ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-23-2007, 04:10 PM   #23
Aebous
The Rambler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 3.0l Z4 sports package

Oh a question on the exhausts, with Einesmann exhaust is that from the headers back or just replacing the muffler? And uhm which one is for the 3.0l z4? I don't know the whole e codes and such, which i'm sure if I searched I could find the answer :P

I probably will do red/white tailights and probably the roundels too sometime soon. Is it just the lenses I replace or the whole light assembly?

I really should lift the car and see if the previous owner did anything underneath. But i'm doubting it as the air filter appears to be a stock one.
      07-23-2007, 04:55 PM   #24
IQ-Man
Beer Engineer
Germany
Rep
Drives: Z4 supercharged, Movit Brakes

you can get everything you want from eisenmann. usually it's only the last muffler. but there are different sound levels. "sound", "supersound" and "export". supersound is a good one. export is very noisy. called "export" cause they are not permitted in germany. but sounds great it's almost so loud like my one will try to make some sound samples the next days...

www.Z4Racing.de
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2007, 04:59 PM   #25
IQ-Man
Beer Engineer
Germany
Rep
Drives: Z4 supercharged, Movit Brakes

by the way. it's not needed to change the complete exhaust. if you cut off the last muffler.... whoaa... thats infernal noise! the right muffler (or no muffler)... and you're a lucky girl

www.Z4Racing.de
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 02:29 AM   #26
soeharyo
lettuce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

thanks a lot, Blaine
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 06:46 PM   #27
155MPH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 sDrive28i M Performance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by em2b96p View Post
carmax is where i got my z as well. ive noticed they do not clean out the interior at all. they just do a quick wash and ill be surprized if they actually use carwash soap. seems to me they cut lots of corners. they told me there was no instructin manual but i found it under he driver seat allong with a motel roomkey and a genesis CD. also the right cupholder was broken. They claim a 100+ point inspection? hmmmm although i cant complain because i did get a great price on the z. about 5k below msrp

oh and their "carfax" is crap becuse it showed a clean accident record. but upon closer inspection at home ive noticed a new right grill, paint overspray on the right foglight, headlight, inner fender trim, and right trunk arm.

have fun with your Z im sure if you look hard enough you will also find hidden treasure the pervious owner and carmax forgot to take out
Wow, doesn't carfax have a guarantee? Can you go after them?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2007, 01:53 PM   #28
Aebous
The Rambler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 3.0l Z4 sports package

Carmax has a 30 day gaurentee if i'm reading my papers correctly. They'll fix anything you find for 30 days. The trick is just getting to them, one guy who bought a truck says you have to make an appointment, which is easy, except for us. We work an early afternoon shift and carmax is a ways away with traffic an all that.