ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-19-2019, 07:53 PM   #1
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

2008 Z4 3.0Si Loping Issues?

Just picked up my 2008 Z4 3.0si Coupe with the automatic trans. Unfortunately I've already begun noticing a loping issue when driving at 30-50mph. Almost like the ac kicking on and off heavily and about every 5 seconds. I have a roadster with the 5sp manual and have never had this issue before, just hope it's not the trans. Engine runs like silk at idle. It has been raining heavily so possibly a coil? I do also have a tpms light on that won't reset, not sure if it's related? Thanks for any help!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 04:47 PM   #2
rjahl
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Our03z4 View Post
Just picked up my 2008 Z4 3.0si Coupe with the automatic trans. Unfortunately I've already begun noticing a loping issue when driving at 30-50mph. Almost like the ac kicking on and off heavily and about every 5 seconds. I have a roadster with the 5sp manual and have never had this issue before, just hope it's not the trans. Engine runs like silk at idle. It has been raining heavily so possibly a coil? I do also have a tpms light on that won't reset, not sure if it's related? Thanks for any help!!!
Congratulations on the E86, they are fun cars.

The AC clutch does not cycle on these cars, stays on using a throttle suction valve to adjust cooling capacity.

Need a good BMW code reader and check for codes
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 05:23 PM   #3
RBull
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our03z4 View Post
I have an 07 Z4M that had a light that couldn't be cleared either. Needed to replace one bad tpms.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 10:15 PM   #4
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

I was able to clear the light, tires were way off in pressure from the dealer. As far as the other issue it's been in the best bmw shop in our area with no luck in finding the issue. No codes or anything. Getting the transmission sleeves, filter, pan, and fluid changed to see if that's the issue. Also doing the coils and plugs since the car was in the same shop before I bought it for 1 coil being out.
Appreciate 0