ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-14-2022, 06:16 PM   #1
E86Z4MC
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

OEM CSL Wheel Settings

I recently purchased OEM CSL wheels for my Z4M Coupe. I often hear about obtaining a CSL alignment, but I've had trouble finding proper documentation of what exactly that is.

Which tire size and tire pressures are recommended with this wheel/tire combo? Do I use air pressures on the door, or should I use those of an actual CSL? If yes, what are those values?

Where can I find the documented standard for setting up my vehicle with CSL alignment?

Where/how can I get such an alignment performed, assuming the stock z4m coupe alignment settings are considered 'out of spec'.

I have stock suspension.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 07:16 PM   #2
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
If all you're changing is wheels/tires, then you should just follow the Z4M alignment and tire pressure. Then adjust as it fit your usage. The e85/e86 suspension setup, track width, etc., are different from the CSL (e46 based), so you shouldn't try to duplicate the CSL alignment with just tires/wheels change.
      03-14-2022, 08:08 PM   #3
bwright657
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
+1 for stick with the stock Z4M alignment and make slight modifications from there if needed. I suspect the only thing you might need to change is camber, but even then it would depend on how you use the car. More camber up front if you live on the track. Maybe 0.5 degrees less if you're mainly driving on the street.