race win away to equal Senna's total number of race wins:

Name:  F1_Total_Wins.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  262.8 KB
__________________
///M is art Artemis
Appreciate 5
EdM53738.00
M5Rick54692.00
GuidoK9760.50
DrFerry6119.00
      06-04-2023, 12:21 PM   #205
EdM5
Colonel
EdM5's Avatar
Netherlands
3738
Rep
2,064
Posts

Drives: G26 i4 M50 & E70 X5 Xdrive35d
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
It took him less years in F1 than Alain Prost to reach that milestone.
Thanks for sharing!

Just look at that win % of Jim Clark and it's easy to understand why many consider him to be the best ever.

Obviously no one of us saw him actually race, the 60s are a long time ago.
__________________
2004 e87 118d (ret.), 2007 e92 330d (ret.), 2007 e87 130i M-sport (ret.), 2009 e92 M3 (ret.), 2010 f10 535d M-sport (ret.), 2015 f10 M5 CP (ret.), 2017 f82 M4 CP (ret.)
2022 g26 i4 M50 & 2009 e70 X5 35d
Appreciate 5
Artemis27172.00
GuidoK9760.50
M5Rick54692.00
DrFerry6119.00
      06-04-2023, 12:30 PM   #206
EdM5
Colonel
EdM5's Avatar
Netherlands
3738
Rep
2,064
Posts

Drives: G26 i4 M50 & E70 X5 Xdrive35d
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
More bad news for Charlie and Ferrari !

Charlie got a 15 P grid penalty for the Canadian GP ..
Because he got a new Ferrari PU + the ES and CE have been replaced ..

ES = Energy Store
CE = Control Electronics

The Ferrari curse goes on and on !
I am getting really worried that Ferrari is completely destroying Charly. Today's race was an absolute disaster for him.

A showdown Max-Charly, just like Senna-Prost, Schumacher-Hakkinen or Niki-James before, is what F1 needs.
I believe only Leclerc could seriously challenge Max. Lewis and Fernando are too old and Lando and Russell are just not good enough.

I am Dutch so obviously enjoy the Max era but I also think it's getting boring.
__________________
2004 e87 118d (ret.), 2007 e92 330d (ret.), 2007 e87 130i M-sport (ret.), 2009 e92 M3 (ret.), 2010 f10 535d M-sport (ret.), 2015 f10 M5 CP (ret.), 2017 f82 M4 CP (ret.)
2022 g26 i4 M50 & 2009 e70 X5 35d
Appreciate 5
GuidoK9760.50
M5Rick54692.00
DrFerry6119.00
      06-04-2023, 12:40 PM   #207
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
54692
Rep
17,977
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
More bad news for Charlie and Ferrari !

Charlie got a 15 P grid penalty for the Canadian GP ..
Because he got a new Ferrari PU + the ES and CE have been replaced ..

ES = Energy Store
CE = Control Electronics

The Ferrari curse goes on and on !
So it's just the electrics and not even the PU, Fia making it up as they go along, this should have all be cancelled out today as he started from the pit lane.
Appreciate 4
      06-04-2023, 12:50 PM   #208
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
3798j's Avatar
10270
Rep
1,693
Posts

Drives: E86 3.0si
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Susquehanna Valley

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [9.00]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post
Thanks for sharing!

Just look at that win % of Jim Clark and it's easy to understand why many consider him to be the best ever.

Obviously no one of us saw him actually race, the 60s are a long time ago.
LOL...I (and two friends) saw him race in the '65, '66, and '67 United States Grand Prix's. He dnf'd in '65 but had already clinched the WDC (and won that year's Indy 500)...he then won both the '66 and '67 races. We were in awe of his skill.
Appreciate 3
EdM53738.00
Artemis27172.00
GuidoK9760.50
      06-04-2023, 01:01 PM   #209
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
60279
Rep
23,848
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
So it's just the electrics and not even the PU, Fia making it up as they go along, this should have all be cancelled out today as he started from the pit lane.
Indeed I'm wrong . It was a 2022 article .Probably I was going too fast...

Sorry for that my friend...
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick54692.00
GuidoK9760.50
DrFerry6119.00
      06-04-2023, 01:03 PM   #210
NickyC
Lieutenant General
NickyC's Avatar
16623
Rep
10,310
Posts

Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jacked out of my mind

iTrader: (23)

Decent race, not surprising to see Max absolutely blow it out.

Was Alonso so slow today due to the damage caused by the gravel trap excursion during qualifying? I'm not familiar with the regs, but if damaged I guess the team can't fix the car before the race unless they take a bunch of grid spot penalties?

Hopefully, would hate to see Aston start slipping back after the great start to the year. :/
Appreciate 1
GuidoK9760.50
      06-04-2023, 01:30 PM   #211
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
54692
Rep
17,977
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Decent race, not surprising to see Max absolutely blow it out.

Was Alonso so slow today due to the damage caused by the gravel trap excursion during qualifying? I'm not familiar with the regs, but if damaged I guess the team can't fix the car before the race unless they take a bunch of grid spot penalties?

Hopefully, would hate to see Aston start slipping back after the great start to the year. :/
Only minor adjustments are allowed like damaged front wings and floors can be taped up, also some other things with stewards' permission.
Appreciate 4
GuidoK9760.50
NickyC16623.00
DrFerry6119.00
      06-04-2023, 01:32 PM   #212
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Killed by Death's Avatar
11199
Rep
3,227
Posts

Drives: '23 X3 M40i
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Sure . But who do you have in mind ?
How bout some old blood
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 4
GuidoK9760.50
M5Rick54692.00
DrFerry6119.00
      06-04-2023, 01:43 PM   #213
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
54692
Rep
17,977
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
How bout some old blood
I honestly don't think he would work in Ferrari, like with what happened at Singapore '08 the management wouldn't want to carry that can.
Appreciate 3
GuidoK9760.50
DrFerry6119.00
      06-04-2023, 01:44 PM   #214
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
60279
Rep
23,848
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
How bout some old blood
Awesome ! It looks like he can do it ...

#FlavioBriatore
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 4
M5Rick54692.00
GuidoK9760.50
DrFerry6119.00
      06-04-2023, 01:47 PM   #215
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
54692
Rep
17,977
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

^ Oh no problem with chatting up the birds
Appreciate 4
      06-04-2023, 01:58 PM   #216
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
60279
Rep
23,848
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post
I am getting really worried that Ferrari is completely destroying Charly. Today's race was an absolute disaster for him.

A showdown Max-Charly, just like Senna-Prost, Schumacher-Hakkinen or Niki-James before, is what F1 needs.
I believe only Leclerc could seriously challenge Max. Lewis and Fernando are too old and Lando and Russell are just not good enough.

I am Dutch so obviously enjoy the Max era but I also think it's getting boring.
Boring ?

Just wait because Mercedes improved a lot with the Red Bull sidepods . Today the Mercedes race pace was very strong as well .
It won't take 3 races before we can see a fight from MAX vs the Mercs in the front .

Soon , The good old days are back !

But they won't beat MAX
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 4
M5Rick54692.00
EdM53738.00
GuidoK9760.50
DrFerry6119.00
      06-04-2023, 02:13 PM   #217
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
54692
Rep
17,977
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

^ Agree that Merc can try but they can't make up the 24 seconds that Max had at the finish, every time they get a bit nearer then RB can stay the same until it's time to increase.
At a certain speed the 14 was hopping a bit again also and HAM has said it's not enough whatever they do as much as Brackley tries.
link
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formu...ilton-30134194
Appreciate 4
GuidoK9760.50
DrFerry6119.00
      06-04-2023, 02:24 PM   #218
TTM0TION
Second Lieutenant
United_States
403
Rep
288
Posts

Drives: 2018 Grigio Telesto ZCP
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: LI, New York

iTrader: (0)

Iím very easily amused by f1 but that was awful. Lol. Perhaps the biggest snooze in a while. And again, I havenít felt that in a while as easily amused.
Appreciate 1
EdM53738.00
      06-04-2023, 02:35 PM   #219
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
60279
Rep
23,848
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
^ Agree that Merc can try but they can't make up the 24 seconds that Max had at the finish, every time they get a bit nearer then RB can stay the same until it's time to increase.
At a certain speed the 14 was hopping a bit again also and HAM has said it's not enough whatever they do as much as Brackley tries.
link
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formu...ilton-30134194
Sure . That's why they said to MAX in the last 10 laps : Just bring it home MAX.
The last lap that MAX was pushing hard was his lap of the fastest lap ...

MAX was saving his HONDA PU in the last 10 laps of the race .

His 3rd world title in a row is already in sight !
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick54692.00
GuidoK9760.50
DrFerry6119.00
      06-04-2023, 02:50 PM   #220
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
54692
Rep
17,977
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Sure . That's why they said to MAX in the last 10 laps : Just bring it home MAX.
The last lap that MAX was pushing hard was his lap of the fastest lap ...

MAX was saving his HONDA PU in the last 10 laps of the race .

His 3rd world title in a row is already in sight !
It doesn't look any other way and as I said before Checo can't live with Max and also the Mercs took tired Checo because of his poor quali and the subsequent positioning he was in. Surely it's clear now he has to back Max up after seven Gp's.
Appreciate 3
GuidoK9760.50
DrFerry6119.00
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 AM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST