ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 27 BMWs...and counting

Garage List
Post FS: 2006 BMW Z4 M Coupé - Sepang Bronze Metallic

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
CAR IS SOLD!

Well, the sad time has come for me to list my M Coupé. My wife and I are trying to regroup our finances as part of a new debt free game plan (novel idea I know), and unfortunately, the toys are at the top of the chopping block list. Already sold off my two motorcycles and other goodies, so now it's time for the Z4MC. I bought this car exactly 1 year ago, to replace my '09 E92 M3 DCT coupe. Before that I had a '08 6 spd E92 M3 coupe, and before that, a minty '97 850Ci. I've just been buying and selling my BMW dream cars over the years, looking for that magic combination of performance, looks, practicality, and exclusivity. The M coupe was it for me. I planned on keeping this car forever. With some new opportunities presenting themselves, I now have to do the right thing and pass this beauty on to the next caring owner. That is why I have chosen to list the car here on ZPOST, before going to any public used car outlets. I have over 150 pictures available of the car and will post the link when I can get that sorted out on Photobucket. I have included some photos here as well, and I intend on updating the thread as needed, when questions/pic requests come up. I can also make a walk around/startup video if need be.

The Car:
  • 2006 BMW Z4 M Coupé
  • VIN (FULL VIN UPON REQUEST, BUT CHASSIS # BELOW)
  • Chassis LL93019
  • Sepang Bronze Metallic (A32) over Light Sepang extended leather (LTA8)
  • OEM Navigation
  • Aluminum trim (has been recently recovered with 3M DiNoc CF)
  • Early production 'press car' with almost every option (NOT an M school car)
  • First registered in New Jersey (BMW headquarters), then lived most of its life in Texas, and in Arizona the last 1 year (garaged!)
  • MSRP: $58,070
  • Mfg. date: 04/19/2006
  • In service date: 05/08/2006
  • Retail date: 12/18/2006
  • Mileage as purchased: 27,191 miles
  • Mileage as of today: 31,165 miles
  • Last oils/fluids/plugs service: 10/13/2012 (30,000 miles)

Factory Options:
  • Premium package (ZPP)
  • Xenon headlights (auto)
  • Navigation
  • Heated seats
  • Extended leather
  • Factory alarm pre-wire, and then OEM alarm installed at some point
  • Air conditioning
  • Cruise control
  • Headlight washer system
  • Hifi system professional (dual subwoofers)
  • Auto-dimming mirror with Homelink buttons, rain sensor and clown nose (not a normal Z4 mirror BTW)
  • Power seats with 3 pos. memory for driver
  • Smokers package (car is a non-smoker's car!)
  • CD changer prep

Modifications/Upgrades:
  • All 4 reflectors replaced with IND body color painted OEM reflectors
  • Body colored front grills (also IND)
  • All aluminum trim (and door pulls) covered in 3M DiNoc faux carbon fiber
  • Full interior (and license plate light) converted LED using Zisa kit
  • SOS switch replaced with manual switch for center compartment LED light
  • iPod connection (came with car, don't know much about it)
  • Updated to latest Nav firmware and ///M logo splash screen (no new maps though)

Here are some general pics, and here is the link to all the photos:
http://s71.photobucket.com/user/cham...Z4%20M%20Coupe

Please PM me for more info and for my email address for continuing communication.

Thanks!

Last edited by Chamberlin; 08-24-2013 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

you've captured the color well
      05-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #3
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZStig View Post
you've captured the color well
Thanks ZStig - it's a tough color that's for sure! You can see the variation in all the photos I took.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 06:20 PM   #4
Rated M Roadster
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, i3, Z4M

Sooo tempting...

CURRENT ll F10 M5 l E85 Z4MR l I01 i3 REX
SOLD ll E70 X5M l E85 Z4MR VF570 l E36/7 Z3MR l E36 328i
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
Jroc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

It does not get any better than this.
      05-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #6
strokeoluck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M roadster

Dare I say this might be the most exhaustive description ever on this board?! Well done. And the pics are terrific. When you said it needed a good waxing I was expecting something else - not what you've shown. I may sell my Z4MR next Summer when my daughter starts driving (thinking of letting her have the third stall, instead of the Z4 baby) and you've created a great "for sale" template. Plus, I hope you get that price! ;-)
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #7
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated M Roadster View Post
Sooo tempting...
Do it!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 08:55 PM   #8
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
STUNNING!
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-Euro headers-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap with O2 and EGT delete-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert spec settings
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 10:49 PM   #9
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokeoluck View Post
Dare I say this might be the most exhaustive description ever on this board?! Well done. And the pics are terrific. When you said it needed a good waxing I was expecting something else - not what you've shown. I may sell my Z4MR next Summer when my daughter starts driving (thinking of letting her have the third stall, instead of the Z4 baby) and you've created a great "for sale" template. Plus, I hope you get that price! ;-)
Thank you sir! I really appreciate the good words all you guys. The car is shiny and looks new, but I know that it could use a professional wax job. I found some *microscopic* evidence of old wax around the emblems and such, so it has been waxed at some point in its life. Usually on cars that are waxed regularly though, you will see a lot of white residue on black trim pieces; I just don't see that on this car. Re. price: I've been following the sales of as many M coupes as I can find over the past 3 months so I feel I have a solid understanding of the current coupe market, and I think I've priced this car correctly given the mileage, options, extras, rarity, desirability; all balanced with real-world expectations. Again thanks for the compliments on the car and the for sale post...been working on it in my head for weeks, and spent basically all this weekend prepping the car, taking photos, and writing this up! My wife was confounded at how long it's taken me to get the nerve to sell it, and further dazed on how much time I've taken to actually list the darn thing! I think it's hard for wives to fully grasp the emotional bond guys have with their autos
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 11:20 PM   #10
strokeoluck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M roadster

You should also be commended on your efforts to go more debt free. If only the other 98% of Americans could be so bold!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 11:06 AM   #11
TCZ4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i Convertible

Beautiful car. A great thorough and detailed write up. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #12
duncankc
Registered
Rep
Drives: soon to be Z4M coupe

Sir,

Very nice vehicle. I have been E86 shopping for a few months now and definitely prefer sepang bronze though I am still deliberating how important the color is to me. Black examples seem to list about 3-5k cheaper than other colors, all other factors equal.

You mentioned that your car was a press car which is a red flag to me. I am imagining every car review writer on the east coast flogging this car (and before the break in period is over at that). I realize that there were other owners before you but can you help me to understand what the car was used for during this time?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #13
ANUSTART
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4

Absolutely stunning. Wish I were in the market.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #14
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Hi and thanks for the interest in the coupe-

Not much more I can add to your assumptions about the press car prep. I honestly have no idea what the car was used for during its initial days as a super model . It could have been spiritedly driven by automotive writers, or simply been shuffled around in an enclosed trailer going from auto show to auto show. I do have photos of some of the original Sepang press cars (auto show displays and factory photos), but I can't definitively connect my car with any of them. If you are really curious, maybe a call to BMWNA might be of some help, but I doubt they are going to have all the records as to how the car was driven, who drove it, and for what purpose. All I can say, is that the car is in great shape, was eventually CPO'd by BMW, and has been happily driven by at least 3 other owners since its BMW tenure (including me). Thankfully, my sources have all but guaranteed me that this was *not* a BMW M School car (to which there were quite a few M coupes involved). Had this car been truly 'flogged' (as you say) as part of the M School program, I definitely would not have purchased the car, at least not at the premium price I paid. BTW, I can also put you in touch with the BMW dealership in Texas that I bought the car from, and they may be able to provide more background for you....but I am guessing they know even less than I do on it, as they probably only dealt with the last owner before me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncankc View Post
Sir,

Very nice vehicle. I have been E86 shopping for a few months now and definitely prefer sepang bronze though I am still deliberating how important the color is to me. Black examples seem to list about 3-5k cheaper than other colors, all other factors equal.

You mentioned that your car was a press car which is a red flag to me. I am imagining every car review writer on the east coast flogging this car (and before the break in period is over at that). I realize that there were other owners before you but can you help me to understand what the car was used for during this time?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #15
DanFromTucson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Did you buy this from BMW of Austin last year? I work near there, and I drove by several times to drool over the car. It's beautiful. I couldn't justify trading in mine just to get extended leather and Sepang paint, but I sure wanted to!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #16
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanFromTucson
Did you buy this from BMW of Austin last year? I work near there, and I drove by several times to drool over the car. It's beautiful. I couldn't justify trading in mine just to get extended leather and Sepang paint, but I sure wanted to!
Yes indeed that is my car! it came from BMW of Austin.... I am pretty sure it was exactly one year ago this week. seems like you are local to me, do you want a second shot at it? LOL
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #17
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep

Garage List
thanks for all of your interest guys- don't want to Autotrader this car- keep the PMs coming.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #18
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Price reduction update. I've put the OEM wheels back on to the car, and removed just a few of the little bits to compensate.

Just drove the car for a 226 mile highway trip just to keep things in shape. This car runs flawlessly. AC is ice cold! Need the garage space, car is ready for a new owner!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 09:54 PM   #19
seank
enthusiast
Rep
Drives: e30 m3,e90 wagon,sprinter,z4m

How has this car not sold? Definitely one of the more classy/timeless combos.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 10:17 PM   #20
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks a lot Sean - I haven't been bumping the thread lately, due to vacations etc... but I have had 4 serious offers on the car this month alone, one of which is still on the table.....I'm just holding out for the right buyer/price point.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 12:18 AM   #21
seank
enthusiast
Rep
Drives: e30 m3,e90 wagon,sprinter,z4m

You should get what your asking.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 08:16 AM   #22
avsbmw
Captain
Rep