ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
View Poll Results: Will Donald Trump be Impeached or will this blowback on Biden
Orange Trump bad. Trump gone. 84 32.43%
Trump Trump-umphant. 88 33.98%
Inclusive 18 6.95%
Biden C4'd to oblivion. 75 28.96%
Biden grows in strength and gets shot in the arm for nomination. 10 3.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 259. You may not vote on this poll

01-24-2020, 01:50 AM   #6051
D22M2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not a real M Car

The captain is going to pop a blood vessel in a few weeks. Lol
Appreciate 2
Torgus2348.00

01-24-2020, 07:24 AM   #6052
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Giuliani was on the tube earlier and showed some of his cards in hand. Sure sounds like a bunch of very incriminating evidence about Ukraine, Biden’s, Ukrainian Embassy and much more. Rudy’s been a very busy guy working hard gathering evidence and he’s been sitting on it till just the right time, that time has come. Today at noon on his podcast he’ll be revealing some of it to Americans.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2020, 07:34 AM   #6053
floridaorange
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbahubba View Post
I was a lobbyist in 9 states and Washington, DC

I couldn't imagine the lens through which a lobbyist see's our system. My cousin is one and I get what you are saying I do.

But that doesn't mean our gov't is all corrupt or the men and women serving ALL have corrupt hearts, there are plenty who are good people.

When you hold PUBLIC office on a national scale you are already successful to some degree usually... and you absolutely do rub elbows with other successful business men and women who will want you to be a part of their company, via consulting or being in their board, but that still doesn't make them corrupt.

Lobbyists have to do a fair amount of shmoozing I get it... Did you take your constituents to Burger King? No of course not.
If after your lobbying career you were offered $20,000 for speaking engagements, why wouldn't you?

01-24-2020, 07:39 AM   #6054
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Giuliani was on the tube earlier and showed some of his cards in hand. Sure sounds like a bunch of very incriminating evidence about Ukraine, Biden’s, Ukrainian Embassy and much more. Rudy’s been a very busy guy working hard gathering evidence and he’s been sitting on it till just the right time, that time has come. Today at noon on his podcast he’ll be revealing some of it to Americans.

This like the pieces of paper he was waving around as "affidavits" back in the fall, yet wouldn't let anyone look at?

Rudy has, sadly, turned into a clown. How the mighty have fallen.

I'll believe Rudy actually has something when it's out there for all to see and not a second before.

Last edited by hooligan_COLD; 01-24-2020 at 07:47 AM..
Appreciate 3
detroitm21460.00
minn197035.50

01-24-2020, 08:30 AM   #6055
detroitm2
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post

I'll believe Rudy actually has something when it's out there for all to see and not a second before.
I agree here. Like a lot of folks in Washington right now (on both sides), he's been nothing but a puppet.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2020, 08:45 AM   #6056
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

IF what he releases today has some teeth it could signal an upcoming avalanche.
IF what he releases today is akin to a toothless person trying to eat raw corn off the cob, then I will be disappointed and 'may' concede to his informations weight and my prediction.

It could be a tease that seems harmless until you lean back for a day or so and see who does and doesn't do what.

Entertaining though.
      01-24-2020, 08:54 AM   #6057
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by D22M2 View Post
The captain is going to pop a blood vessel in a few weeks. Lol
So you're OK with a senator not paying attention during an impeachment trial, calling a veteran "unpatriotic", and reading an alt right book during the proceedings?

Shame on you!
      01-24-2020, 09:02 AM   #6058
detroitm2
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
So you're OK with a senator not paying attention during an impeachment trial, calling a veteran "unpatriotic", and reading an alt right book during the proceedings?

Shame on you!
Why is everything you do not agree with "alt-right". I dont think you understand what that means.
Appreciate 6
Torgus2348.00
MKSixer24549.50
SakhirM410284.50
bd307878.00
Poiseuille4478.00

01-24-2020, 09:14 AM   #6059
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Or, he's going to corn-hole Biden
Trump hugging Governor Abbott in Davos and asking him if he wanted a ride back on Air Force One...

Sending out the Roadrunner Schiff parody...

Tweeting a pic of Obama spying...

He's in a really good mood...

These want to tell me he knows this cornholio exercise is near.
I could definitely be wrong but I'm leaning right.
      01-24-2020, 09:21 AM   #6060
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Have you ran for office? Have you been an elected official? Being an elected official is anything but easy, it's a thankless role - and frankly very few ppl have what it takes to do it at all let alone well. To suggest they are all corrupt is categorically false.

Our system isn't perfect and yes the politicians have to be money making campaign finance machines in order to be elected or re-elected - but that doesn't make them all corrupt sorry.

Most ppl don't even know Senators, congressmen or even local elected officials personally. I've been fortunate to know several national and statewide politicians and the ones I know are trying to positively impact or country and city.

The internet and the trolls in other countries want nothing more than to sow dissent in America making is mistrust our system and our govt.

/tangent
Yes, in local gov and yes it does suck. no matter what you do, you are doing it wrong to someone. thought it was something i wanted to do for a long time and maybe work my way up the chain, but nope, fuck that.

The second bolded/italicized item is the key here. Countries like Russia have had the objective to topple western democracy for forever. This latest election cycle is proof of that. Starting up internet troll campaigns for Hillary in the primaries, and continuing into the presidential election. IMCO, the goal was never to get Trump elected, it was to create an illusion that the election was influenced. No matter who won, their fingerprints were all over it and would cast doubt over our democratic process.

That is how you take down a super power. You dont do it with missiles and bombs and traditional warfare, you do it from the inside with division, doubt and scandal.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 5
      01-24-2020, 09:33 AM   #6061
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
I couldn't imagine the lens through which a lobbyist see's our system. My cousin is one and I get what you are saying I do.

But that doesn't mean our gov't is all corrupt or the men and women serving ALL have corrupt hearts, there are plenty who are good people.

When you hold PUBLIC office on a national scale you are already successful to some degree usually... and you absolutely do rub elbows with other successful business men and women who will want you to be a part of their company, via consulting or being in their board, but that still doesn't make them corrupt.

Lobbyists have to do a fair amount of shmoozing I get it... Did you take your constituents to Burger King? No of course not.
If after your lobbying career you were offered $20,000 for speaking engagements, why wouldn't you?
Thanks for a reasonable response to this.

I'm not saying that all of the representatives and senators are corrupt. I'm saying the system is and they quite often just get swept along in the tide rather than sticking up their heads and getting decapitated. Look at what happened to the democrat, black, female representative who said, of her own volition that perhaps we should censure Mr. Trump rather than impeach him. In less than 24 hours she recanted her statement and said that she if fully supporting Speaker Pelosi in the impeachment proceedings, etc.

What do you think happened in that 24 hour period? Let me tell you. They put the arm on her and either the DNC called her or the Speaker called her and told her the following or something very similar:

Toe the line or we will not only withhold funds from you for your next campaign, we will run someone against you in YOUR SEAT thus ejecting you from the House.

At this point she stopped representing her constituency and became a party apparatchik. Please keep in mind that this only happens on days that end in Y in the house. They wanted complete obedience in this farce and they got it through blackmail.

This is why I don't lobby and why I've turned down running for office in 3 of the states that I've lived in. I would never put my family through it and could never allow myself to become a political tool.

Cheers-mk

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 1
SakhirM410284.50

01-24-2020, 09:36 AM   #6062
floridaorange
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Yes, in local gov and yes it does suck. no matter what you do, you are doing it wrong to someone. thought it was something i wanted to do for a long time and maybe work my way up the chain, but nope, fuck that.

The second bolded/italicized item is the key here. Countries like Russia have had the objective to topple western democracy for forever. This latest election cycle is proof of that. Starting up internet troll campaigns for Hillary in the primaries, and continuing into the presidential election. IMCO, the goal was never to get Trump elected, it was to create an illusion that the election was influenced. No matter who won, their fingerprints were all over it and would cast doubt over our democratic process.

That is how you take down a super power. You dont do it with missiles and bombs and traditional warfare, you do it from the inside with division, doubt and scandal.
First of all thank you for running for office - actually taking action - for positive change - I sincerely commend you. It's a lot harder than most people realize.

Secondly thank you for articulating the goals of our foreign adversaries as it relates to are democracy and I think you may well be 100% correct.

I hope we make it through all of this - coming together - and honestly leading with love, not fear, not greed, but by the better angels of our nature.
JasonCSU600.50

01-24-2020, 09:46 AM   #6063
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
First of all thank you for running for office - actually taking action - for positive change - I sincerely commend you. It's a lot harder than most people realize.

Secondly thank you for articulating the goals of our foreign adversaries as it relates to are democracy and I think you may well be 100% correct.

I hope we make it through all of this - coming together - and honestly leading with love, not fear, not greed, but by the better angels of our nature.
dont thank me, i did it for personal reasons lol. wanted something to change, ran on changing that thing, then got to office and found out it was next to impossible lol. There are a lot of rules and regulations that most people dont understand you have to follow and cant just do what you want.

Unfortunately, I dont see us coming together without things getting significantly worse. We are living in a "Hot Take Culture", where people say things just to go viral, even if they dont truly believe them. You do that enough, and eventually, its what you believe in and stand for, and thats where we are getting to.

We are also now an "Us vs Them" culture, where if someone doesnt fall in line with what you believe in, they are the enemy. I have personally seen debates between politicians/citizens with their own party get nasty because of it. Extreme left going after moderate left, extreme right going after moderate right, etc. It is almost like we dont have a 2 party system anymore, its a 4 party. Extremes and moderates of both sides, and no one likes the other.

Appreciate 5
MKSixer24549.50
SakhirM410284.50
JasonCSU600.50
minn197035.50

01-24-2020, 09:47 AM   #6064
floridaorange
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Quote:

I'm not saying that all of the representatives and senators are corrupt. I'm saying the system is and they quite often just get swept along in the tide rather than sticking up their heads and getting decapitated. Look at what happened to the democrat, black, female representative who said, of her own volition that perhaps we should censure Mr. Trump rather than impeach him. In less than 24 hours she recanted her statement and said that she if fully supporting Speaker Pelosi in the impeachment proceedings, etc.

What do you think happened in that 24 hour period? Let me tell you. They put the arm on her and either the DNC called her or the Speaker called her and told her the following or something very similar:

Toe the line or we will not only withhold funds from you for your next campaign, we will run someone against you in YOUR SEAT thus ejecting you from the House.

At this point she stopped representing her constituency and became a party apparatchik. Please keep in mind that this only happens on days that end in Y in the house. They wanted complete obedience in this farce and they got it through blackmail.

This is why I don't lobby and why I've turned down running for office in 3 of the states that I've lived in. I would never put my family through it and could never allow myself to become a political tool.

Cheers-mk

Well - and to your point - self funded individuals generally are seen by the public as not being beholden to party and able to act more independently - I've seen it locally and we are seeing it now nationally. But systems are still important - (and I do think they are changing) and the one we have is the one we have, for now anyway, and the rebellious types who get elected still have to work from within the constraints of the system - something this president has struggled with. And of course he has - he kinda answers to nobody - in his mind.

I don't think his intentions were wrong - but his actions I do think we're dangerous for the system we have. Without a system - as everyone reading this knows - you have chaos - and although living within our system can suck - I think most moderates would agree it's better than helter skelter.
      01-24-2020, 09:49 AM   #6065
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post

Cheers-mk
The biggest issue isnt that every politician is corrupt, its that the corrupt crave the power/money where the others dont typically. and if you arent willing to sell your morals to get more power/money, you are going to get run over.

Craving power/money isnt a bad thing, but its what levels people will stoop to keep it that the good guys just cant compete with

Appreciate 1
minn197035.50

01-24-2020, 09:58 AM   #6066
floridaorange
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
dont thank me, i did it for personal reasons lol. wanted something to change, ran on changing that thing, then got to office and found out it was next to impossible lol.
Pardon, but I'll admire those who step up to the plate if I want to.

And to the last poster - you are right to some degree - the pure hearts do get snuffed out by the more radical and better funded.

But that doesn't mean those with pure intentions give up!
      01-24-2020, 09:59 AM   #6067
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Well - and to your point - self funded individuals generally are seen by the public as not being beholden to party and able to act more independently - I've seen it locally and we are seeing it now nationally. But systems are still important - (and I do think they are changing) and the one we have is the one we have, for now anyway, and the rebellious types who get elected still have to work from within the constraints of the system - something this president has struggled with. And of course he has - he kinda answers to nobody - in his mind.

I don't think his intentions were wrong - but his actions I do think we're dangerous for the system we have. Without a system - as everyone reading this knows - you have chaos - and although living within our system can suck - I think most moderates would agree it's better than helter skelter.
The system is broken and chaotic. This is why we are in the shape we are in right now.

Mr. Trump is narcissist, bombastic, uncouth, and lacks impulse control with regard to twitter. He is the most imperfect messenger the people could have sent to the establishment. And he is exactly what they needed.

The very statement, "We can't leave this up to the people for the 2020 election" by either Speaker Pelosi or Mr. Schiff, speaking of Mr. Trump possibly winning again - should send shivers up the spine of every citizen in the country. Further, a prosecution for ANYTHING based on 3rd or 4th hand hearsay, should have us ALL in the streets of Washington. And that is EXACTLY what this is. Anyone saying anything else, regardless of party affiliation, is pretty much a fool.

Sadly, we are all remiss in our duties as citizens on this account.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 5
gjm1201524.50
SakhirM410284.50
cmyx6go4472.50
bd307878.00
Poiseuille4478.00

01-24-2020, 10:16 AM   #6068
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Bam! Sunk the nail with one hit! You sir win the internet for the decade!
Thank you, kind sir! We have to make it honorary as I don't want to taint the award since I'm the principal awarder. LOL!

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 10:17 AM   #6069
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
https://apple.news/ALPAqLPyCSWyQkxV1JaYv0A

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/ne...nt/4531125002/

The nation's four living former presidents and their wives were in the first row of the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C. Alongside were President Donald Trump and his wife. Bush's eldest son, former president George W. Bush, sat nearby with his wife and extended family.

Among the mourners was the man once known to millions as America's Mayor and now Trump's personal lawyer: Rudy Giuliani. He was accompanied by — who?

The chubby man in the dark suit was Lev Parnas, a Soviet-born businessman known to few at the time.

01-24-2020, 10:19 AM   #6070
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Remember when OJ pledged to work tirelessly for the rest of his days to find the real killer? Yeah, that's sorta how the Ukraine corruption investigation is going.

Oh, and if you are serious about fighting corruption do you work through the State Department and established diplomatic channels or send your personal lawyer?
You should re-read the Zelensky transcript. Zelensky brought up Rudy first, and trump just follow suit because he clearly already had dealings with him. He mentioned both the AG and Rudy. Not "just his personal lawyer".

EDIT: further on this, the president has the authority to assign special envoys. They can be government employee, or private citizens. They can be given a title (ambassador, for example), or not be given one at all. Senate approval is only required for official positions within the government. If he trusts Rudy, why would he not want to use him for such things? (source: https://www.justice.gov/file/20891/download)
Harry Hopkins, whose only formal training was as a Social Worker, was completely out of government before FDR made him his special envoy. Hopkins performed that function for years and during much more momentous times.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
MKSixer24549.50

01-24-2020, 10:39 AM   #6071
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [4.38]
Quote:

The nation's four living former presidents and their wives were in the first row of the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C. Alongside were President Donald Trump and his wife. Bush's eldest son, former president George W. Bush, sat nearby with his wife and extended family.

Among the mourners was the man once known to millions as America's Mayor and now Trump's personal lawyer: Rudy Giuliani. He was accompanied by — who?

The chubby man in the dark suit was Lev Parnas, a Soviet-born businessman known to few at the time.
Does two links to the same article validate it? Or do they cancel each other out?
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
2015 ///M4, SO/full black, 6MT, HK, light 19"
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 11:40 AM   #6072
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Quote:

Does two links to the same article validate it? Or do they cancel each other out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Quote:

Are you confused by non-fake news?