ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
polar
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: Z4MC07

Hello!

I've just successfully (at the first attempt!) deleted my old phone and then paired my new (Iphone 4s) via Bluetooth in my Z4M -07.
...or so i thought. The phone book shows up in the screen and all but I get this funky beat from the kick panel speaker (hands free?) after the engine is started. Its like a lowrange pop every 10 second.
I fiddled around a bit and found out that restarting the engine or turning BT of and on on the iphone solves the problem. But after the car has been off for a while the pop is back...
Does anyone know what this problem is due to and/or how it can be solved? (Other than turning BT off and on all the time...)

FYI the car comes right out of 6 mounths of winter storage in a tempered garage and the battery has been disconnected all that time. No problem with BT before the Iphone.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
RichardP
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E39 M5 & M6 Gran Coupe

Garage List
2013 BMW M6 Gran Coupe  [10.00]
1980 E26  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [10.00]
It sounds like the phone is pairing and then dropping out again continually. Try deleting all SMS messages from the phone. If that does not work, try deleting all you contacts and then slowly add them again - I think the iPhone has an option to sync some contacts and not others, if so set them all to not sync to start with.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #3
polar
Private
Sweden
Rep

Thx for your reply.

You can do some different settings in the phones BT menue. You can choose to sync "favourites", "lates calls", "all contacts" and "no contacts".
First I tried to have all sync options off with BT on when starting the car, that worked. This means there is no contacts in the navscreen.
It worked well to start the sync on the phone at this point when the engine is running. There's no pop and all contacts show up on the nav screen.
Then I tryed to start the car with BT sync option "all contacts" on and that worked also fine at first. I drove around for a while and stopped at a place. When I started again, the pop was back... This is really strange and annoying

18" Arc-8 - Michelin Cup2 - KW V3 - GC camberplates - RE trans mounts - VT engine mounts - Vorshlag RTAB shims - RPi - stubby - CDV del
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 10:36 PM   #4
Denton
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11.5 328xiT/6 - '99 M3/2/5

Not that this helps or makes you feel better but my 4s works with my 2007 nav Z. Sorry that you're having issues!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #5
polar
Private
Sweden
Rep

No, that doesnt help, more than that now I know it should work.

The problem may be due to the 1500+ phone numbers in the memory?
Perhaps there is a limit in the car?
Appreciate 0