ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > Australia
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-22-2014, 09:46 PM   #1
Z4MC_Aust
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Spray Nozzle Cover ~ Went Missing.....

Hey guys,

I noticed the spray nozzle cover on my Z4M came off and went missing yesterday

I have done some research overnight and realised this has happened to owners in the US. I am curious if anyone in Aust have had the same issue and how did you go about it including finding a painted replacement part.

I rang BMW this morning and they quoted me $220 for a painted one for replacement.......not inexpensive at all for a small piece of plastic ~~

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 08:26 PM   #2
VMZ432
Fast Everything
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

It's happened to me twice over a period of years. Both times I replaced it via BMW. I don't think I paid as much as you, but it wasn't far off. Something like 170 I believe, but I'd have to pull some files to be at all sure (will do if you ask).

These days I don't use the water spray if the lights are on, as that is when I believe it gets flicked off. If it's night and I really need to spray the windscreen I'll pull over, turn off the lights, and then spray it. Since I adopted this habit I haven't lost one.

I have considered getting the headlight spray nozzle system taken out. It would make sure you never lost another cap, and save a tiny bit of weight (bonus!). I'll probably never get around to it, but if I ever lose one more cap I'll be so annoyed I'll probably rip them out myself.
Appreciate 0