ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-27-2021, 11:40 AM   #375
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmersandmopars View Post
Lol... amigo you're dilemma is you're not understanding what I have said.

CHEVY..... good marketing!

C8 design..... Fauxrarrri which is why it sells.

Tracking cars...... Not a huge American hobby.

High horsepower...... what sells cars.

C8 pricing...... high demand, delayed inventory. Many used ones available on market.

Demon..... out of your league.

C8..... outdated LS platform that's having its nuts chopped thanks to EPA.

C8..... should've taken notes from Porsche or BMW with a high revving lower displacement TT application.

Demon...... a purpose built limited production daily driver with ability to sit 5 passengers.

C8...... A car designed for budget friendly status acquisition while carrying your Chiweenie in the Frunk while you wear driving gloves for a 35mph trip to breakfast to meet the grandkids.
Trying to impress people via the intranet gains the same result as trying to insult them, neither works.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00
      12-27-2021, 11:48 AM   #376
mikado463
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 x5 35i , '67 Corvette BB,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
This is an enthusiast site.

WTH are you even taking about?
LOL, he has no clue. Doubt he's ever owned a Corvette let alone driven one. Posted some stupid video of a supercharged Camaro having a 'dig' against a N/A C8. Then he talks as if the ZO6 is going to be a 'dog'.

I suspect he's a disgruntled millennial ! As for the Camaro SS 1LE, a great car at and well above it's price point. My youngest son had one for a few years, don't know that there was anything under 50k to compete against it. Sold it back in '19 and bought a C7 GS........
      12-27-2021, 12:01 PM   #377
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M8 Gran Coupe Comp

Quote:
What series are they racing it in?
Lol. Nice try. Sorry to burst your bubble, but most people's definition of "racing" is not associated with turns.

Now do take the time to better understand what you don't.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/look-inside-dodge-demons-840hp-hemi/

The LS that's in the Corvette and Camaro is just as weekend warrior friendly as the Mopar motors. Hell some of the fastest street trucks are big Turbo LS based. I'll put money on it that the Z06 motor won't be able to handle boost similarly how the 6.4l SRT motor can't aswell.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 12:11 PM   #378
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Lol. Nice try. Sorry to burst your bubble, but most people's definition of "racing" is not associated with turns.

Now do take the time to better understand what you don't.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/look...ns-840hp-hemi/

The LS that's in the Corvette and Camaro is just as weekend warrior friendly as the Mopar motors. Hell some of the fastest street trucks are big Turbo LS based. I'll put money on it that the Z06 motor won't be able to handle boost similarly how the 6.4l SRT motor can't aswell.
Oh, so the demon is not literally a "racing motor" then.

As in, the C8 Z06 engine really IS being used as a racing engine in a legitimate racing series. Since you said the demon was a racing motor, I thought it was because it was being proven in a race series...you know, the thing that makes it a racing motor?
      12-27-2021, 12:14 PM   #379
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikado463 View Post
LOL, he has no clue. Doubt he's ever owned a Corvette let alone driven one. Posted some stupid video of a supercharged Camaro having a 'dig' against a N/A C8. Then he talks as if the ZO6 is going to be a 'dog'.

I suspect he's a disgruntled millennial ! As for the Camaro SS 1LE, a great car at and well above it's price point. My youngest son had one for a few years, don't know that there was anything under 50k to compete against it. Sold it back in '19 and bought a C7 GS........

Nope driven 2 different actually. A friend's yellow ZR1 and my main roofers C8. Got to give the C8 credit for being more tall guy friendly. They're as I said alright and as I have stated repeatedly the C8 is fantastic marketing that Chevy needed.

As a side note, had the joys of driving an LMR built 2019 ZLI that on its smallest tune was making 900whp(1300hp at it's peak) and it was funny as hell to drive since it suffered the same struggle to hook most of the Mopars have. Not a fan of the Ford/GM love child A10 though.

I just don't understand why so many fan bois aren't understanding the GM published figures of 10.6 in the 1/4 are while nice and all, are easily achieved aswell by a freaking X3M on an E30 tune... and maybe a couple other bolt on.lol
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 12:16 PM   #380
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I just don't understand why so many fan bois aren't understanding the GM published figures of 10.6 in the 1/4 are while nice and all, are easily achieved aswell by a freaking X3M on an E30 tune... and maybe a couple other bolt on.lol
Because it's literally just you that's obsessed with straight line performance.

That's why you don't understand. It's like you are totally incapable of understanding why someone would buy a miata, or a cayman, or a C8.

People can buy a lot of other cars for the cost of a demon. What you really need to be asking yourself is, why do they? If you can figure it out, you will have answered your own question.
mikado463468.00
Red Bread4463.00
Humdizzle6051.00
Al Pinã1839.50
      12-27-2021, 12:40 PM   #381
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

That's why you don't understand. It's like you are totally incapable of understanding why someone would buy a miata, or a cayman, or a C8.

People can buy a lot of other cars for the cost of a demon. What you really need to be asking yourself is, why do they? If you can figure it out, you will have answered your own question.
Again.... go back to my original point. The while point of what I said was folks buy them for looks.... not performance. Then we got off in the weeds.

Why is that even something to debate?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 12:44 PM   #382
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Again.... go back to my original point. The while point of what I said was folks buy them for looks.... not performance. Then we got off in the weeds.

Why is that even something to debate?
People buy demons for looks.

Change my mind.
      12-27-2021, 12:44 PM   #383
mikado463
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

RM7, we are all wasting our time with 'bmwmopar' guy. For whatever reason he is completely hung up on Hp / straight-line acceleration and while I get it I also understand that there are a lot of us out there that appreciate and desire the ability to turn left and right as well.

For crying out loud, he's already making mock of the flat plane crank motor in the soon to be released ZO6 as not being able to handle boost !!! Who gives a shit !!!! that IS NOT what that car is about
      12-27-2021, 12:46 PM   #384
mikado463
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
LOL, if they're blind !! with those 'stuck on' fender flares they look like something out of a middle school shop class .........
      12-27-2021, 12:58 PM   #385
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Change my mind.
Lol. I'll totally disagree. From the front they can look "Americana" perse for the muscle car aspect. Other than that all Challengers and Chargers just look like the rest.

I actually prefer the narrow bodies and had a Hellcat Charger I topped out at 204mph before.

The wide bodies are slower.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 01:13 PM   #386
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Lol. I'll totally disagree. From the front they can look "Americana" perse for the muscle car aspect. Other than that all Challengers and Chargers just look like the rest.

I actually prefer the narrow bodies and had a Hellcat Charger I topped out at 204mph before.

The wide bodies are slower.
Nope. Why is that even something to debate?
      12-27-2021, 03:55 PM   #387
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

Change my mind.
I doubt this will change your mind but many people take their redeyes and demons to the dragstrip.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 04:37 PM   #388
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Sush! Don't tell him that Formula 1 is the most popular motorsport in the World, or that the Indianapolis 500 is the most popular race in the US, or that NASCAR spectator attendance blows away NHRA spectator attendance. Oh shit, NASCAR even runs on road courses and Indy Car does too. IIRC the Daytona 500 is not a drag race.

NONE of those races have turns... And can anyone post a pic of a BMW Roundel on a professional drag racing car?

LOL
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 2
RM72892.50
      12-27-2021, 04:38 PM   #389
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

FTFY

Quote:
OLD People buy demons for looks.

Change my mind.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 06:29 PM   #390
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
I doubt this will change your mind but many people take their redeyes and demons to the dragstrip.
That's just crazy talk. That's like saying many people take their C8s to the (course) track, like the ones I competed against.
      12-27-2021, 07:03 PM   #391
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That's just crazy talk. That's like saying many people take their C8s to the (course) track, like the ones I competed against.
You know Boundarant was/is an SRT division partner right? Every single new SRT purchase regardless of trim allows the buyer to attend the classes for free. Now SRT did this not with the intention of teaching folks how to track their cars, yet how to learn to handle the vehicles. They literally will do the courses in Redeyes at time which I think is just stupid, but so is the amount of wrecks associated with Mopar vehicles especially Hellcats.

You're in the minority with how you toy your car and that's awesome for you. I'm just trying to help you from a sales perspective why the C8 is successful.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 11:35 AM   #392
mikado463
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
well as an owner of an 'original' Challenger back in the day (were you even born yet ?) they didn't all look the same ! Lets see how good a Mopar guy you really are....... where did the inspiration for the design of the original T/A hood scoop come from ?
Attached Images

12-28-2021, 02:49 PM   #393
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Quote:
well as an owner of an 'original' Challenger back in the day (were you even born yet ?) they didn't all look the same ! Lets see how good a Mopar guy you really are....... where did the inspiration for the design of the original T/A hood scoop come from ?
How did this thread get to be a shit Mopar battle? Who gives a fuck about all these Mopar cars? Go grab a summit magazine then run to pep boys for all your spare parts🤪. Grab a vanilla air freshener while you are there. Back to the Z-06 please🙏🙏
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 03:55 PM   #394
mikado463
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
Back to the Z-06 please🙏🙏
cool your jets kid............happy now !!

https://www.thedrive.com/news/43401/...art-under-100k
      12-28-2021, 04:41 PM   #395
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
Back to the Z-06 please🙏🙏
cool your jets kid............happy now !!

https://www.thedrive.com/news/43401/...art-under-100k
Thank you!!!! Yes, that's much better than the cat fights.
Appreciate 1
mikado463468.00
      12-28-2021, 04:50 PM   #396
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You know Boundarant was/is an SRT division partner right? Every single new SRT purchase regardless of trim allows the buyer to attend the classes for free. Now SRT did this not with the intention of teaching folks how to track their cars, yet how to learn to handle the vehicles. They literally will do the courses in Redeyes at time which I think is just stupid, but so is the amount of wrecks associated with Mopar vehicles especially Hellcats.

You're in the minority with how you toy your car and that's awesome for you. I'm just trying to help you from a sales perspective why the C8 is successful.
Literally almost every modern performance or sports car/sports sedan from any manufacturer is designed to "go around curves". Decades ago GM and Ford got the memo regarding handling performance to the point that the original straight-line Ponycars now sit on corporate chassis that are designed with suspensions to handle curves. For God's sake, even Cadillac now makes its cars to handle road courses.

But stay with "most people's definition of 'racing' is not associated with turns" if that what suits you. The rest of us will enjoy exploring lateral g forces.

LOL

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 12-29-2021 at 10:41 AM..
Appreciate 1
mikado463468.00