ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-14-2021, 04:45 PM   #1
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

For Sale: DKF Section 1

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
For Z4M.
- DKF Section 1 with approximately 14k miles on it.
- Brand new resonators
- 100 cell cats with approximately 2k miles on them
- 300 cell cats with approximately 12k miles on them
- V-bands

Condition:
- Some oxidation visible on the S1 pipes and both sets of cats.
- One scrape area on the S1 pipes.
- Some interesting flash on the 100 cell cats - I would remove them with a file before installing, personally.
- No dents anywhere

Prefer local pickup due to weight/size, but I can ship to the continental US.
$800.

Last edited by Reborn_; 05-22-2021 at 08:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 04:46 PM   #2
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep

more pics

Last edited by Reborn_; 05-22-2021 at 08:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 12:08 AM   #3
ChaoChow
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M

If I install these and catless headers, can I plug in my o2 and egt sensors into the bungs on this to avoid a check engine light and pass emissions?
Appreciate 1
David701567.00
      01-22-2021, 12:30 AM   #4
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Skyer Z4MR

Interested.. pm incoming..

FB Group-- > fb.com/groups/z4group
Instagram --> @Skyermotorsport
FB Page-- > fb.com/Skyermotorsport
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 11:19 AM   #5
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoChow View Post
If I install these and catless headers, can I plug in my o2 and egt sensors into the bungs on this to avoid a check engine light and pass emissions?
You can plug your sensors in. If you run resonators (i.e. no cats anywhere), you will have a check engine light (CEL) unless you take additional steps. If you run high flow cats, it seems to be hit or miss whether you will have a CEL or not. I did have the CEL on with the 300 cell cats and euro (catless) headers. I have a tune as well which impacts these things. Basically, YMMV for whether you will get a CEL.

I don't know anything about TX emissions to comment - I'm actually surprised you need to worry about it at all - I thought TX was similar to FL (no emissions whatsoever).

I can tell you that in CA, any version of this setup will technically fail the visual inspection, and a CEL, if present, is definitely going to be a fail.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 11:37 AM   #6
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

great to see some of these still in use.
They are becoming unicorns

GLWS
Appreciate 1
Reborn_298.00
      01-30-2021, 08:39 PM   #7
RossBMWZseries
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 328i LCI & '06 Z4MR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn_ View Post
You can plug your sensors in. If you run resonators (i.e. no cats anywhere), you will have a check engine light (CEL) unless you take additional steps. If you run high flow cats, it seems to be hit or miss whether you will have a CEL or not. I did have the CEL on with the 300 cell cats and euro (catless) headers. I have a tune as well which impacts these things. Basically, YMMV for whether you will get a CEL.

I don't know anything about TX emissions to comment - I'm actually surprised you need to worry about it at all - I thought TX was similar to FL (no emissions whatsoever).

I can tell you that in CA, any version of this setup will technically fail the visual inspection, and a CEL, if present, is definitely going to be a fail.

I’m from TX and also running this set up of catless headers with DKF S Pipe (300 cell cats for now but installing the resonators as soon as I get home in April).

We do have emissions in TX but nothing like CA. Most State inspection shops in TX won’t even open your hood, and if they do, they can’t see what’s underneath. Now, there was ONE TIME they went underneath the car and asked me if I was running catless exhaust. I said no because technically, 300 cell cats ARE cats and that was enough for them to move forward. I don’t have a tune so my check engine light is always on. Nobody has ever questioned me on the light itself but if they do, I’ll blame it on whatever else I can think of that does not affect emissions. They’re very lenient so I wouldn’t worry about this being an issue.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2021, 12:40 AM   #8
ChaoChow
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossBMWZseries View Post
I’m from TX and also running this set up of catless headers with DKF S Pipe (300 cell cats for now but installing the resonators as soon as I get home in April).

We do have emissions in TX but nothing like CA. Most State inspection shops in TX won’t even open your hood, and if they do, they can’t see what’s underneath. Now, there was ONE TIME they went underneath the car and asked me if I was running catless exhaust. I said no because technically, 300 cell cats ARE cats and that was enough for them to move forward. I don’t have a tune so my check engine light is always on. Nobody has ever questioned me on the light itself but if they do, I’ll blame it on whatever else I can think of that does not affect emissions. They’re very lenient so I wouldn’t worry about this being an issue.
Thanks for the heads up. I was worried about emissions.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 11:14 AM   #9
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep

bump. still available.
Appreciate 0