ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-21-2010, 08:49 AM   #23
RussRamz
M Slut
RussRamz's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
565
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe Mineral White
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Adenau, GE via 3 years in dreadful El Paso, TX

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via ICQ to RussRamz
Would you two put your dicks and rulers back in your pants for Christ's sake!

O-cha... you have balls for posting your videos where you screw up and then able to admit your mistakes. Never stop learning from your mistakes. I learn something new every lap I accomplish on the most repetitive road circuits I drive--just like you. (yea, I balled up my car on the Nuerburgring already once, but never posted that video)

Hack... I'm sure you are a good driver, but you can be an arrogant a-hole sometimes. I think much of what you wrote could have been sent privately instead of patronizing O-cha.

Peace-out.
__________________
You have to be 100% behind someone before you can stab them in the back.

David Brent
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 04:25 PM   #24
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
JCz04Bimmer's Avatar
28
Rep
606
Posts

Drives: 06 Z4MC
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York City

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussRamz View Post
Would you two put your dicks and rulers back in your pants for Christ's sake!
:werd:

...and my personal observation is that both of them demonstrate quite a bit of e-arrogance on a regular basis. But we all have our faults.

So I think The HACK was making a point that O-Cha hadn't yet acknowledged. O-Cha got defensive. The HACK got defensive. And then the rulers came out.

Indeed, O-Cha admitted that this was an example of poor driving and luck but I think The HACK is making the additional point that it wasn't just that O-Cha tried to turn in before settling the car but also that you should have never even found yourself in that situation to begin with regardless of what the knucklehead in the Porsche was doing.

Whenever I find myself behind a car that is making me agitated or nervous, I hit the pits the first chance I get.

Perfect example. At my last event I was driving behind a guy in a Radical SR3 which is, as I'm sure you know, an insanely fast car. The driver was obviously new to the car because I was carrying a much faster pace. But it was a very unusual car to follow. It's tiny. It looked twitchy. It's fast but I didn't know quite where it'd be fast. I found myself closing very quickly. I wasn't confident I'd be able to keep a safe distance from it should it do something unexpected so I hit the pits and didn't see it for the rest of the session.
__________________
|www.onehotlap.com|Real People|Real Cars|
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 06:38 PM   #25
O-cha
Brigadier General
O-cha's Avatar
173
Rep
4,726
Posts

Drives: Mcoupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In front of you

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to O-cha
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCz04Bimmer View Post
:werd:

...and my personal observation is that both of them demonstrate quite a bit of e-arrogance on a regular basis. But we all have our faults.

So I think The HACK was making a point that O-Cha hadn't yet acknowledged. O-Cha got defensive. The HACK got defensive. And then the rulers came out.

Indeed, O-Cha admitted that this was an example of poor driving and luck but I think The HACK is making the additional point that it wasn't just that O-Cha tried to turn in before settling the car but also that you should have never even found yourself in that situation to begin with regardless of what the knucklehead in the Porsche was doing.

Whenever I find myself behind a car that is making me agitated or nervous, I hit the pits the first chance I get.

I know and admit I'm a prick though. He is trying to pretend to be giving advice when he's really just trying to be a prick, that's the difference to me and it's a huge pet peeve of mine because those types are all over the track and I just want to kick them in the groin.

And I had acknowledged I should have pitted WAY before he jumped in the thread so it was no additional point, and eventually everyone has their emotions control their driving somewhat, it just happens, it's not good, but it happens. Acting like it's the end of the word is just stupid especially when I had already said I knew it was bad.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 06:51 PM   #26
Getssum96
Private
United_States
0
Rep
58
Posts

Drives: TBD
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

I love the both of you! You make this place entertaining!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 10:32 PM   #27
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
JCz04Bimmer's Avatar
28
Rep
606
Posts

Drives: 06 Z4MC
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York City

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
I know and admit I'm a prick though. He is trying to pretend to be giving advice when he's really just trying to be a prick, that's the difference to me and it's a huge pet peeve of mine because those types are all over the track and I just want to kick them in the groin.

And I had acknowledged I should have pitted WAY before he jumped in the thread so it was no additional point, and eventually everyone has their emotions control their driving somewhat, it just happens, it's not good, but it happens. Acting like it's the end of the word is just stupid especially when I had already said I knew it was bad.
Fair enough.
__________________
|www.onehotlap.com|Real People|Real Cars|
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2010, 01:35 AM   #28
Diokaef
Engineer
Diokaef's Avatar
United_States
185
Rep
2,122
Posts

Drives: M235I 2015, 335i 2011
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: TAMPA FL

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [4.50]
Send a message via MSN to Diokaef
This is funy! Is like the next American idol.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2010, 01:39 AM   #29
Diokaef
Engineer
Diokaef's Avatar
United_States
185
Rep
2,122
Posts

Drives: M235I 2015, 335i 2011
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: TAMPA FL

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [4.50]
Send a message via MSN to Diokaef
But For the important part: I would probably stay on the guy's ass(Porsche's ass) and forced him out (not saying that this is correct, but sometimes is the only way they learn)
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 11:22 AM   #30
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
JCz04Bimmer's Avatar
28
Rep
606
Posts

Drives: 06 Z4MC
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York City

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diokaef View Post
But For the important part: I would probably stay on the guy's ass(Porsche's ass) and forced him out (not saying that this is correct, but sometimes is the only way they learn)
Ya. But this isn't a race. It's an HPDE. In a race environment, risk is assumed and accepted. And worst case scenarios are prepared for (by both the drivers and the track workers). In an HPDE, that really isn't the case.

Just hit the pits and get over it. Problem solved. You can then go about on your pace without getting all hot and bothered and possibly causing a situation that could endanger you, the person in front of you, the people behind you and the workers around the track.
__________________
|www.onehotlap.com|Real People|Real Cars|
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #31
Diokaef
Engineer
Diokaef's Avatar
United_States
185
Rep
2,122
Posts

Drives: M235I 2015, 335i 2011
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: TAMPA FL

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [4.50]
Send a message via MSN to Diokaef
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCz04Bimmer View Post
Ya. But this isn't a race. It's an HPDE. In a race environment, risk is assumed and accepted. And worst case scenarios are prepared for (by both the drivers and the track workers). In an HPDE, that really isn't the case.

Just hit the pits and get over it. Problem solved. You can then go about on your pace without getting all hot and bothered and possibly causing a situation that could endanger you, the person in front of you, the people behind you and the workers around the track.
Good point. But that is the way it make me feel some times. some people just don't have any consideration.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 12:29 AM   #32
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
JCz04Bimmer's Avatar
28
Rep
606
Posts

Drives: 06 Z4MC
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York City

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diokaef View Post
Good point. But that is the way it make me feel some times. some people just don't have any consideration.
And one could easily argue that their lack of consideration doesn't put anyone in danger whereas someone who gets hot under the helmet is putting quite a number of people in greater risk.
__________________
|www.onehotlap.com|Real People|Real Cars|
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 05:27 AM   #33
Diokaef
Engineer
Diokaef's Avatar
United_States
185
Rep
2,122
Posts

Drives: M235I 2015, 335i 2011
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: TAMPA FL

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [4.50]
Send a message via MSN to Diokaef
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCz04Bimmer View Post
And one could easily argue that their lack of consideration doesn't put anyone in danger whereas someone who gets hot under the helmet is putting quite a number of people in greater risk.
True!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2010, 04:45 PM   #34
krnnerdboy
Colonel
krnnerdboy's Avatar
United_States
177
Rep
2,433
Posts

Drives: v10 m6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: so cal

iTrader: (10)

nice saves, but what I got most out of the vids is how hideous the wood trim is on the M
__________________

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST