ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-09-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
zkeeper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 & 08 Z4 si

Cool Sprint Booster Question????

Just thot I would inquire if any of you have installed the SPRINT BOOSTER, the plug and play system that increases/changes the pedal response, instead of merely adding HP....mine is an 08 Z4si...already quite quick but it might be nice to have a liiiiiiittttttle less lag. I actually was wondering is:

A. it might induce computer issues in settings for motor with little lights going off crazy...

B. Or if it confuses the tech when any work is to be done....

Just checking in you all first...bests,

ML.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2010, 11:02 AM   #2
imz4n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 3,0 si TITANIUM SIlVER

IMHO, adding the sprint booster is something added to the car that when found by BMW will void your warranty. The sprint booster just fools the the cars ECO. Go with real software like Power Chip, not only will you get rid of the lag between mashing the gas pedal, you can get more hp and torque and delete the speed limiter all in one shot. I do not feel that BMW will down load your ECU and do a line for line comparison of the code. The 3.0 si is already a 3.0 on steroids, however mine is now smoking crack as well. Power Chip got me 7=8 more hp through the entire curve and 10 more Fp of torque and deleted the speed limiter. My car was dyno'd before and after and the butt dyno likes it.

Those without the Si motor ( 3.0 and a bit less for the 2.5 ) can get almost what the si has.

Real software is always better, IMHO
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
vachss
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by imz4n View Post
Power Chip got me 7=8 more hp through the entire curve and 10 more Fp of torque and deleted the speed limiter.
Sorry to threadjack, but can you post copies of your before/after dynos? I went the Gintani/OE route on software and would be interested in comparing results.

FWIW, in answer to the OP: the sprint booster does the same thing as the Sport Button - just remaps pedal throw vs. throttle response. A more cost effective version is probably the PBX piggyback chip from BMS, which at least provides several adjustable levels of throttle response and is claimed to produce a small power increase as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2010, 07:33 PM   #4
zkeeper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 & 08 Z4 si

Question

Thanks for these insights...yes was concerned about warranty issues. And yes, with Sport Button "ON" -- it remaps just fine. Was not sure about the additional plu/play Sprint Booster option. Hate to say this, but am not aware of source on Power Chip..and while it has done nice things to your si, does it then not have warranty issues? Can it not be detected as much as the SP.Boost plug in?? Trust these are not stupid questions, and thanks for any more reponses. If this si is at its very peak with the SButton, then so be it...I am quite content. Just curious about the above final issues, if anyone has the time to responds....bests all.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 01:46 PM   #5
SHEEDI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i - Sport PKG

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [8.50]
Hi All,
i have 2003 2.5i and as we all know it is the slowest Z in the family. so i am looking for mods to get more hP and Torque and more quick response and remove speed limiter. there are so many options available in the market but i am confused and scared to test everything. can somebody suggest what mods or performance chips and gas pedal booster will be good mods for my car?
my car is out of warrantry so no warranty issues beside that i dont want to damage anything in my car so i am not looking for very aggressive mods.

Thanks
Appreciate 0