ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > BMW Z4 Photos, Photoshops, Videos and other Media
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-30-2008, 05:02 PM   #23
peakpro
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ex-Z4; now looking

I'm not sure what you are looking for.

While you can give the dealer as much negative press as possible I don't see how this is different then buying any left over 07 in 08.

Who knows how many people sit in a car on the dealer over one year, how many joy rides, how many joy rides etc. You should have inspected the car more closely before signing the papers.

Not sure why this is still not considered new. As longs as you got a 4 year warranty and 4 year maintenance, get if fixed and move on.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 05:33 PM   #24
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I didn't get a 1,200 mile service....and I got lied to. I'll make another thread about it though.
///M car only!
      05-01-2008, 07:06 PM   #25
felix1k@yahoo.com
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4m Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP330 View Post
You bought a car and didn't properly inspect it.

'There's a sucker born every minute'
Yep I am a sucker for believing in honesty of a BMW dealer. I guess the company they represent speaks for itself!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2008, 08:05 PM   #26
epbrown
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe, Porsche Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix1k@yahoo.com View Post
Yep I am a sucker for believing in honesty of a BMW dealer. I guess the company they represent speaks for itself!
There's a phrase you may have heard: caveat emptor. Salespeople aren't honest by nature, you keep them honest by being on your guard.

As far as your lawsuit, I don't think you have a leg to stand on. They sold the car as new, and it was - it had never been registered, and you still have the full warranty. People sat it in prior to you owning it, some drove it? Tough, that's standard for buying a car off the lot. Someone on Bimmerfest remembers test driving my car before I bought it as well. Big deal.

You claim it was damaged and then repaired; that also happens to lots of cars during shipment. The dealer doesn't have to disclose the damage and/or repairs unless they exceed a specific amount (3% of the car's value - BMW v. Gore).

So, is there a quantifiable problem with the car? Or are you just creeped out someone might have farted in the seats before you did?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2008, 03:13 PM   #27
felix1k@yahoo.com
Rep

Follow up! Went and got and appraisal for the damages from a reputable BMW dealer. $10300in parts and $3600 in labor. Time to act if they dont cure the problem within the week. Letters will go out to several agencies. This is a fraud if I have ever seen one.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2008, 03:17 PM   #28
felix1k@yahoo.com
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by epbrown View Post
There's a phrase you may have heard: caveat emptor. Salespeople aren't honest by nature, you keep them honest by being on your guard.

As far as your lawsuit, I don't think you have a leg to stand on. They sold the car as new, and it was - it had never been registered, and you still have the full warranty. People sat it in prior to you owning it, some drove it? Tough, that's standard for buying a car off the lot. Someone on Bimmerfest remembers test driving my car before I bought it as well. Big deal.

You claim it was damaged and then repaired; that also happens to lots of cars during shipment. The dealer doesn't have to disclose the damage and/or repairs unless they exceed a specific amount (3% of the car's value - BMW v. Gore).

So, is there a quantifiable problem with the car? Or are you just creeped out someone might have farted in the seats before you did?
LOL how about $13700 in damages. This was done by a reputable BMW dealer. We went by the damage list and now we have well over 3% in damages. Sounds like you work for them LOL. And letter went out to AT Gen. office LOL. This is going to hurt, but I have nothing to loose. They dont want to take any actions. I will though.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2008, 04:09 PM   #29
epbrown
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe, Porsche Boxster S

Quote:
LOL how about $13700 in damages. This was done by a reputable BMW dealer. We went by the damage list and now we have well over 3% in damages.
This list of damages?

Quote:
First report listing the car going to NY Auto show in April 2007 with no damages and the second with a bunch of listed damages some which included side panel scratches , scuffed door panel, scratches underneath door panel , broken steering wheel tilt lever etc.
You've got $13,900 dollars worth of scuffs and scratches? Based on an estimate from someone that didn't look at the car, but based on a list your brought in. Yeah, their lawyers must be quaking.

Quote:
Sounds like you work for them LOL.
How keenly observant of you. One might wonder how someone so perceptive missed $14k worth of damage when he bought a car. El. Oh. El.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2008, 03:11 AM   #30
felix1k@yahoo.com
Rep

No need to display this anymore

Last edited by felix1k@yahoo.com; 05-13-2008 at 09:26 PM.. Reason: No need to display this anymore
Appreciate 0