ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-16-2021, 05:54 PM   #1
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
BlueBus Bluetooth solution

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None
Shipping Costs Included

Item Interest
BlueBus, new-in-box, plus TCU adapter. Never installed. I've decided to continue to rock with my iPhone via aux input as my desired source of tunes.

Currently no stock at BlueBus, looks like late Feb before they'll be shipping again. $250 covers my cost and I'll include Priority Mail shipping at that price.

Product details here:
https://www.bluebus.dev

PM me for my PayPal address.

Attached Images

01-16-2021, 07:29 PM   #2
Angelito
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E86 Z4MC, 05 E46 330i

I'll take it, PM coming!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 11:32 PM   #3
c41250n
Private
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe

Only if i haven’t bought mine yet, I would have jump on this!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 10:39 AM   #4
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Sale pending
      01-17-2021, 03:08 PM   #5
maupineda
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC

BB is awesome! I would not want to go back to Aux after having experienced the BB. I see you sold it already, but was going to say you should keep it
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 12:23 PM   #6
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by maupineda View Post
BB is awesome! I would not want to go back to Aux after having experienced the BB. I see you sold it already, but was going to say you should keep it
I can always add one later. If he adds SD card support I'd be on it like a hobo on a ham sandwich.
      04-09-2021, 11:31 AM   #7
t3ddftw
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
I can always add one later. If he adds SD card support I'd be on it like a hobo on a ham sandwich.
Man, SD Cards? Is it 2010? :P

I don't have any plans of ever adding SD Card or USB support -- it's just too much of a hassle for very little functionality gain :/.

Thanks for the input, though!
-Ted
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 01:09 PM   #8
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ddftw View Post

I don't have any plans of ever adding SD Card or USB support -- it's just too much of a hassle for very little functionality gain :/.

-Ted
Very little functionality? My entire 350-album music collection, exported from iTunes, on a $15 card. In my VW, it's pure bliss, and zero hassle to navigate.

Speaking of old technology - my incoming 2021 M2 Comp still has a 200gb spinning Toshiba hard drive in the head unit. In 2021. Granted it was designed about 4-5 years ago, but even then? Why not some sort of solid state storage? Boggles the mind.
      04-09-2021, 11:56 PM   #9
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Very little functionality? My entire 350-album music collection, exported from iTunes, on a $15 card. In my VW, it's pure bliss, and zero hassle to navigate.

Speaking of old technology - my incoming 2021 M2 Comp still has a 200gb spinning Toshiba hard drive in the head unit. In 2021. Granted it was designed about 4-5 years ago, but even then? Why not some sort of solid state storage? Boggles the mind.
Agreed - I think VAG have the best setup these days. Our S3 have a built-in 40GB hard drive for the "Jukebox" function, doesn't your Golf R have the same? Regardless of the built-in HD, I still load up all of my albums onto the SD cards (there are 2 slots in our setup), just like you

BTW, some of us would rather free up our phone's storage for photos. The lack of SD or USB support from BlueBus was the main reason that I stayed with my GROM unit.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 01:47 AM   #10
p4ddY
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: E84 3.0l N52

For me SD or USB support would be pretty much the least needed feature - who is even using music files (like mp3) in 2021??
Bluetooth integration via BlueBus is simply perfect. I stream all my music & also gain the perfect integration of handsfree phone usage.
      04-10-2021, 08:55 AM   #11
maupineda
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

-Ted
Your product is perfect, well almost, and you know the one missing thing is get the hatch to unlock when turning off the engine 🤬

JK, awesome, but seriously help out the tiny coupe community with this enhancement! It is really needed on real life!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 01:59 PM   #12
maximumdb
Rep
Drives: BMW X-3, 528i, Z4M, Mazdaspeed

Reasons someone might want to use solid state storage of some type:

1: Regularly go on long drives through mountainous country with no cell service, or spotty cell service.
2: Prefer uncompressed, or very lightly compressed music files; particularly useful with upgraded car stereo, and when the car itself isn't growling and crackling. I can easily hear the difference between highly compressed (many download services) and uncompressed files.
3: Enjoy extensive playlists, sometimes matched to the area we are driving in.
4: Already own thousands and thousands of albums on CD or HDCD, or even High Quality downloaded files.
Just food for thought: the mere fact that downloads are crushing CD sales, does not automatically make streaming services better in every way.
Happy driving and happy listening!
Appreciate 1
XMetal1134.50
      04-15-2021, 07:00 PM   #13
jimmi1977
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximumdb View Post

1: Regularly go on long drives through mountainous country with no cell service, or spotty cell service.
Yup. Besides I only have 2 gigs of data because I don't even use it. For my Z4M usage, 2gb should be enough. But then I have to pay for some streaming service (no need before)

Quote:
3: Enjoy extensive playlists, sometimes matched to the area we are driving in.
4: Already own thousands and thousands of albums on CD or HDCD, or even High Quality downloaded files.
Haha my misuc collection is already around 100gb, 320kbit's mp3 or better.

Why would I bother to stream?

I got bluebus because of better audio quality for BT calls. Not because it supports streaming. But to each his own, I guess.

As a side note to the developer of bluebus, please add USB drive support. SD card is too small and finicky to insert. So I would prefer actual USB drive. They are as cheap as SD cards these days but easier to insert.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 07:38 PM   #14
t3ddftw
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Sorry guys, I guess I forgot to subscribe to the thread so I haven't seen any of the updates come through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maupineda View Post
Your product is perfect, well almost, and you know the one missing thing is get the hatch to unlock when turning off the engine 🤬

JK, awesome, but seriously help out the tiny coupe community with this enhancement! It is really needed on real life!
Haha, I'll get there in .18

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
Agreed - I think VAG have the best setup these days. Our S3 have a built-in 40GB hard drive for the "Jukebox" function, doesn't your Golf R have the same? Regardless of the built-in HD, I still load up all of my albums onto the SD cards (there are 2 slots in our setup), just like you

BTW, some of us would rather free up our phone's storage for photos. The lack of SD or USB support from BlueBus was the main reason that I stayed with my GROM unit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi1977 View Post
Yup. Besides I only have 2 gigs of data because I don't even use it. For my Z4M usage, 2gb should be enough. But then I have to pay for some streaming service (no need before)

Haha my misuc collection is already around 100gb, 320kbit's mp3 or better.

Why would I bother to stream?

I got bluebus because of better audio quality for BT calls. Not because it supports streaming. But to each his own, I guess.

As a side note to the developer of bluebus, please add USB drive support. SD card is too small and finicky to insert. So I would prefer actual USB drive. They are as cheap as SD cards these days but easier to insert.

I appreciate the feedback! However, not only would I have to add a USB port to the unit, but I would also have to add an MP3 decoder capable of outputting S/PDIF. This means changing the board layout to accommodate new components, writing the software to manage the new functions, creating prototypes, testing them, and then altering the design of the case to accommodate the USB port and new size of the unit. This equates to a ton of time and money to add a feature that I never intended to develop. For those reasons, it is unfortunately not going to happen.

However, you guys can always upload music to your devices directly, or even download playlists to your devices locally. If you really want to have your music on a USB stick, every USB-C equipped Android phone is capable of supporting an OTG adapter which allows you to run a flash drive directly off your phone: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072V9CNTK/

It's not particularly attractive, but it solves your use case

-Ted
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 10:47 PM   #15
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Quote:
I appreciate the feedback! However, not only would I have to add a USB port to the unit, but I would also have to add an MP3 decoder capable of outputting S/PDIF. This means changing the board layout to accommodate new components, writing the software to manage the new functions, creating prototypes, testing them, and then altering the design of the case to accommodate the USB port and new size of the unit. This equates to a ton of time and money to add a feature that I never intended to develop. For those reasons, it is unfortunately not going to happen.

However, you guys can always upload music to your devices directly, or even download playlists to your devices locally. If you really want to have your music on a USB stick, every USB-C equipped Android phone is capable of supporting an OTG adapter which allows you to run a flash drive directly off your phone: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072V9CNTK/

It's not particularly attractive, but it solves your use case

-Ted
Understood - I'm just glad we still have developers like yourself that are still investing your times and efforts into bringing our platform up to date! Keep up the good work
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 07:44 AM   #16
maupineda
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Haha, I'll get there in .18

-Ted
Ted, thanks... let me add here too a bit of real-world usage and user experience. I just drove 1900 miles and the blue bus worked flawlessly over the entire trip, I have Fords in my household, and the sync is not as neat in terms of responsiveness and quality of streaming. the BB made the trip so much better with non-stop music, which is needed during so many hours of driving, also the BB connects to the car in no time, and again, much faster than on other late models... thumbs up big time

Now, back to my request, over the trip, as you can expect, I had to do multiple stops for refueling, getting things out of the trunk, etc. I can tell you it became actually annoying and frustrating getting off the car just to realize the trunk was closed, then go back and click on the central locking switch, or pull the key from the ignition altogether to use the fob, I know this is more of a user fault, but psychologically the unlocking when the ignition goes off tricks your mind so you don't recall to get the key with you or open the trunk, or click the central locking, so it is absolutely needed on the Z4, more so that since you have no storage inside you resort to the trunk way more than in a normal car.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 01:03 PM   #17
cobe24g@gmail.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5

Hi! Did you sell it already?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 10:46 AM   #18
klausfelix
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 GTR

- Regularly go on long drives through mountainous country with no cell service, or spotty cell service.

- Prefer uncompressed, or very lightly compressed music files; particularly useful with upgraded car stereo, and when the car itself isn't growling and crackling.

I can easily hear the difference between highly compressed (many download services) and uncompressed files.

- Enjoy extensive playlists, sometimes matched to the area we are driving in.

- Already own thousands and thousands of albums on CD or HDCD, or even High Quality downloaded files.

Just food for thought:

the mere fact that downloads are crushing CD sales, does not automatically make streaming services better in every way.