ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-16-2024, 07:38 PM   #1
White_335I
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4

Help with diagnosing AC issues

Hello, I recently bought a 06 Z4 3.0i with the N52 engine. When I bought the car, AC was not working and the blower motor was not blowing enough air. I scanned (launch bi-directional scanner) IHKA for codes and found 2 codes. 1) Transport mode 2) Code related to pressure sensor.

With the scanner, I was able to activate the AC compressor and the compressor kicked in and blew cold air.

I deleted the transport mode and the blower motor started working. I then replaced the pressure sensor and was able to clear the code. However, AC is still not working. I then read the values using the scanner and noticed that the pressure sensor was reading 32.5 BAR which is over 400 PSI. I then connected the ac manifold guages and both low and high side were reading 100 PSI. I thought that the new pressure sensor was probably defective and replaced it with another pressure sensor. I still get the same reading 32.5 BAR.

Also, when I press the AC button, the fan runs at full speed which makes sense because the pressure sensor reading is so high. There is currently no freon in the system, so the pressure sensor shouldn't be reading 400 PSI.

Any guesses on why a pressure sensor defaults to 32.5 BAR and also does the pressure sensor sends the data to IHKA or DME?

I apologize for the lengthy post, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Abi