ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Suspension and Braking Chat
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-22-2021, 06:04 PM   #1
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Riding too High in the Sky?!?

Changed everything in the front for the suspension including tie rods etc. I also did the back but shocks only. Both the front and the rear have the original springs since they still look perfect.

This thing is riding in the sky now. 1.5 inches higher. I figured this would be the case since I used B4 instead of B6 or B8s. I wanted a softer and higher ride since I drive this puppy anywhere our hearts take us...places every one would cringe at. These are quite capable cars I can say for a fact.

Now my issue, the front seems decently higher than the back. Could this be because I didn't change any bushings in the rear out? I have all the parts but I've run out of steam and will hire it out.

The ride is immensely better, the wife was much pleased with the difference. Handling seems tighter than I've experienced in either of my z4s, can't wait till the alignment is done tomorrow so I can go on a longer drive. I fully expect to see a nice time reduction on AutoX this year to boot.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 07:57 AM   #2
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

You might want to give the car a couple weeks to settle. Usually this has more to do with shocks but maybe also springs? That said usually shocks don't affect ride height that much from my experience.

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 09:52 AM   #3
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Shocks shouldn't effect ride height at all,unless you have pneumatic shocks? Or a fancy hydrolic height adjusting shock,range rover or low rider style.
In the basic OEM setup we have on the z4, ride height is set by the spring.