ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - California
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #23
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
763
Rep
15,818
Posts

Drives: M760/BMW i8 Roadster
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (298)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfanatic325 View Post
Ohhh I see. You didn't say hi to me
I think Colat did, and L4ZY as well. Can't remember. Long, hot, unbelievably tiring day (as I had to drive back to NorCal right afterwards)
Makes one not want to do toooo much lol


I did see your car though. there were 2 silver E85s that I remember seeing
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #24
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
mfanatic325's Avatar
Taiwan
180
Rep
3,885
Posts

Drives: '01 911 Turbo
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cupertino, CA.

iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Makes one not want to do toooo much lol


I did see your car though. there were 2 silver E85s that I remember seeing
Yeah, the other silver M coupe was Colatkitty. Bugger was too bloody fast
They mixed me up with him during time trials because he went wheels off I think, and they pulled me into pit lane instead of him
I was like "uhhhh....what's going on? Why was I told to get off?"
And they didn't own up to the mistake. Just kind of told me to GTFO and get back on the track lolol
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #25
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
763
Rep
15,818
Posts

Drives: M760/BMW i8 Roadster
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (298)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfanatic325 View Post
Yeah, the other silver M coupe was Colatkitty. Bugger was too bloody fast
They mixed me up with him during time trials because he went wheels off I think, and they pulled me into pit lane instead of him
I was like "uhhhh....what's going on? Why was I told to get off?"
And they didn't own up to the mistake. Just kind of told me to GTFO and get back on the track lolol
lol well your cars do look similar.... I wonder what the S2k guys must go through haha
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 01:02 AM   #26
l4zy
Captain
l4zy's Avatar
United_States
35
Rep
881
Posts

Drives: 95 M3, 15 i3, 17 M3 Frz Wht
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chino, CA

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW i3 REX  [0.00]
1995 BMW M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW X3 xDrive35i  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfanatic325 View Post
Ohhh I see. You didn't say hi to me
I think Colat did, and L4ZY as well. Can't remember. Long, hot, unbelievably tiring day (as I had to drive back to NorCal right afterwards)
It was nice meeting you! I'm really considering keeping the car until after Laguna Seca...lol
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 02:58 AM   #27
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
mfanatic325's Avatar
Taiwan
180
Rep
3,885
Posts

Drives: '01 911 Turbo
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cupertino, CA.

iTrader: (23)

hahaha no pressure or anything
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #28
colatkitty
Private First Class
colatkitty's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
165
Posts

Drives: MCoupe, S2000
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfanatic325 View Post
Yeah, the other silver M coupe was Colatkitty. Bugger was too bloody fast
They mixed me up with him during time trials because he went wheels off I think, and they pulled me into pit lane instead of him
I was like "uhhhh....what's going on? Why was I told to get off?"
And they didn't own up to the mistake. Just kind of told me to GTFO and get back on the track lolol
Thanks for your compliment, I consider BW as my home track as I've driven it countless times. I'm sure you would blow me away at Laguna Seca.

Yeah, I did go straight off and came right back on at the exit of sweeper, but I thought nobody saw me, LOL.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to chat to you more on Sunday. I was kept busy all day giving people rides and such. I'm sure we will run into each other again sometime in the future... Laguna maybe?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #29
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
mfanatic325's Avatar
Taiwan
180
Rep
3,885
Posts

Drives: '01 911 Turbo
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cupertino, CA.

iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by colatkitty View Post
Thanks for your compliment, I consider BW as my home track as I've driven it countless times. I'm sure you would blow me away at Laguna Seca.

Yeah, I did go straight off and came right back on at the exit of sweeper, but I thought nobody saw me, LOL.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to chat to you more on Sunday. I was kept busy all day giving people rides and such. I'm sure we will run into each other again sometime in the future... Laguna maybe?
lol I saw the dust, and it didn't look all that fresh, so I knew it wasn't the black s2k in front of me (behind you). And I was quick to figure out that they flagged wrongfully lol. Those bastards. I lost out on a good lap or two hah

Yeah! Come up to Laguna end of December? L4ZY said some SoCal people might come up. We already have a pretty good crew going from NorCal. Might have to sign up early though because Laguna gets booked out real fast. The host is NCRC (NorCal Racing Club). You can look them up on Google or something.

I only got a 2:11 personal best thus far
The track is fun, but super bumpy. A friend of mine that drove my car for the first time got 2:09
And another friend with a Fairlady NISMO 350Z on R-comps got 2:04, but it's not his first time at Buttonwillow.
I asked an avid S2K driver buddy of mine who goes to Buttonwillow a lot, and he says on street tires, he's running 2:01s
FML, I'm too effing slow
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 06:24 PM   #30
colatkitty
Private First Class
colatkitty's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
165
Posts

Drives: MCoupe, S2000
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CA

iTrader: (4)

They actually checker flagged me after that lap, so I thought we can only run 1 hot lap for that session. Turned out they checker flagged everyone by mistake. I talked to the guy in the black S2K behind me after the session was over, and he said he just ignored the checkered flag and kept going. I let him pass me on my second lap, hot pitted, and the track workers just waved me by and told me to keep going...

2:11 is not bad for the first time at BW 13, considering the super hot conditions. All So Cal tracks are bumpy, so I'm quite used to it. In fact, Streets of Willow is even bumpier than Buttonwillow. I get lots of peeps who have never driven Buttonwillow commenting on how rough my steering inputs are from watching my videos, but they have no idea how bumpy the track really is.

What kind of mods does your friend have on his S2K? I came from the S2K world, and I must say they are definitely the best bang for the buck track cars. I was doing 1:58's on RS3's and 1:57's on NT-01's in my S2K before I sold it last December... regretting selling it big time now... My personal best in my Mcoupe is 2:00.9xx in April on fresh RS3's, but I was only able to do a 2:03.2 on Sunday during the first time attack session. My goal there is sub 2:00 this fall-winter when the weather gets cooler.

I'll definitely seriously consider Laguna Seca in December, but this will take some planning and more importantly, some major persuading to the wifey.

Last edited by colatkitty; 08-22-2012 at 08:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 11:30 PM   #31
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
763
Rep
15,818
Posts

Drives: M760/BMW i8 Roadster
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (298)

I am really looking at a s2k myself... any advice? what should i watch out for? what should i make sure to look for/avoid?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 02:24 AM   #32
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
mfanatic325's Avatar
Taiwan
180
Rep
3,885
Posts

Drives: '01 911 Turbo
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cupertino, CA.

iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by colatkitty View Post
They actually checker flagged me after that lap, so I thought we can only run 1 hot lap for that session. Turned out they checker flagged everyone by mistake. I talked to the guy in the black S2K behind me after the session was over, and he said he just ignored the checkered flag and kept going. I let him pass me on my second lap, hot pitted, and the track workers just waved me by and told me to keep going...

2:11 is not bad for the first time at BW 13, considering the super hot conditions. All So Cal tracks are bumpy, so I'm quite used to it. In fact, Streets of Willow is even bumpier than Buttonwillow. I get lots of peeps who have never driven Buttonwillow commenting on how rough rough steering inputs are from watching my videos, but they have no idea how bumpy the track really is.

What kind of mods does your friend have on his S2K? I came from the S2K world, and I must say they are definitely the best bang for the buck track cars. I was doing 1:58's on RS3's and 1:57's on NT-01's in my S2K before I sold it last December... regretting selling it big time now... My personal best in my Mcoupe is 2:00.9xx in April on fresh RS3's, but I was only able to do a 2:03.2 on Sunday during the first time attack session. My goal there is sub 2:00 this fall-winter when the weather gets cooler.

I'll definitely seriously consider Laguna Seca in December, but this will take some planning and more importantly, some major persuading to the wifey.
DAYUMMM 2:00s
I feel like I'm already pushing as hard as I can too lol...FML
Yeah those S2Ks can be ridiculously fast -_-
I'm not exactly sure what my friend's S2K has in it, but pretty darn stock, and definitely no r-comps for him yet. He thinks he's not ready lol
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #33
colatkitty
Private First Class
colatkitty's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
165
Posts

Drives: MCoupe, S2000
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
I am really looking at a s2k myself... any advice? what should i watch out for? what should i make sure to look for/avoid?
As with all Hondas, they are pretty much bulletproof. Try to avoid the early model years (00-01's) due to a few minor issues and the plastic rear top window. And like all used cars, I would avoid ones that have been previously modified.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #34
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
763
Rep
15,818
Posts

Drives: M760/BMW i8 Roadster
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (298)

Quote:
Originally Posted by colatkitty View Post
As with all Hondas, they are pretty much bulletproof. Try to avoid the early model years (00-01's) due to a few minor issues and the plastic rear top window. And like all used cars, I would avoid ones that have been previously modified.
I'm looking at a 04 with 73k track miles. but he will be putting in a new engine (not "new" but low miles, untracked AP1)

has brake ducts and camber joints

He's asking 15k with the AP1 engine installed.


most other ones I find have like 100k+ (hell 140-150+!) miles on them for 10-12k. I'd much rather pay a little more and get a car with half (or less) miles on it

thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 08:25 AM   #35
colatkitty
Private First Class
colatkitty's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
165
Posts

Drives: MCoupe, S2000
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CA

iTrader: (4)

Strange to put an AP1 engine in a AP2 chassis. It's usually the other way around. $15K is not unreasonable, but depends on what else is done to the car and what condition the chassis is in.

If it's me, I'd rather pay a bit more and keep looking for a fresher car.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #36
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
763
Rep
15,818
Posts

Drives: M760/BMW i8 Roadster
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (298)

Quote:
Originally Posted by colatkitty View Post
Strange to put an AP1 engine in a AP2 chassis. It's usually the other way around. $15K is not unreasonable, but depends on what else is done to the car and what condition the chassis is in.

If it's me, I'd rather pay a bit more and keep looking for a fresher car.
He said he can put in an AP2, but was going to do an AP1 since that was what someone else was looking for.

He mentioned that it's cause the gearing is better for socal tracks.

Like how AP2 tops out at 80 while AP1 can go up to 89mph, and 100 vs 113 (i forgot the exact ones).

Forgot the specifics..... main reason I was considering his was cause if anything breaks on it, I can give him crap for it lol. since he's in my group of track friends and we all know him.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #37
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
763
Rep
15,818
Posts

Drives: M760/BMW i8 Roadster
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (298)

a lot of newer, lower mileage ones are like $18k+. I can't justify spending that much on a s2k.....
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 02:49 AM   #38
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
mfanatic325's Avatar
Taiwan
180
Rep
3,885
Posts

Drives: '01 911 Turbo
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cupertino, CA.

iTrader: (23)

hah finally got some pix from the track day:

Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #39
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
763
Rep
15,818
Posts

Drives: M760/BMW i8 Roadster
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (298)

Nice!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #40
krnnerdboy
Colonel
krnnerdboy's Avatar
United_States
177
Rep
2,433
Posts

Drives: v10 m6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: so cal

iTrader: (10)

Nice seeing you again mark! And thanks for the car defying ride along.

Mfanatic, I saw your car but everytime I swung around to say hi you were already gone. I'm signing up for laguna in dec. i'll be in an m6, mthrice e92 m3, l4zy e36m or z4m?? and my cousin in an r56s. We were all there at bw.... And don't feel bad my 500+ hp pig of an m6 clocked a best of 2:11.9 that day
__________________

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #41
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
mfanatic325's Avatar
Taiwan
180
Rep
3,885
Posts

Drives: '01 911 Turbo
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cupertino, CA.

iTrader: (23)

Ohh you were in the M6? Icic. I saw a nice spinout at the last corner during one of the earlier sessions xD
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #42
krnnerdboy
Colonel
krnnerdboy's Avatar
United_States
177
Rep
2,433
Posts

Drives: v10 m6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: so cal

iTrader: (10)

rofl! I didn't spin, I got pushed off by an anonymous (mthrice) e92 m3 owner. however I just went straight off and came right back on.

however, hopefully by laguna seca, my car will be a bit more fun on the track
__________________

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #43
Mthrice
Lieutenant
Mthrice's Avatar
100
Rep
500
Posts

Drives: 15 M3 Tanzanite/Blk, 15 GT3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnnerdboy View Post
rofl! I didn't spin, I got pushed off by an anonymous (mthrice) e92 m3 owner. however I just went straight off and came right back on.
You got a V10, you shouldn't be looking in your rear view mirror

See you at Laguna
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 PM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST