ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #23
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
lol screw the amp, just get intravee. digital music via carver system sounds pretty good. radio and aux sound like sh*t.

ORRR you can figure out the headlights and I'll swing by your place with a six pack as a token of appreciation for doing mine! seems like pungo posted the code for disabling the ambers:

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthre...2#post14003222
You have no idea what you're missing out on. I had a chance to listen to Greg's car last summer after the recoding and it sounds 10x better than mine. Relatively cheap/free fix.

Gruppe M CAI / Euro Headers / Rogue Engineering X-pipe / RE Diablo Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #24
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHMOUPE View Post
You have no idea what you're missing out on. I had a chance to listen to Greg's car last summer after the recoding and it sounds 10x better than mine. Relatively cheap/free fix.
What were you guys listening to though? With a digital hookup, does it really sound that much better? When I listen to Aux I admit it sounds terrible but listening to an iPod with a direct hookup sounds pretty decent in my coupe.
      05-17-2013, 11:15 PM   #25
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
What were you guys listening to though? With a digital hookup, does it really sound that much better? When I listen to Aux I admit it sounds terrible but listening to an iPod with a direct hookup sounds pretty decent in my coupe.
ipod hook up. same song

Gruppe M CAI / Euro Headers / Rogue Engineering X-pipe / RE Diablo Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #26
Shipkiller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Me

Garage List
I now have all side or parking lights disabled on the MC. The ambers do not turn on with the lightswitch in pos 2. All turn signals still work when activated. The Halo still operates in pos1 and pos2.

Using NCSExpert, these were the two functions I had to change to make this work:
PIN_20_37_ALS_PO.............Turns off lower amber under the halo
SL_VO_ANSTEUERUNG..........Turns off front side amber and rear corner (bumper) lights

Depending on your car, you may need to tell the LSZ module its in Europe:
LAENDERVARIANTE_LSZ........Country Variant Light Switch US= wert_02, Europe=wert_01

Remember, depending on the variant of your LSZ module, some things will be different. Mine is LSZ-C37.

I have changed MANY things on the car in most all of the modules.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #27
bignosejim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 IB M Coupe

Cool, nice work! I guess you just select nicht activ (or whatever the german phrase is) on the first two. Also do you have a power supply you use when programming your modules? I've been afraid of trying stuff out and accidentally frying modules.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #28
Shipkiller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Me

Garage List
I hook up a 50amp battery charger in the engine compartment. I worry about depleting the battery on a long session. With the ignition on, my car draws 9amps.

Use the new version of NCSDummy (V.6). It is much better than the older version (.5). Also, any module you want to modify, be sure to make a backup of the original coding file.
I just copy and rename the file that NCSExpert pulls from the module (FSW_PSW.TRC) to another directory. I made a backup of ALL the modules on the car before I started screwing around.

Remember, CODIERDATEN_LESSEN, reads the data so it is safe... SG_CODIEREN, WRITES the data. Just make sure the FSW_PSW.MAN file has the proper coding in it before you do the SG_CODIEREN. I have no idea what would happen if you sent coding for some other module into the module you are working on, hence the backups...
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #29
Z@T
Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, Vantage, 997, ModelX

Here is the instruction to turn it on for the european Z4's:

Quote:
US-Tagfahrlicht (über Steuergerät "ALSZ" codieren)
US-Tagfahrlicht (= gedimmtes Fernlicht) und nur die inneren Blinker gedimmt als Sidemarker leuchten. Lichtschalter dabei Pos. 0.
Stellt man den Lichtschalter auf Pos. 1 (= Standlicht), dann leuchten auch die äußeren Blinker gedimmt als Sidemarker.
Lichtschalter auf Pos. 2 (= Abblendlicht) gestellt, erlöschen Tagfahrlicht und der Blinker darunter
Code:
DRL_BLK_VORN_GEDIMMT
nicht_aktiv
DRL_BLK_VORNE_2_GEDIMMT
aktiv
SIDEMARKER_US
aktiv
DRL_DIMMUNG --- Wert 01 vermutlich ohne Scheinwerfer!
wert_03
GEDIMMT_BLK_BEGRENZ_LICHT
aktiv
BLK_DIMMEN
aktiv

Set the aktiv to nicht_aktiv and you are ready to go.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 08:58 PM   #30
maupineda
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipkiller View Post
I now have all side or parking lights disabled on the MC. The ambers do not turn on with the lightswitch in pos 2. All turn signals still work when activated. The Halo still operates in pos1 and pos2.

Using NCSExpert, these were the two functions I had to change to make this work:
PIN_20_37_ALS_PO.............Turns off lower amber under the halo
SL_VO_ANSTEUERUNG..........Turns off front side amber and rear corner (bumper) lights

Depending on your car, you may need to tell the LSZ module its in Europe:
LAENDERVARIANTE_LSZ........Country Variant Light Switch US= wert_02, Europe=wert_01

Remember, depending on the variant of your LSZ module, some things will be different. Mine is LSZ-C37.

I have changed MANY things on the car in most all of the modules.
I thought I'd share and complement this post. I have a Canada spec car and I have coded the car to:

Run halos ONLY as DRL
Turn off side markers
Turn off dimmed turn indicators when headlamps are on (indicators work as normal)
Enable one touch turn signals (set to 5)
Activate Rear Fog Lamp

Below the settings and what they do

Run halos ONLY as DRL

DAUERFAHRLICHT_US - DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS (USA)
from aktiv to nicht_aktiv
This disabled the Canada DRL which turns main lights on as soon as the car starts

PO_ALS_DRL - POSITION LIGHTS AS DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS
This disabled the postion lights (front and rear) as DRL, in combination with the above Canda cars run all lights on ALL the time

Turn off side markers

SL_VO_ANSTEUERUNG - FRONT STANDING LIGHTS CONTROL
This turns the front and rear side markers

Turn off dimmed turn indicators when headlamps are on (indicators work as normal)

PIN_20_37_ALS_PO
This turns the inner amber indicator bulb off (the one below the inner lens)

SIDEMARKER_US - USA SIDE MARKER LIGHTS
This turns the outer amber indicator bulb off (the one below the xenon lens)

Activate Rear Fog Lamp

PIN_20_ALS_NSL - OUTPUT PIN 20 AS REAR FOG LIGHTS
from nicht_aktiv to aktiv
This activates rear fog lamp, but you need the Euro switch, otherwise you dont have a button to activate the rea fog.

Enable one touch turn signals (set to 5)

CYCL_TI_BLK - ONE-TOUCH TURN SIGNAL FUNCTIONALITY
from einmal to funfmal
This makes the turn indicators to blink 5 times with a light touch of the indicator stalk

I also enabled brake force display so the center del stop light bar blinks under heavy braking or when the ABS engages.
Appreciate 1
AK72283.00