ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-21-2021, 12:42 PM   #1
miercoles
Registered
Rep
Drives: toyota

E39 Cruise Control in E85

Hello there,
my Z4 (E85, 3.0si, 2006, USA) has an original Cruise Control module, but it does not work. Has not worked since I bought the car 9 years ago, and I was troubleshooting it occasionally, when I had time.
I managed to verify that all the cables are properly connected to the engine module (through one black-box), and I have also checked that the whole CC module is in fact contained in the switch, directly at the steering wheel stalk.
The power and ground signals are properly connected and when diagnosing, the computer states a timeout when trying to communicate with the CC module.

I got used to not having a CC for so many years, but I wanted to express my warm emotions to my car and repair the CC. I am hesitating with buying a new module (around 160 USD including taxes in Poland) and I was wondering if the part from E39 would work. The E85 part (61316940989) superseeds the one from the E39 (61316920716), which means that the one from the E85 can be used as a replacement for the E39 one. But should I expect the E39 one to work in the E85 too? Seems very similar and costs way less!
Appreciate 0