ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-05-2023, 05:07 AM   #2795
wdb
dances with roads
wdb's Avatar
4448
Rep
4,048
Posts

Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: the perimeter

iTrader: (4)

I like the Tunai Firefly so much I got a couple more of them for other vehicles.
Appreciate 2
      05-05-2023, 09:26 AM   #2796
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
2130
Rep
12,418
Posts

Drives: Z4 M, 550i, X3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CT

iTrader: (96)

Garage List
New shoes, love my style 32’s but they unfortunately don’t clear the 996 Brembos I plan to put on, so needed something with better spoke clearance. Preference was to stick with OEM staggered setup (225/255) with slightly aggressive offsets.

F: 19x8.5 et27
R: 19x9.0 et29 + 15mm spacer

Currently on stock suspension / alignment but I plan to pull the pins and add some washers up front.
Attached Images
  
__________________
Follow for latest mods

Last edited by 3002 tii; 05-05-2023 at 02:58 PM..
Appreciate 5
      05-05-2023, 12:59 PM   #2797
CJW2OO4
Major
United_States
140
Rep
1,090
Posts

Drives: E86M,M2,F13 E86&E85M,E86,2E46
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (4)

Nice upgrade to the M coupe! Congrats!
Appreciate 1
3002 tii2129.50
      05-05-2023, 06:17 PM   #2798
miscbrah
Private
11
Rep
66
Posts

Drives: Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
I like the Tunai Firefly so much I got a couple more of them for other vehicles.
Awesome, good to know!

So much for not ordering anything else - OEM all weather rubber floor mats on the way

I like the look of carpet but not the maintenance or worry w/ beige
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2023, 12:56 PM   #2799
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
2130
Rep
12,418
Posts

Drives: Z4 M, 550i, X3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CT

iTrader: (96)

Garage List
Received my refurbished steering wheel from Royal and I have to say it was worth every dollar (or pound). Tried alcantara before but wanted something more OEM-ish. The perforated leather really enhances the look and feel.
Attached Images
  
__________________
Follow for latest mods

Last edited by 3002 tii; 06-04-2023 at 09:22 AM..
Appreciate 5
      06-02-2023, 03:24 PM   #2800
maupineda
Captain
United_States
398
Rep
915
Posts

Drives: E86 Z4MC
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Detroit, MI

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
Received my refurbished steering wheel from Royal and I have to say it was worth every dollar (or pound). Has alcantara before but wanted something more OEM-ish. The perforated leather really enhances the look and feel.
Hi, did they wrap over or removed the og wrap. Is the wheel rim any thicker?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2023, 04:30 PM   #2801
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
2130
Rep
12,418
Posts

Drives: Z4 M, 550i, X3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CT

iTrader: (96)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by maupineda View Post
Hi, did they wrap over or removed the og wrap. Is the wheel rim any thicker?
90% sure they did not wrap over existing, 10% unsure because they did such a good job I don’t see any trace of old leather exposed (or not without having to pull/pick at new leather).

The wheel does not feel any thicker but it feels heavier. But that could honestly be a placebo effect in trying to compare against something that is normally attached to car. It’s just when I pulled wheel off first time it felt pretty light compared to what I got back from Royal. Not sure if helpful…
Attached Images
   
__________________
Follow for latest mods
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2023, 09:49 AM   #2802
maupineda
Captain
United_States
398
Rep
915
Posts

Drives: E86 Z4MC
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Detroit, MI

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
90% sure they did not wrap over existing, 10% unsure because they did such a good job I don’t see any trace of old leather exposed (or not without having to pull/pick at new leather).

The wheel does not feel any thicker but it feels heavier. But that could honestly be a placebo effect in trying to compare against something that is normally attached to car. It’s just when I pulled wheel off first time it felt pretty light compared to what I got back from Royal. Not sure if helpful…
Any tips on how to remove trims, last time I tried and couldn’t avoid breaking to the point I had to buy new. Also, royale never came back to my email for quote. But I agree, the wheel looks fabulous in your photos
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 11:24 AM   #2803
07ImolaRot
Private
07ImolaRot's Avatar
United_States
93
Rep
89
Posts

Drives: 07 Z4M, 05 M3, 13 M3
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
New shoes, love my style 32’s but they unfortunately don’t clear the 996 Brembos I plan to put on, so needed something with better spoke clearance. Preference was to stick with OEM staggered setup (225/255) with slightly aggressive offsets.

F: 19x8.5 et27
R: 19x9.0 et29 + 15mm spacer

Currently on stock suspension / alignment but I plan to pull the pins and add some washers up front.
what wheels are those? so similar to OEM !
__________________
2007 Imola Red Z4M
2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 6MT
2013 Interlagos Blue M3 6MT ZCP CF roof
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 11:25 AM   #2804
07ImolaRot
Private
07ImolaRot's Avatar
United_States
93
Rep
89
Posts

Drives: 07 Z4M, 05 M3, 13 M3
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

I got a brand new OE steering wheel !


Name:  1 (1).jpg
Views: 340
Size:  159.9 KB
Appreciate 6
3002 tii2129.50
3798j9659.50
AK72283.00
CJW2OO4140.00
RvsBmw13.00
      06-05-2023, 11:49 AM   #2805
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
2130
Rep
12,418
Posts

Drives: Z4 M, 550i, X3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CT

iTrader: (96)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07ImolaRot View Post
what wheels are those? so similar to OEM !
They are style 641, which are not very common as it was marketed as the recommended OEM winter package for the F80 m3/4. The reason I like them is because as you noted, they’re similar in design to the 224s so it looks like an updated 19” version of the factory M wheels. And functionally, the winter wheel offsets tend to be slightly more conservative so they fit great on our cars and really address the weak-ish offsets on our factory fronts .

The 224s have grown on me over time but ultimately, I wanted something bigger to fill out the big brakes I have waiting to be installed so this was perfect for me.
__________________
Follow for latest mods
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2023, 11:55 AM   #2806
07ImolaRot
Private
07ImolaRot's Avatar
United_States
93
Rep
89
Posts

Drives: 07 Z4M, 05 M3, 13 M3
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
They are style 641, which are not very common as it was marketed as the recommended OEM winter package for the F80 m3/4. The reason I like them is because as you noted, they’re similar in design to the 224s so it looks like an updated 19” version of the factory M wheels. And functionally, the winter wheel offsets tend to be slightly more conservative so they fit great on our cars and really address the weak-ish offsets on our factory fronts .

The 224s have grown on me over time but ultimately, I wanted something bigger to fill out the big brakes I have waiting to be installed so this was perfect for me.
They look great ! Nice find. Style 326 from the E89 look similar as well
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 02:33 PM   #2807
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
2130
Rep
12,418
Posts

Drives: Z4 M, 550i, X3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CT

iTrader: (96)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07ImolaRot View Post
They look great ! Nice find. Style 326 from the E89 look similar as well
Agreed the 326 remind me of a cross between 641 and 351. Here’s a more close up photo of the 641 I found online.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Follow for latest mods

Last edited by 3002 tii; 06-05-2023 at 03:11 PM..
Appreciate 2
      06-09-2023, 11:12 AM   #2808
SteveC_AZ
Registered
8
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: BMW Z4
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Phoenix - West Valley

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
New set of plugs and coil packs.
Glad I did after seeing the old plugs.
15 years and 43k miles they definitely needed to go.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 2
      06-13-2023, 07:26 PM   #2809
MrFloorMan
eldortch
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: 03 Z4 2.5i
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. I purchased my 03 z4 last week. It had sat up about 7 years without running. After new platinum plugs, full synthetic oil change, thermostat, water pump, and rear brakes, she's on the road again. New issue to deal with is what I think is called sticky steering. The steering light is on when I start the car. As I start to drive, the steering kicks in, light goes off. Until the next time. Any help or advice you have is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2023, 08:53 AM   #2810
spielnicht
Petrolhead
spielnicht's Avatar
375
Rep
754
Posts

Drives: 14 550i / 08 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (3)

Car slowly going through interior transformation from beige to black (+ sport seats).

For now, switched out the stock steering wheel and shifter to new M parts.



Also just received my BlueBus and couldn't be happier with it. Love the integration and sound quality.

__________________
.
2008 Z4 3.0si 6MT / Stock (so far)
2011 Z4 35si (sold)
2014 550i / KWv3 / 343m / M5C X-Pipe & Mufflers / NBT Evo /
2017 MB GLC 300
Appreciate 3
      06-23-2023, 01:51 PM   #2811
HBC
Private
HBC's Avatar
Canada
124
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: 2006 Z4M
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Track pads (RP-1 front and bluestuff rears) finally...
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2023, 04:59 PM   #2812
E93Seattle (Racerbruce)
Second Lieutenant
E93Seattle (Racerbruce)'s Avatar
336
Rep
286
Posts

Drives: 2013 335is E93 & 2021 X3
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

greetings 3002

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
Agreed the 326 remind me of a cross between 641 and 351. Here’s a more close up photo of the 641 I found online.
the style 641's in 19" look incredible on your imola red z4mc - well done.

style 313's look somewhat similar and are very attractive:
http://www.bmwstylewheels.com/bmw/313

i am grateful my new ride has this specific rim - i love the thin spokes, double spokes, and very small hub/bolt center that allows "less is more" and reveals the rotors, etc:

Name:  Gig Harbor Sunrise Pic 2.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  1.44 MB
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2023, 11:08 PM   #2813
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
3002 tii's Avatar
United_States
2130
Rep
12,418
Posts

Drives: Z4 M, 550i, X3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CT

iTrader: (96)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E93Seattle (Racerbruce) View Post
the style 641's in 19" look incredible on your imola red z4mc - well done.

style 313's look somewhat similar and are very attractive:
http://www.bmwstylewheels.com/bmw/313

i am grateful my new ride has this specific rim - i love the thin spokes, double spokes, and very small hub/bolt center that allows "less is more" and reveals the rotors, etc:

Attachment 3212066
I love the 313s, one of my top 5 favorite OEM wheels. I had them on my old 135is. I would’ve gotten them for the M but the offsets don’t quite work.
__________________
Follow for latest mods
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2023, 11:13 PM   #2814
dre99gsx
Captain
470
Rep
884
Posts

Drives: 1994 Toyota Supra
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NJ

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
New shoes, love my style 32’s but they unfortunately don’t clear the 996 Brembos I plan to put on, so needed something with better spoke clearance. Preference was to stick with OEM staggered setup (225/255) with slightly aggressive offsets.

F: 19x8.5 et27
R: 19x9.0 et29 + 15mm spacer

Currently on stock suspension / alignment but I plan to pull the pins and add some washers up front.
Lookin good!
__________________
Appreciate 1
      06-24-2023, 05:40 AM   #2815
E93Seattle (Racerbruce)
Second Lieutenant
E93Seattle (Racerbruce)'s Avatar
336
Rep
286
Posts

Drives: 2013 335is E93 & 2021 X3
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
I love the 313s, one of my top 5 favorite OEM wheels. I had them on my old 135is. I would’ve gotten them for the M but the offsets don’t quite work.
thank you 3002,
you've had a set of 313's; were they 18 or 19's?

mine are 18's; i have read quite a few posts that the 313 19's were cracking @ rim areas; the supposition from the posts were from the run flats that are oem on many of the 335 series; as you know, run flats have a stiffer sidewall and are less forgiving and this + a 19 inch tire with very limited sidewall height = significant impact on rims during city driving (potholes, etc).

quite a few posts were from 335 e93 (retractable/hardtop) owners; the e93 option added appx 400 lbs to the car placing the 335is e93 (my car) @ 4,000 lbs....

i have not experienced any cracking on my 18's and (regrettably) still have run flats at this time.

were your 135is's rims 18 or 19?

the "is" series is pretty rare; tell me about your previous ride - would love to hear it.

regards
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2023, 08:19 AM   #2816
wdb
dances with roads
wdb's Avatar
4448
Rep
4,048
Posts

Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: the perimeter

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFloorMan View Post
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. I purchased my 03 z4 last week. It had sat up about 7 years without running. After new platinum plugs, full synthetic oil change, thermostat, water pump, and rear brakes, she's on the road again. New issue to deal with is what I think is called sticky steering. The steering light is on when I start the car. As I start to drive, the steering kicks in, light goes off. Until the next time. Any help or advice you have is appreciated.
Congratulations on your new ride! Sticky steering is a well known issue with the early cars. Search the forum and you'll find tons of information.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 AM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST