ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-26-2016, 07:39 PM   #1
starkfu
Josef
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3 JB DCT

Skyline Runs - reboot

I am planning to breathe new life into the skyline runs previously organized by Darkstarzero (http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1028254). I have spoken with him and will do my best to stick to the prescribed formula he has set into play. I have organized runs in the midwest prior to moving to VA and since living here have attended events from DC M club drives to the philly cheese steak run.

I will keep the tradition of donating to charity as this is something I believe heavily in, and will aim to do an event every 6-8 weeks and let the user base determine our overall path.

My intent is to use a private facebook group to organize this. I had thought about a dedicated website, various google tools, managing individual forums, and a few other ideas.... but I think it would be easier to manage polls, pictures, maps, and feedback via a facebook group. This way I can push an announcement from FB group and just manage update posts in the forums we choose to post in.

As I am a devout M owner (expecting my 2nd M delivery as soon as the transport driver gets here!) - I will be starting out here and M3forum.net, but eventually will let it grow to other related enthusiast groups (Porsche / Mercedes / other higher end sports cars).

IF YOU HAVE ANY INTEREST IN THESE EVENTS - please PM me your registered Facebook email so I can add you to the group (this is the only purpose I will use the email for) - this group will not be public and will remain invite only. If there is interest from people who are not actively on FB - I will consider a companion meetup.com group as well. But I want to keep the group private and relatively small to a cycling active user group - signups for events will be first come / first serve targeting no more than 25 vehicles. Once in the group, people will not be removed unless they do something to endanger another member on a run.

Events will be held Sundays - AM to early PM - routes will traverse VA, WV, and MD - possibly even some DC routes depending on interest and time. I have some plans and desires to do larger / longer routes, but lets start small and see how it goes.

First route will be targeted for end of June! Send PM's to me here and we will go from there!

Feedback welcome!

- Greg