ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-27-2024, 08:52 PM   #6909
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
17488
Rep
18,829
Posts

Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
No one is suggesting all carbon dioxide be removed from the atmosphere. Showing ways to reduce co2 in the atmosphere is not revelatory.
And on August 30, 1967 when CARB was born, their statement was " Nah, we just want to reduce car emissions a little bit".

Appreciate 3
      02-27-2024, 08:54 PM   #6910
gblansten
Brigadier General
gblansten's Avatar
2112
Rep
4,300
Posts

Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Thick ascending limb

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
And on August 30, 1967 when CARB was born, their statement was " Nah, we just want to reduce car emissions a little bit".

I will be happy to offload worry about a cabal of people scheming to remove all co2 from our atmosphere to any of you guys. I can remove that one from my list. Keeping the list short keeps me enjoying life.
Appreciate 2
chris7197393.50
      02-28-2024, 02:56 AM   #6911
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
61910
Rep
19,992
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Well with the Internet stating the Earth can tolerate no more than 8B people and the Earth's population reported by the Internet is already 8.118B, the starvation/shootings should start soon enough.
It already has.
Appreciate 2
eugenebmw1597.00
      02-28-2024, 03:15 AM   #6912
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
17488
Rep
18,829
Posts

Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
I will be happy to offload worry about a cabal of people scheming to remove all co2 from our atmosphere to any of you guys. I can remove that one from my list. Keeping the list short keeps me enjoying life.
Wait until you face the prospect of a fixed income and extremely uncontrollable variable costs for food, utilities and mobile fuel. All because some uber-comfortable corrupt dumbshits think they can control the climate.

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 02-28-2024 at 03:26 AM..
Appreciate 4
M5Rick61909.50
eugenebmw1597.00
      02-28-2024, 05:28 AM   #6913
gblansten
Brigadier General
gblansten's Avatar
2112
Rep
4,300
Posts

Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Thick ascending limb

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Wait until you face the prospect of a fixed income and extremely uncontrollable variable costs for food, utilities and mobile fuel. All because some uber-comfortable corrupt dumbshits think they can control the climate.
Again, I’m saying no one is suggesting all carbon dioxide be removed from the atmosphere.
Appreciate 1
chris7197393.50
      02-28-2024, 05:49 AM   #6914
Weather Man
Lieutenant
Weather Man's Avatar
1279
Rep
442
Posts

Drives: BMW M4 Competition AWD
Join Date: Feb 2024
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
No one is suggesting all carbon dioxide be removed from the atmosphere. Showing ways to reduce co2 in the atmosphere is not revelatory.
When Biden administration EPA officials were testifying before congress, they were all for reducing Co2. When asked how much Co2 was in the atmosphere currently, not a SINGLE one could answer the question. .04% BTW.

99.9% of the Green Insanity don't know increased Co2 is what has greened the earth on NASA satellite imagery since NASA started getting color imagery. They also don't know that the earth was on its way to being a big dead brown ball of dirt because the earth is really really good at sequestering carbon. Sequestering the gas that grows our food is posibly the single biggest scam EVER perpetrated on the human race.
Appreciate 6
M5Rick61909.50
eugenebmw1597.00
Efthreeoh17487.50
TboneS541069.00
      02-28-2024, 05:53 AM   #6915
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
17488
Rep
18,829
Posts

Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
Again, I’m saying no one is suggesting all carbon dioxide be removed from the atmosphere.
And I think by saying "all carbon dioxide" it means capturing all of the anthropogenic carbon dioxide to become a net-zero gain society.
Appreciate 3
      02-28-2024, 06:11 AM   #6916
gblansten
Brigadier General
gblansten's Avatar
2112
Rep
4,300
Posts

Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Thick ascending limb

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
And I think by saying "all carbon dioxide" it means capturing all of the anthropogenic carbon dioxide to become a net-zero gain society.
Nah. He was yelling at clouds.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 06:16 AM   #6917
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
10219
Rep
14,404
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather Man View Post
When Biden administration EPA officials were testifying before congress, they were all for reducing Co2. When asked how much Co2 was in the atmosphere currently, not a SINGLE one could answer the question. .04% BTW.

99.9% of the Green Insanity don't know increased Co2 is what has greened the earth on NASA satellite imagery since NASA started getting color imagery. They also don't know that the earth was on its way to being a big dead brown ball of dirt because the earth is really really good at sequestering carbon. Sequestering the gas that grows our food is posibly the single biggest scam EVER perpetrated on the human race.
Grift is their middle name and people STILL eat it up.
They don't give two figs about any emissions impact.

Climate barons.


Cra-cra
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 3
eugenebmw1597.00
Efthreeoh17487.50
      02-28-2024, 06:41 AM   #6918
Weather Man
Lieutenant
Weather Man's Avatar
1279
Rep
442
Posts

Drives: BMW M4 Competition AWD
Join Date: Feb 2024
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
Nah. He was yelling at clouds.
You won't own a car and you will like it.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/80UP6QTLO5M
Appreciate 4
M5Rick61909.50
eugenebmw1597.00
      02-28-2024, 06:50 AM   #6919
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
61910
Rep
19,992
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather Man View Post
You won't own a car and you will like it.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/80UP6QTLO5M
Yes and the exactly the same is happening in London town and some other large towns with unelected c's bringing all sorts of anti motorist measures in at a moments notice.
Appreciate 4
eugenebmw1597.00
Efthreeoh17487.50
      02-28-2024, 07:01 AM   #6920
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
Car-Addicted's Avatar
United_States
7345
Rep
1,999
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Central PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
No one is suggesting all carbon dioxide be removed from the atmosphere. Showing ways to reduce co2 in the atmosphere is not revelatory.
Odd it looks like the US Government is doing just that very thing.
DOE Announces Up to $100 Million for Pilot-Scale Testing of Advanced Carbon Dioxide Removal Technologies
February 12, 2024

https://www.energy.gov/fecm/carbon-dioxide-removal

Maybe not all just most, Nothing is too absurd for the Government to spend out tax money on.
Appreciate 4
M5Rick61909.50
eugenebmw1597.00
Efthreeoh17487.50
      02-28-2024, 07:10 AM   #6921
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
Car-Addicted's Avatar
United_States
7345
Rep
1,999
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Central PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Wait until you face the prospect of a fixed income and extremely uncontrollable variable costs for food, utilities and mobile fuel. All because some uber-comfortable corrupt dumbshits think they can control the climate.
gblansten is waiting for Tesla to adopt "surge pricing" so he can pick up a couple dozen plaids cheap before the rapture.
Appreciate 4
M5Rick61909.50
eugenebmw1597.00
Efthreeoh17487.50
      02-28-2024, 07:21 AM   #6922
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
Car-Addicted's Avatar
United_States
7345
Rep
1,999
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Central PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.88]
The greenest car in America isn’t an EV
February 28, 2024
But a new report from the American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy suggests that the “greenest” car in America may not be fully electric. The nonprofit group, which has rated the pollution from vehicles for decades, says the winning car this year is the Toyota Prius Prime, a plug-in hybrid that can go 48 miles on electricity before switching to hybrid.
It’s not the first time that a plug-in vehicle has topped the GreenerCars list; the Prius Prime also won out in 2020 and 2022. But with more and more electric vehicles on the market, the staying power of the plug-in hybrid is surprising.
The GreenerCars report analyzes 1,200 cars available in 2024, assessing both the carbon dioxide emissions of the vehicle while it’s on the road and the emissions of manufacturing the car and battery. It also assesses the impact of pollutants beyond carbon dioxide, including nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide and particulate matter — all of which can harm human health.
Combining these factors, the authors gave each car a “green score” ranging from 0 to 100. The Toyota Prius Prime received a score of 71
The Prius Prime outranked its competitors, Huether said, because of its small battery — which lowers the emissions and pollution associated with manufacturing — and its high efficienc
https://www.washingtonpost.com/clima...lug-in-hybrid/

Since the Washington Post hasn't been right about anything since Jeff Bezos bought it, you should take this with a grain of salt.
Appreciate 3
kyriian890.50
eugenebmw1597.00
Efthreeoh17487.50
      02-28-2024, 08:09 AM   #6923
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
17488
Rep
18,829
Posts

Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
Nah. He was yelling at clouds.
The people I've ever seen yelling at the clouds were the knit-hat, diperpin-wearing adult babies who feared The Orange.
Appreciate 3
      02-28-2024, 08:10 AM   #6924
kyriian
Captain
kyriian's Avatar
891
Rep
690
Posts

Drives: 06 Black Sapphire Z4MR
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011 Scion tC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
The greenest car in America isn’t an EV
February 28, 2024
But a new report from the American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy suggests that the “greenest” car in America may not be fully electric. The nonprofit group, which has rated the pollution from vehicles for decades, says the winning car this year is the Toyota Prius Prime, a plug-in hybrid that can go 48 miles on electricity before switching to hybrid.
It’s not the first time that a plug-in vehicle has topped the GreenerCars list; the Prius Prime also won out in 2020 and 2022. But with more and more electric vehicles on the market, the staying power of the plug-in hybrid is surprising.
The GreenerCars report analyzes 1,200 cars available in 2024, assessing both the carbon dioxide emissions of the vehicle while it’s on the road and the emissions of manufacturing the car and battery. It also assesses the impact of pollutants beyond carbon dioxide, including nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide and particulate matter — all of which can harm human health.
Combining these factors, the authors gave each car a “green score” ranging from 0 to 100. The Toyota Prius Prime received a score of 71
The Prius Prime outranked its competitors, Huether said, because of its small battery — which lowers the emissions and pollution associated with manufacturing — and its high efficienc
https://www.washingtonpost.com/clima...lug-in-hybrid/

Since the Washington Post hasn't been right about anything since Jeff Bezos bought it, you should take this with a grain of salt.
I mean... it is pretty much par the course of expectation, when considering the entire manufacturing process, not to mention the new data regarding EV's reliability at its current state is not the utopian picture painted about 10 years ago

Suprising that Teslas are nowhere on this list /S.

PHEV, or even just hybrid (both serial and the traditional type) are perfect for this point in time, and for a very long time to handle all aspects of consumers

To be frank, smaller city car EVs make complete sense if considering the environment, their best advantages (no emission, quiet, quick off the line, smaller size) are all traits that are favorable in a city, yet car makers stuff their EVs with massive batteries at diminishing return for longer range.

Sadly they are still so overpriced... a MINI SE here cost 44k with government rebate, a base MINI ICE is still about 10k less
__________________
Revolution of our Times

I will return to the track, one day.

Last edited by kyriian; 02-28-2024 at 08:18 AM..
Appreciate 3
eugenebmw1597.00
Efthreeoh17487.50
      02-28-2024, 08:42 AM   #6925
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
Car-Addicted's Avatar
United_States
7345
Rep
1,999
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Central PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyriian View Post
Suprising that Teslas are nowhere on this list /S.
I'm sure that Musk is shocked at not making the list. The Washington Post the democratic newspaper of record ignoring the owner of X.
Appreciate 2
eugenebmw1597.00
Efthreeoh17487.50
      02-28-2024, 09:03 AM   #6926
SteVTEC
Lieutenant
SteVTEC's Avatar
345
Rep
459
Posts

Drives: '11 335i vert
Join Date: May 2006
Location: DC burbs

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
The greenest car in America isn’t an EV
February 28, 2024
But a new report from the American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy suggests that the “greenest” car in America may not be fully electric. The nonprofit group, which has rated the pollution from vehicles for decades, says the winning car this year is the Toyota Prius Prime, a plug-in hybrid that can go 48 miles on electricity before switching to hybrid.
It’s not the first time that a plug-in vehicle has topped the GreenerCars list; the Prius Prime also won out in 2020 and 2022. But with more and more electric vehicles on the market, the staying power of the plug-in hybrid is surprising.
The GreenerCars report analyzes 1,200 cars available in 2024, assessing both the carbon dioxide emissions of the vehicle while it’s on the road and the emissions of manufacturing the car and battery. It also assesses the impact of pollutants beyond carbon dioxide, including nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide and particulate matter — all of which can harm human health.
Combining these factors, the authors gave each car a “green score” ranging from 0 to 100. The Toyota Prius Prime received a score of 71
The Prius Prime outranked its competitors, Huether said, because of its small battery — which lowers the emissions and pollution associated with manufacturing — and its high efficienc
https://www.washingtonpost.com/clima...lug-in-hybrid/

Since the Washington Post hasn't been right about anything since Jeff Bezos bought it, you should take this with a grain of salt.
Yes, vehicles like the Prius are more energy efficient than a Tesla Model 3 or comparable pure EV, because they weigh so much less by often thousands of pounds. Consider that hybrid ICE powertrains can reach 40% thermal efficiency, that's already meeting or beating the net efficiency of the grid after transmission and delivery losses, while not having to lug around 1000-1500+ lb batteries everywhere. Heavier cars require more energy, lighter cars require less. You can build a hybrid much lighter than a pure EV, thus they're more energy efficient.
__________________
2022 G05 X5 40i Phytonic Blue / Ivory | 2011 E93 335i Deep Sea Blue / Oyster | 2012 E70 X5d Deep Sea Blue / Sand Beige (ret)
2018 Chevy Suburban Premier 4x4, Pepperdust / Cocoa, Adaptive Cruise, HUD, 3.42 gears (my DD & full circus long-hauler)
Appreciate 3
eugenebmw1597.00
Efthreeoh17487.50
      02-28-2024, 09:15 AM   #6927
Alfisti
Brigadier General
6576
Rep
3,046
Posts

Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Thousands of pounds? A Prius weight 350 to 500 pounds less than a model 3.
Appreciate 1
RM72906.00
      02-28-2024, 09:42 AM   #6928
RM7
Brigadier General
RM7's Avatar
2906
Rep
3,494
Posts

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Alaska

iTrader: (0)

And a Model S is lighter than an Audi RS6.
__________________
Current: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2023 Colorado ZR2. Former: BMW 428i Gran Coupe.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 09:45 AM   #6929
XutvJet
Major General
5606
Rep
5,396
Posts

Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Kansas City

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Thousands of pounds? A Prius weight 350 to 500 pounds less than a model 3.
The heaviest Model 3 is over 700lbs more than the heaviest new gen Prius. My friend's Rivan R1S weighs nearly 7100lbs. My wife's 2020 4runner, which is similar in size and room, weighs 4700lbs. So yeah, it can be thousands of pounds difference, comparatively speaking.
Appreciate 4
eugenebmw1597.00
Efthreeoh17487.50
      02-28-2024, 11:19 AM   #6930
BlkGS
Major
BlkGS's Avatar
1411
Rep
1,199
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 M50i
Join Date: Dec 2023
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
Odd it looks like the US Government is doing just that very thing.
DOE Announces Up to $100 Million for Pilot-Scale Testing of Advanced Carbon Dioxide Removal Technologies
February 12, 2024

https://www.energy.gov/fecm/carbon-dioxide-removal

Maybe not all just most, Nothing is too absurd for the Government to spend out tax money on.
If only nature had created a whole category of life form that could take in air, capture CO2, release O2, and maybe use the sun to power itself!

The real idiocy of this all is we have deforestation in the 3rd world going on at breakneck pace, and the lunatics want us to switch over to battery everything and spend trillions on carbon capture tech rather than just planting a shitload more trees.
Appreciate 5
M5Rick61909.50
eugenebmw1597.00
Efthreeoh17487.50
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 PM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST