ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-28-2021, 05:00 PM   #397
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikado463 View Post
RM7, we are all wasting our time with 'bmwmopar' guy. For whatever reason he is completely hung up on Hp / straight-line acceleration and while I get it I also understand that there are a lot of us out there that appreciate and desire the ability to turn left and right as well.

For crying out loud, he's already making mock of the flat plane crank motor in the soon to be released ZO6 as not being able to handle boost !!! Who gives a shit !!!! that IS NOT what that car is about
I put that clown on ignore since the beginning of this thread lol

He doesn't know shit about cars. And as much as i like the FCA products, dodge cut that shit short with the hellcat with this e-muscle lineup.

Meanwhile GM snuck in an NA fucking monster making 670hp that sings like a ferrari for under 100k.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh16946.00
      12-28-2021, 05:18 PM   #398
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
I put that clown on ignore since the beginning of this thread lol

He doesn't know shit about cars. And as much as i like the FCA products, dodge cut that shit short with the hellcat with this e-muscle lineup.

Meanwhile GM snuck in an NA fucking monster making 670hp that sings like a Ferrari for under 100k.
Precisely. But "it's just marketing" as we all know. GM spent hundreds of millions to develop its halo car for marketing purposes only, not to offer customers a real sportscar (that goes around turns).

LOL
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4462.00
      12-28-2021, 06:03 PM   #399
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Precisely. But "it's just marketing" as we all know. GM spent hundreds of millions to develop its halo car for marketing purposes only, not to offer customers a real sportscar (that goes around turns).

LOL
A lot of people don't even know what a z06 is though lol. So even if it was for marketing, they chose the wrong variant to do so. GM broke the internet when they debuted the stingray in july of 2019.

The bespoke engine was the whole reason for the C8 z06 to ever exist. That engine is a fucking masterpiece when you really dissect what it is and how it functions. The volumetric efficiency, the intake manifold design, the bore size and spacing, the stroke, the LT6 is every racer's wet dream. It's a REAL legit race engine, stuffed into a road car. Unlike previous GM engines of yesterday.
Appreciate 2
Efthreeoh16946.00
      12-29-2021, 08:19 AM   #400
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
A lot of people don't even know what a z06 is though lol. So even if it was for marketing, they chose the wrong variant to do so. GM broke the internet when they debuted the stingray in july of 2019.

The bespoke engine was the whole reason for the C8 z06 to ever exist. That engine is a fucking masterpiece when you really dissect what it is and how it functions. The volumetric efficiency, the intake manifold design, the bore size and spacing, the stroke, the LT6 is every racer's wet dream. It's a REAL legit race engine, stuffed into a road car. Unlike previous GM engines of yesterday.
I've not seen a lot of C8's on the streets where I live, which is rural, where the $80K Chevrolets are coal-rollin' lifted pickups. But I had an opportunity last week to experience a C8. We were each first in our lanes at a traffic light. I was in my H3T and rolled down the window to hear the LT2. The Vette driver must have seen me lower my window and obliged with a nice launch from the light. Dammed did the LT2 sound great! It was a black LT1 I presume (it had no wing), maybe with the sport exhaust. At $60K, the base C8 is more than enough car for most anyone. The Z06 is going to be epic, either as GM's marketing ploy or even as a real sportscar.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 12-29-2021 at 10:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 10:40 AM   #401
mikado463
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 x5 35i , '67 Corvette BB,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
Thank you!!!! Yes, that's much better than the cat fights.
agreed ! sorry for contributing to the distraction......

Quote:
The Z06 is going to be epic, either as GM's marketing ploy or even as a real sportscar.
For sure and has been, my 20 year old ZO6 is a mighty capable ride even today. Those that remember, Zora brought the ZO6 into light with the C2 in '63, offering better handling / braking and bigger fuel tank, all with 'road racing' in mind !
      12-29-2021, 12:34 PM   #402
SSJVegita
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
Show me on this doll where the C8 touched you.
hahahah
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh16946.00
      12-29-2021, 02:08 PM   #403
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I've not seen a lot of C8's on the streets where I live, which is rural, where the $80K Chevrolets are coal-rollin' lifted pickups. But I had an opportunity last week to experience a C8. We were each first in our lanes at a traffic light. I was in my H3T and rolled down the window to hear the LT2. The Vette driver must have seen me lower my window and obliged with a nice launch from the light. Dammed did the LT2 sound great! It was a black LT1 I presume (it had no wing), maybe with the sport exhaust. At $60K, the base C8 is more than enough car for most anyone. The Z06 is going to be epic, either as GM's marketing ploy or even as a real sportscar.
I have seat time in a c8 stingray. My neighbor was one of the first to get one. He was like number 4 at kerbeck (ciocca) for the 2020 MY.

It is leaps and bounds better than my c7z in terms of chassis rigidity and refinement. I knew if the stingray was this good the z06 would be insane.

Im fine with the lower torque output because that can be manipulated by gearing. That’s why it’ll be a faster car than the c7z with 650hp 650tq.

The corvette or z06 was never considered a supercar even though it always had supercar performance.

This time around the c8 z06 is a supercar.

It’s def not a marketing ploy. This z06 will lap the ring around the 7 minute mark or even faster with the z07 package.
Appreciate 2
Efthreeoh16946.00
Red Bread4462.00
      12-30-2021, 02:35 PM   #404
mikado463
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

another perspective as we move forward .........

https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...te-2021-op-ed/
      12-30-2021, 05:20 PM   #405
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikado463 View Post
another perspective as we move forward .........

https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...te-2021-op-ed/
Average car on the road today is around 12 years.

So if new ICE cars are banned tomorrow, by 2034-2035 or so you still have 50% of ICE cars on the road.

The only thing that's a bit disappointing are certain powertrains that will go bye bye, even though ICE will still be around. I guess that's where the V8 comes into play given the link you provided.

I'm a V8 looney tune. I LOVE V8's. Doesn't matter the brand or displacement, etc. I just love that V8 sound. I like some better than others.

As far as the corvette, i don't think there's a capable V6 out there, in case GM wants to keep the ICE corvette alive in the C9 generation with a hybrid V6. Especially not anything i can think of that will surpass what the C8 generation is shaping up.

They just released the fucking EPIC C8Z. And they still have an ERAY, ZR1 and/or ZORA (ZORA might be a trim package to the ZR1 though).

If the top of the line corvette is a hybrid V8 monster making 1000hp as per the rumors, it'll be hard for GM to top that using another ICE configuration.

The only option left is to go EV. I actually wouldn't mind that. Plaid power in a C8 blueprint (for the C9) corvette.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 02:29 PM   #406
mikado463
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

well, somebody else appears to like the C8 as well ...........

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-‘21-stingrays
      01-04-2022, 07:02 PM   #407
Sedoy
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10

It's called Tesla Roadster and hopefully one day it will come out...

Quote:
Average car on the road today is around 12 years.

So if new ICE cars are banned tomorrow, by 2034-2035 or so you still have 50% of ICE cars on the road.

The only thing that's a bit disappointing are certain powertrains that will go bye bye, even though ICE will still be around. I guess that's where the V8 comes into play given the link you provided.

I'm a V8 looney tune. I LOVE V8's. Doesn't matter the brand or displacement, etc. I just love that V8 sound. I like some better than others.

As far as the corvette, i don't think there's a capable V6 out there, in case GM wants to keep the ICE corvette alive in the C9 generation with a hybrid V6. Especially not anything i can think of that will surpass what the C8 generation is shaping up.

They just released the fucking EPIC C8Z. And they still have an ERAY, ZR1 and/or ZORA (ZORA might be a trim package to the ZR1 though).

If the top of the line corvette is a hybrid V8 monster making 1000hp as per the rumors, it'll be hard for GM to top that using another ICE configuration.

The only option left is to go EV. I actually wouldn't mind that. Plaid power in a C8 blueprint (for the C9) corvette.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 07:08 PM   #408
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedoy View Post
It's called Tesla Roadster and hopefully one day it will come out...
That's the thing, one day.

And it'll still carry a 200+k price tag. IF you can even get one.

Might as well get a plaid and only be half second slower in the 1/4.
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      01-04-2022, 09:14 PM   #409
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmersandmopars View Post
No the C8 and Z06 is designed to be a garage queen as with 99% other Corvettes ever produced.

Chevy made it for one reason....... they were loosing market relevance.
Yet the Corvette is on it's 8th generation. Yup, no one wants or cares about Vettes. Ever drive or own one? I've had 3...
Appreciate 2
BGM-M3COMP2326.50
WolfGTI688.50
      01-06-2022, 01:46 PM   #410
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
Yet the Corvette is on it's 8th generation. Yup, no one wants or cares about Vettes. Ever drive or own one? I've had 3...
Everyone has bent over to the government and is going ev now meanwhile GM is like here’s a 670hp na motor that sounds like a Ferrari. Have fun with your forever car lol.

I love GM.
Appreciate 2
      02-03-2022, 02:20 PM   #411
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

I'm #4 on a local list … I asked today if they will have the 70th anniversary car as an additional # to their allocations or if it'll replace an allocation. Im hoping one of the guys above me will decline the 70A and it'll open up to me … this car is going to be an epic track car …

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 02:25 PM   #412
Cos270
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2015 F22 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Everyone has bent over to the government and is going ev now meanwhile GM is like here’s a 670hp na motor that sounds like a Ferrari. Have fun with your forever car lol.

I love GM.
If only you knew how long this car has been in development haha. It just so happens to be coming out at the same time everyone (including GM) is bending over to the powers that be.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 02:35 PM   #413
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Is it safe to say that C8 Z06 is easily the best American car a person can buy today? Not counting the very expensive exotics…
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 04:39 PM   #414
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cos270 View Post
If only you knew how long this car has been in development haha. It just so happens to be coming out at the same time everyone (including GM) is bending over to the powers that be.
The C7Z was supposed to have an NA engine. But because of the GM bankruptcy, the C7Z was mushed together last second to create an inadequate track car, but a pretty damn potent street car. The only issue with those cars are the inferior 8 speed auto, the lack of cooling, and the lack of traction. Had GM not filed for bankruptcy, that C7Z would've been different and who knows if we'd end up with the C8Z we know of today.

I'm glad all that happened though lol. I love my C7Z but the C8Z is going to be serious. And i mean SERIOUS. It's going to really open eyes of many who doubted GM, who laughed at the corvette brand and basically when you see one on the road, i know everyone will be drooling lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 04:42 PM   #415
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Is it safe to say that C8 Z06 is easily the best American car a person can buy today? Not counting the very expensive exotics…
Corvettes have always been the best american car you can buy.

GM just elevated that notion times 10 with the C8 generation.

Everyone was doing the visualizer build and posting it all over their socia l media when the stingray debuted. THen it happened again with the z06.

What other car were people going this crazy over in recent years? lol

I remember when GM debuted the 2019 ZR1. No one gave a shit lol. And that car is a monster.

People really have opened their eyes with this C8 generation. It's a great time to be alive. Even though we're approaching the end of all this greatness.

Us corvette owners welcome any newcomers who want to jump on board
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 05:49 PM   #416
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Us corvette owners welcome any newcomers who want to jump on board
I’m a newcomer. Sell me your Z06 allocation, please.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 06:05 PM   #417
..Rush..
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E88

I can't tell them apart from an exotic car coming from a distance. Not sure if that's good or bad. Just wish they looked more like a Corvette, and not another European hypercar.

Last edited by ..Rush..; 02-03-2022 at 09:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 06:58 PM   #418
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
I’m a newcomer. Sell me your Z06 allocation, please.
I don't have an allocation, i have a spot in the waiting list.

And that i'm not backing out of lol. Been on the list for like 26 months now. No way am i leaving this spot.
Appreciate 0