ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-28-2021, 02:58 PM   #1
Peachy
Registered
Rep
Drives: E61, E85

E85 Flashing Light, hall sensors

Hi All

2004, E85

Yes I know this is an old subject, but in my defense, from a different angle.

So I have a flashing red light when I open the soft top roop saying it is incomplete, and the windows don't go up or the latches don't lock. I have read so many "fixes" for this but none describe my issue. The roof is working you just have to press the open button again to stop the motor.
There are two hall sensors on the near side of the roof frame, on my Z4 the lower one has detached itself, I can see it swinging around, just out of reach, it looks like it has been glued back on before.
My question is please, is there any way of getting to it without taking the roof off? Has anyone else had this issue?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 12:21 PM   #2
JAS1169
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2003 Z4

Peachy

I believe from your location that your located in the UK. If so, here is the Z4 forum for folks mainly in the UK. (this dosen't mean you have to be from the UK but, most posters are.) https://z4-forum.com/forum/index.php

Please repost your question on this Forum. In that, there are four or five fellows on it located all over the UK who will do Z4 roof repairs/motor relocate to trunk for very very reasonable fees. If you post here one of those guys should be able to do your repair for a reasonable fee.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 04:33 AM   #3
Peachy
Registered
Rep
Drives: E61, E85

Thank you
Appreciate 0