ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-22-2009, 09:59 AM   #45
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 z4 M Coupe

mainly sound as of now. when i get software itt will unlock the full potential for the headers. the car is smoother all the way up.
      02-22-2009, 10:02 AM   #46
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower03 View Post
mainly sound as of now. when i get software itt will unlock the full potential for the headers. the car is smoother all the way up.
forgot to mention, it sounds just like stock but deeper and louder. it has a little bit of a rasp but nothing annoying. this is how the car SHOULD have sounded out of the factory. i imagine with mufflers the car would sound sick. my plans are software to delete the ses light. and then muffler.
      02-22-2009, 06:38 PM   #47
MRulz
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
You're not right, and you're being a fool by not listening. Euro cars do have post cats, they are in the midpipes . Even if they did not it would be completely irrelevant since their coding is different, along with their tuning since they don't have close coupled cats.

Again, fucking listen cuz it's the last time I'm going to waste my time explaining this to you if you refuse to listen. The car will do EVERYTHING in it's power to try and get the cat efficiency back up. It will try pulling timing (kills power) retarding the exhaust cam (kills power) and running a point or more rich, kills power AND wastes gas as well as making it "backfire like a muther fucker" as the other guy not running a tune put it.

So just fucking listen and get as dam tune. Christ.
Good Luck mpower03. I donot know if I would put a $90 dollar header on my Z4M. If I did I would definately get a tune. o-cha I agree with you and am impressed with your knowledge.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 07:26 PM   #48
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRulz View Post
Good Luck mpower03. I donot know if I would put a $90 dollar header on my Z4M. If I did I would definately get a tune. o-cha I agree with you and am impressed with your knowledge.
i got it all figured out, everything is running okay, and i am getting a tune. there is really nothing wrong with the headers besides the fact of the front headers not being aligned properly, but after that was fixed everything was okay. as far as i am aware, they are the same design as supersprint.
      02-23-2009, 06:32 PM   #49
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep

oh i forgot to mention, after i got the car jacked up and as i started to remove everything i needed to from the bottom of the car, some kind of cap rolls onto my chest. IM like WTF is this. So i look under the hood after recognizeing the cap, and i was riding around without a cap for my steering fluid. There is no way i did this, and there is no why this just happened it self. So i have either been driving without for 2500 miles since i got my car, or for 1300 miles since my 1200 mile service. This just tells me that his had to be done by from my SA. So he went about giving me the car knowing this. He had to have known that he dropped it and that just shows me how lazy he is. I know for sure that i am not going to take my car back to this dealership, and i am not going to let my car back in a car dealership except for anything regarding warranty work.
      02-23-2009, 06:44 PM   #50
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
oh i forgot to mention, after i got the car jacked up and as i started to remove everything i needed to from the bottom of the car, some kind of cap rolls onto my chest. IM like WTF is this. So i look under the hood after recognizeing the cap, and i was riding around without a cap for my steering fluid. There is no way i did this, and there is no why this just happened it self. So i have either been driving without for 2500 miles since i got my car, or for 1300 miles since my 1200 mile service. This just tells me that his had to be done by from my SA. So he went about giving me the car knowing this. He had to have known that he dropped it and that just shows me how lazy he is. I know for sure that i am not going to take my car back to this dealership, and i am not going to let my car back in a car dealership except for anything regarding warranty work.
Lucky it wasn't the oil cap, dealers do that sometimes too. At least the power steering isn't being jetted around causing it to fly out all over your engine bay. You probably still had some fluid left.

I would say take it back and give them hell and have them flush your PS (you should do this hydraulic fluid and water don't get along well) but since you put the headers on they'll probably piss and moan.
      02-23-2009, 07:08 PM   #51
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep

yeah i was so glad that it was the steering because there isn't any pressure. See i thought that they would give me a hard time about it... i don't know. i checked the fluid and i might have lost some, but i am still in the middle of the safe spots. i think i am going to shake it off.
      02-23-2009, 07:34 PM   #52
fatmatt0116
Hooligan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S

I like the looks of the Super Sprint stepped headers and plan on getting them this summer. They certainly are pricey, but I'm going to hang on to the car for a few years and want to do it right. I'll prolly get the whole ss powerloop setup and straight pipe as well. The other setup I like is the ac schnitzer which sounds awesome. Did anybody here see the video of the ac schnitzer exhaust on their web site? Sick man.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 11:05 PM   #53
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

All this talk about headers make me think...I wonder if I could find some euro headers at a junk yard and get em for mad cheap...

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 02:17 PM   #54
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
All this talk about headers make me think...I wonder if I could find some euro headers at a junk yard and get em for mad cheap...
yeah no kidding, just look for an m3.
      02-24-2009, 03:14 PM   #55
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
yeah no kidding, just look for an m3.
///MMMMMMM If I don't do this before I leave Germany I'm an idiot.

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 03:39 PM   #56
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
///MMMMMMM If I don't do this before I leave Germany I'm an idiot.
id start my search now.
      02-26-2009, 02:10 PM   #57
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep

nevermind
2007 M Coupe w/NAV/Premium/Extended Leather, Clearbra, DICE, 4.10 BMW Motorsport Polished LSD, Active Autowerke Gen IV Headers, Supersprint Race Exhaust and X-Pipe, ESS Tuned DME, KWV3 Coilovers, Volk RE30, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Short Antenna, JL AMP, JL 10W7, Valentine V1.
Appreciate 0