ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
View Poll Results: What year will VER win his first WDC in Formula One?
2021 11 12.64%
2022 3 3.45%
2023 15 17.24%
2024 1 1.15%
2025 0 0%
2026 or beyond 1 1.15%
Not happening until HAM retires... 56 64.37%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-24-2021, 05:34 PM   #485
Killed by Death
Lieutenant Colonel
Killed by Death's Avatar
United_States
3454
Rep
1,532
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
hi Philippe. as we know, essential qualities almost unique to truly epic champions are 1) timing, not only on the track and 2) an ability, often against "the common wisdom", to make the correct decision. 7ewis leaving McClaren is a perfect example, as Fernando would probably attest. i know i thought he'd lost his mind at the time...
Kinda true, anybody else think VET would have ZERO championships without Red Bull? I think he kinda started this whole ball rolling down hill. Best driver in dominate car wins the championship almost without fail. Sure hope the new 2022 regulations reverse that trend. Seeing new faces standing on the podium on a regular basis would be very cool.
__________________

Last edited by Killed by Death; 04-24-2021 at 05:52 PM..
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille4821.50
      04-24-2021, 06:11 PM   #486
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
Poiseuille's Avatar
United_States
4822
Rep
3,612
Posts

Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Princeton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
hi Philippe. as we know, essential qualities almost unique to truly epic champions are 1) timing, not only on the track and 2) an ability, often against "the common wisdom", to make the correct decision. 7ewis leaving McClaren is a perfect example, as Fernando would probably attest. i know i thought he'd lost his mind at the time...
Kinda true, anybody else think VET would have ZERO championships without Red Bull? I think he kinda started this whole ball rolling down hill. Best driver in dominate car wins the championship. Sure hope the new 2022 regulations reverse that trend. Seeing new faces standing on the podium on a regular basis would be very cool.
well i agree but sadly i'm not optimistic about the 'new' regulations. there are too many damn rules and restrictions that always result in the same thing: one team guesses right (remember Braun F1?) and everyone else is screwed because testing is verboten as is meaningful improvement. has to be the stupidest rule since the invention of the wheel: no testing. the ban on testing was allegedly aimed at reducing costs but did the opposite and yet F1 clings to it like demented pitbulls.
were it up to me i'd burn the rule book but keep the tubs (because they prevent people getting killed) then re-issue the 1978 rule book and say 'have at it lads!'. you never know what could happen. why, some screwball might show up at the first race with a six wheeled car...
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2021, 06:19 PM   #487
Killed by Death
Lieutenant Colonel
Killed by Death's Avatar
United_States
3454
Rep
1,532
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
well i agree but sadly i'm not optimistic about the 'new' regulations. there are too many damn rules and restrictions that always result in the same thing: one team guesses right (remember Braun F1?) and everyone else is screwed because testing is verboten as is meaningful improvement. has to be the stupidest rule since the invention of the wheel: no testing. the ban on testing was allegedly aimed at reducing costs but did the opposite and yet F1 clings to it like demented pitbulls.
were it up to me i'd burn the rule book but keep the tubs (because they prevent people getting killed) then re-issue the 1978 rule book and say 'have at it lads!'. you never know what could happen. why, some screwball might show up at the first race with a six wheeled car...
Yep, just think how many championships Button or Rubens would have if other teams were unable to deploy a double diffuser for years.
__________________
Appreciate 3
Poiseuille4821.50
M5Rick19798.00
      04-24-2021, 07:50 PM   #488
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
668
Rep
416
Posts

Drives: 2018 340 XDrive
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Courtice, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Next year? ret1red with only 1 credible world championship driving for McLaren.
Even if you want to discredit the other 6 wins, still 1 more than Verpst0ppen
__________________
Current: 2018 340 xDrive M-Sport Mineral Grey
Previous: 2016 328 xDrive Alpine White
Appreciate 1
MKSixer32265.50
      04-24-2021, 08:07 PM   #489
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
34274
Rep
17,823
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
hi Philippe. as we know, essential qualities almost unique to truly epic champions are 1) timing, not only on the track and 2) an ability, often against "the common wisdom", to make the correct decision. 7ewis leaving McClaren is a perfect example, as Fernando would probably attest. i know i thought he'd lost his mind at the time...
I agree my friend , but influence and politics was involved in the whole situation ..
Let us not forget HAM had always the necessary help , deals and information just on time ...
Coincidence ?

I don't think so . You know what I mean ...
For example from Lauda. Lauda knew what would come from the German Mercedes side and that Mercedes would be the right move in the coming seasons .
Lauda knew really well that Mercedes would be the ultimate advantage, regarding the Hybrid era in F1.
And that's what we saw in the last F1 Championships : "The Mercedes dominance"
"The Mercedes spaceship" in warp-speed !

Let's call it the boring era , as we know why...
In every single race : 2 silver (now black) cars running in the front, while the rest wasn't in sight .

Let's be grateful , this season It's time for a change in the front ...
Of course HAM is still there , with a lot of luck on his side ! But MAX is there as well . And this season , he'll be there for the first time with equal machinery made by HONDA !
Can't wait for more from this dog fight . As the rest of the world also thinks...
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 04-24-2021 at 08:12 PM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick19798.00
      04-24-2021, 08:12 PM   #490
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
34274
Rep
17,823
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongoxxx View Post
Even if you want to discredit the other 6 wins, still 1 more than Verpst0ppen
It won't be long anymore ...Bongo !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick19798.00
      04-24-2021, 08:17 PM   #491
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
668
Rep
416
Posts

Drives: 2018 340 XDrive
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Courtice, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
It won't be long anymore ...Bongo !
Donít count your chickens before the eggs hatch

Itís a long season my friend
__________________
Current: 2018 340 xDrive M-Sport Mineral Grey
Previous: 2016 328 xDrive Alpine White
Appreciate 1
MKSixer32265.50
      04-24-2021, 08:24 PM   #492
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
34274
Rep
17,823
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongoxxx View Post
Donít count your chickens before the eggs hatch

Itís a long season my friend
One thing I know for sure : HAM is very chicken mate !
Saw what he did under pressure from MAX . And more will come !

Yeah , as you guys said .. It's for sure , MAX can't drive in the rain !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick19798.00
      04-25-2021, 02:57 AM   #493
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
19798
Rep
9,940
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I agree my friend , but influence and politics was involved in the whole situation ..
Let us not forget HAM had always the necessary help , deals and information just on time ...
Coincidence ?

I don't think so . You know what I mean ...
For example from Lauda. Lauda knew what would come from the German Mercedes side and that Mercedes would be the right move in the coming seasons .
Lauda knew really well that Mercedes would be the ultimate advantage, regarding the Hybrid era in F1.
And that's what we saw in the last F1 Championships : "The Mercedes dominance"
"The Mercedes spaceship" in warp-speed !

Let's call it the boring era , as we know why...
In every single race : 2 silver (now black) cars running in the front, while the rest wasn't in sight .

Let's be grateful , this season It's time for a change in the front ...
Of course HAM is still there , with a lot of luck on his side ! But MAX is there as well . And this season , he'll be there for the first time with equal machinery made by HONDA !
Can't wait for more from this dog fight . As the rest of the world also thinks...
The move from McL to Merc via Merc non-exec Lauda shows many things that go beyond the realms of 'lucky' for hammy.
Appreciate 2
      04-25-2021, 03:23 AM   #494
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
19798
Rep
9,940
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
However it's denied by hammy fans Merc had a huge advantage going into the hybrid era in '14 after FIA was pressured by Merc on grounds of 'being green' with snowflake governments pushing for lower emissions.
For sure the other teams were informed it may happen couple years or so beforehand but there is proof that Merc were working on a hybrid at the time Kimi won the DC for Ferrari.
Appreciate 2
      04-25-2021, 08:51 AM   #495
Killed by Death
Lieutenant Colonel
Killed by Death's Avatar
United_States
3454
Rep
1,532
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongoxxx View Post
Even if you want to discredit the other 6 wins, still 1 more than Verpst0ppen
Like I did't see that retort coming but still...
Attached Images
 
__________________
Appreciate 2
M5Rick19798.00
      04-25-2021, 11:41 AM   #496
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
34274
Rep
17,823
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

.
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick19798.00
      04-25-2021, 11:47 AM   #497
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
19798
Rep
9,940
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
.
Coming from Reuters is a clear confirmation that should leave even the hardest detractors of Max with something to think about.
Appreciate 2
      04-25-2021, 12:11 PM   #498
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
34274
Rep
17,823
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Coming from Reuters is a clear confirmation that should leave even the hardest detractors of Max with something to think about.
Just facts ...

HAM today : Can not make more mistakes during this season . MAX will be there ...

Think HAM saw the Portugal track weather prediction with Race = 96% chance of rain !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick19798.00
      04-25-2021, 12:52 PM   #499
Bartledoo
Just Some F****** Guy
Bartledoo's Avatar
United_States
2079
Rep
2,394
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
2021 Tesla Model Y  [0.00]
2003 VW Eurovan  [0.00]
You guys could easily get off murder charges. Insane.
__________________
E90M 6MT Slicktop Single Humper in need of a diet
Appreciate 1
MKSixer32265.50
      04-25-2021, 01:36 PM   #500
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
19798
Rep
9,940
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Just facts ...

HAM today : Can not make more mistakes during this season . MAX will be there ...

Think HAM saw the Portugal track weather prediction with Race = 96% chance of rain !
Hammy's not so confident now with that jacked up back end.
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2021, 02:59 PM   #501
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
32266
Rep
11,627
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
This just gets funnier and funnier.

HAM: 7 Championships. 96 Race wins. 99 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps.
VER: 0 Championships. 11 Race wins. 4 Pole Positions. 11 Fastest Laps.

HAM: 14 seasons raced. 12 Championship battles. 7 Championships won.
VER: 6 seasons raced. 0 Championship battles. 0 Championships won.

HAM: 3 WDC team mates.
VER: 0 WDC team mates.

HAM: Consistent results over 14 seasons.
VER: The most hyped driver in the history of Formula One.

HAM: Fans calm and relaxed because he is always there.
VER: Fans shrill, bombastic and grasping at straws to keep the hype-train going. Completely ignoring reality to back their driver.

I believe this about sums up this thread and the life of a typical VER fan.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 3
      05-03-2021, 11:39 AM   #502
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
5.M0NSTER's Avatar
United_States
2801
Rep
1,733
Posts

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Back in Michigan, GO BLUE!

iTrader: (0)

I think VER fans are really a big reason I canít actually like VER.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer32265.50
      05-03-2021, 11:58 AM   #503
Killed by Death
Lieutenant Colonel
Killed by Death's Avatar
United_States
3454
Rep
1,532
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
I think VER fans are really a big reason I canít actually like VER.
There is a long list of reasons to dislike scHAM*

His fair weather fanboys are at the bottom of that list.
__________________
Appreciate 2
M5Rick19798.00
      05-03-2021, 12:03 PM   #504
Ngilbe36
Captain
Ngilbe36's Avatar
United_States
1603
Rep
880
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2019 F150
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
There is a long list of reasons to dislike scHAM*

His fair weather fanboys are at the bottom of that list.
Please explain this as I honestly have no idea what it means
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 12:05 PM   #505
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
5.M0NSTER's Avatar
United_States
2801
Rep
1,733
Posts

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Back in Michigan, GO BLUE!

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
There is a long list of reasons to dislike scHAM*

His fair weather fanboys are at the bottom of that list.
At least those fans aren't trying to force you to believe their 0 time DWC championship holder is a better driver than the 7 time world champ. Because logic.
__________________
2017 BMW M2 German Spec
6MT, Driver's Package
--> SOLD
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 1
MKSixer32265.50
      05-03-2021, 12:05 PM   #506
dbarton62
Colonel
Canada
1387
Rep
2,372
Posts

Drives: 04 3.0 6 speed VF SC
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kitchener Ontario Canada

iTrader: (2)

I doubt this user can justify that statement. He throws out veiled insults constantly.
__________________
Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting,RS4 MAF, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design, bar,3.64LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,.ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly,Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 AM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST