ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-20-2018, 01:15 PM   #1
Arsonism
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M Coupe

Problems with Status Gruppe

Has anyone encountered any problems in the past with Status Gruppe? I ordered a set of their headers and it seems like there’s been set back after set back and now they have failed to return my calls and the mailbox is full. Raises some red flags.

I’d just like to hear some other folks experiences before really passing some judgement here... I have to say my hopes were quite high for his product and I was really excited to see it on the car.
      06-20-2018, 02:19 PM   #2
rockstar93
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC; E92 M3

Garage List
Haven't dealt with them personally, but there's A LOT of feedback similar/exactly like yours on M3Forum.

Seems that while they ship a good product for a decent price, the process can take months and communication is not always the best. I know their last group buy (which a few Zpost members took part of) was a sh*t show and was months beyond the promised delivery dates, excuse after excuse.
E86 Z4M Coupe Interlagos Blue/Black
E92 M3 Coupe 6MT Interlagos Blue/Fox Red - Build Thread
Appreciate 1
Arsonism158.00
      06-20-2018, 04:04 PM   #3
Arsonism
Captain
United_States
Rep

I understand having set backs, but I think the communication is what makes me worry the most. I had a bunch of time to wait for the product and feel I’ve been decently patient with them (if anyone knows me from here it’s one of my strengths, even with car parts). It’s put me in a bind so I placed another order with Turner for some super sprints... I just don’t have any time left to wait for SG as I’ll only be home from my overseas tour in Africa for about a month or so before returning and I have to get the car inspected. I wish the situation was different.

I’m sorry to hear that there have been issues in the past, I probably should have looked up more threads in regards to the company on different forum boards. I just didn’t think to look past the mostly positive reports here on ZPOST. I wish I could hold out longer.

I appreciate the Intel rockstar.
      06-20-2018, 04:57 PM   #4
Z4M_Coupe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Nothing new with SG.. took them over a month to reply after ordering a engine cover and tell me "it's not in stock" after that another month passed still nothing. Cancelled it and purchased elsewhere..
Appreciate 1
Arsonism158.00
      07-09-2018, 10:51 PM   #5
Cyclops
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 E91 328i & 07 E86 M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsonism View Post
Has anyone encountered any problems in the past with Status Gruppe? I ordered a set of their headers and it seems like there’s been set back after set back and now they have failed to return my calls and the mailbox is full. Raises some red flags.

I’d just like to hear some other folks experiences before really passing some judgement here... I have to say my hopes were quite high for his product and I was really excited to see it on the car.
I ordered headers from them on the Group Buy from hell. Updates were next to non existent, emails and PMs not returned, phone always went to VM and when they did answer was constantly strung along. To save face and make things right they offered ceramic coating at 1/2 the price but I think the guy that coated mine must of been 1/2 blind because they missed the under section. I just gave up, will never buy SGT (Status Gruppe Tuning) products ever!

Name:  20180127_163414 (2).jpg
Views: 363
Size:  201.6 KB
2007 #1432 ///M Coupe Silver Gray - KW V3 Coilovers - AFE Intake - Strong-Strut Brace - Status Grupee Headers - Super Sprint Race Exhaust & Xpipe - 19" Avant Garde M359 - Stoptech 380 6 pot BBK - EPIC Motorsports Tuning ////////////2009 328xi M-Tech E91 manual 6spd

- Instagram ->@e91kiter
Appreciate 1
Arsonism158.00
      07-10-2018, 08:48 AM   #6
rockstar93
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC; E92 M3

Garage List
Looks like they're back in the spotlight again. Buying a $180 'eBay' bumper and reselling it for $600.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=599868
E86 Z4M Coupe Interlagos Blue/Black
E92 M3 Coupe 6MT Interlagos Blue/Fox Red - Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 10:24 AM   #7
bananabun
Captain
Rep
Drives: E86 M, E92 M

I was also part of the shitty GB but thankfully backed out when we stopped receiving updates about 3 weeks in. Hate it when business go silent and do not have a dedicated customer service setup.

Am now rocking a set of genuine CSL headers with the Swain tech coating. Couldn't be better!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 07:00 AM   #8
Arsonism
Captain
United_States
Rep

I appreciate it everyone.

It's unfortunate that it comes down to this, I really believed in their company and their products. I was very excited to try to get this installed on the Z. I went with some SuperSprint headers instead (purchased through Turner), they should be showing up today and installed later this week.

I truly had high hopes for this outcome several months ago, but I've paid the price in my time at home (between deployments) for thinking it wasn't something that was too good to be true.