ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-26-2018, 07:22 AM   #89
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
I have no opinion on the Samsung washer/dryers but do have an opinion in general. I have purchased 4 sets in my adult life. 3 of the four were top tier Maytag, Kenmore and then Whirlpool HE duets spending thousands of dollars each time. I think the duets were close to the $4,000 mark. I absolutely despise front load washing machines. The last set I bought I went the opposite direction and bought whirlpool cabrio. Top load washer which is HE and the dryer has steam. They do everything I need them to do and they do it well. I bought them as new scratch and dents and got both for $1,000. My dryer looks like someone kicked the shit out of it on one side that is against the wall. In all of this I have learned two things. 1. I will never own another front load washing machine. 2. I will never spend more than $1,000-$1,500 on a set ever again. I can't remember the last time someone came to my home and I asked them if they would like to check out my laundry room and my bad ass washer and dryer set up.
I'm with you. My game plan is use the money coming from Samsung continue to use what I have until Black Friday and go buy a new non-Samsung matching set. I'll be spending the next few weeks to do some market research on brands and user reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
I bought an LG dishwasher in about 2004. It was terrible - broke constantly, and was so bad they eventually replaced it. But not before it leaked and wrecked my hardwood floors... At that time, LG manufactured the Bosch dishwashers as well; they just decided to go out under their own brand name. And speaking of that, LG is "Lucky Goldstar" - you old timers will remember Goldstar appliances from the 70's. They coined the term "cheap shit."

I bought an LG front loading washer about the same time. It worked fine for a few years, and then started leaving strange oily stains on the clothes. I was cursing it, but found out that I was using too much detergent. On a front loader, you should only use 2-4 tablespoons of HE detergent; any more, and it clogs up the machine and the residue ends up on your clothes. These washers use 1/3 the water of a top load, so need much less.

I discovered that when you buy a front-loading washer and dryer, there are bolts you have to remove when setting them up. KEEP THE BOLTS. Put them in a baggie and tape them to the back of the machine. If you ever move it (like to another house), it's critical that you reinstall those bolts first; otherwise the drum will shake itself silly on the truck, and ruin the machine. If you lose the bolts, they are about $75/set. They usually install on the 4 corners of the back side of the machine. If buying a used front loader, ask if they have the bolts - if they don't, then you should bolt.

I now have a Miele dishwasher - it's great.
Good info! Appreciate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
I prefer washing machines with iOS... no Samsung here
I'm not at all surprised. I'm sure it will keep all your dirty laundry very secure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post
I have Samsung

Dryer – – broken heating element

Washer - same hose has broken five different times, last time I used hydraulic line; there is a plastic piece that is melted twi different times; door sensor failed

They are like bmw. Great products when they work
Luckily I haven't had a single issue with the dryer but the washer has been nothing but shite. Totally agree with them being the BMW of appliances.
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      10-26-2018, 09:18 AM   #90
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
I have no opinion on the Samsung washer/dryers but do have an opinion in general. I have purchased 4 sets in my adult life. 3 of the four were top tier Maytag, Kenmore and then Whirlpool HE duets spending thousands of dollars each time. I think the duets were close to the $4,000 mark. I absolutely despise front load washing machines. The last set I bought I went the opposite direction and bought whirlpool cabrio. Top load washer which is HE and the dryer has steam. They do everything I need them to do and they do it well. I bought them as new scratch and dents and got both for $1,000. My dryer looks like someone kicked the shit out of it on one side that is against the wall. In all of this I have learned two things. 1. I will never own another front load washing machine. 2. I will never spend more than $1,000-$1,500 on a set ever again. I can't remember the last time someone came to my home and I asked them if they would like to check out my laundry room and my bad ass washer and dryer set up.
I'm with you. My game plan is use the money coming from Samsung continue to use what I have until Black Friday and go buy a new non-Samsung matching set. I'll be spending the next few weeks to do some market research on brands and user reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
I bought an LG dishwasher in about 2004. It was terrible - broke constantly, and was so bad they eventually replaced it. But not before it leaked and wrecked my hardwood floors... At that time, LG manufactured the Bosch dishwashers as well; they just decided to go out under their own brand name. And speaking of that, LG is "Lucky Goldstar" - you old timers will remember Goldstar appliances from the 70's. They coined the term "cheap shit."

I bought an LG front loading washer about the same time. It worked fine for a few years, and then started leaving strange oily stains on the clothes. I was cursing it, but found out that I was using too much detergent. On a front loader, you should only use 2-4 tablespoons of HE detergent; any more, and it clogs up the machine and the residue ends up on your clothes. These washers use 1/3 the water of a top load, so need much less.

I discovered that when you buy a front-loading washer and dryer, there are bolts you have to remove when setting them up. KEEP THE BOLTS. Put them in a baggie and tape them to the back of the machine. If you ever move it (like to another house), it's critical that you reinstall those bolts first; otherwise the drum will shake itself silly on the truck, and ruin the machine. If you lose the bolts, they are about $75/set. They usually install on the 4 corners of the back side of the machine. If buying a used front loader, ask if they have the bolts - if they don't, then you should bolt.

I now have a Miele dishwasher - it's great.
Good info! Appreciate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
I prefer washing machines with iOS... no Samsung here
I'm not at all surprised. I'm sure it will keep all your dirty laundry very secure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post
I have Samsung

Dryer – – broken heating element

Washer - same hose has broken five different times, last time I used hydraulic line; there is a plastic piece that is melted twi different times; door sensor failed

They are like bmw. Great products when they work
Luckily I haven't had a single issue with the dryer but the washer has been nothing but shite. Totally agree with them being the BMW of appliances.
Front loader shave come a long way. I have a Maytag set thats now 8 yrs old - no probs at all, and no mold/stink. They use a lot less water and electricity
      10-26-2018, 12:04 PM   #91
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:

Late to the thread, I have not read all the posts. I hate front loaders. Just bought a house a few months ago and got Speed Queen top load washer and dryer, industrial size. When I do a load of whites I want to pour that clorox in. I'm very happy with the purchase.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      10-26-2018, 12:28 PM   #92
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Late to the thread, I have not read all the posts. I hate front loaders. Just bought a house a few months ago and got Speed Queen top load washer and dryer, industrial size. When I do a load of whites I want to pour that clorox in. I'm very happy with the purchase.
Thank you! Love the recommendations. "Speed Queen" reminds me of a girl I dated in my raving days.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15671.50
      10-29-2018, 11:21 AM   #93
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Just now heard back from Samsung customer service. Was told last Tuesday I would receive a phone call within 48 hours. Since Tuesday I have received 3 phone calls for customer surveys on my service repair experience.

They offered me a refund of $350 less than what I paid for the washing machine, which I denied. In order for them to review the refund amount I have to send them a copy of the receipt; hoping I still have it as this was purchased 6 years ago. They also requested that I cut the power cord and send them a picture. Although I can understand their point that if they are going to buy it back they want to ensure that it not being used again for recall issues; but if I cut my cord I can't do laundry until I'm able to purchase another unit.

This has, hands down, been one of the most frustrating experiences in purchasing/maintaining anything I have ever owned. That's a pretty bold statement considering I drive a BMW and have purchased 2 homes with less hassle.
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      10-29-2018, 11:35 AM   #94
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

I don't own any Samsung appliances but I have friends with them and they have nothing but problems. Washing machines and refrigerators that constantly break and have expensive repairs.

I've been happy with my GE appliances. They're pretty simple and cheap but they run forever. I have an older GE top load washer. It's not HE. Been fine for the past 10 years.
      10-29-2018, 12:31 PM   #95
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
It's not HE.
That knocking on the door, it's the Water Police.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 12:38 PM   #96
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
That knocking on the door, it's the Water Police.
Haha, my parents have been using the same Kenmore washer for the past 30 years.

Saving water is nice, but saving money is also very important. When mine goes, I'll probably change to a HE one then.
      10-29-2018, 12:41 PM   #97
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Wifey loves our front loaders. she said she doesn't have to lift or hold up the clothes when she organizes the clothes into the washer. with the front loaders she just tosses them inside in no particular fashion. also after drying it's easy for her to open the front door and just pull the clothes out and let it fall into the basket.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      10-29-2018, 01:11 PM   #98
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Wifey loves our front loaders. she said she doesn't have to lift or hold up the clothes when she organizes the clothes into the washer. with the front loaders she just tosses them inside in no particular fashion. also after drying it's easy for her to open the front door and just pull the clothes out and let it fall into the basket.
Who is the manufacturer of your front loaders?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 01:16 PM   #99
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Who is the manufacturer of your front loaders?
i posted them earlier in this thread but they're Samsungs
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      10-29-2018, 07:05 PM   #100
a4nut
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 13 135is

All you guys with stinky front loaders need to buy a washer fan. I had the same issue until a few years ago when I bought one. Dramatically reduces the stink especially if you leave it open to dry. www.washerfan.com
Appreciate 0