ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-20-2023, 09:09 PM   #1
bestgun
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Coupe

Z4M Coupe Karbonius CSL-style airbox intel

Hi All,

Hopefully you can answer a simple question before I push the button on a Karbonius CSL-style airbox for my 2006 Z4M Coupe. I've contacted Karbonius directly but information flow has dried up. Websites have conflicting information so hoping that someone out there may have actually fitted one to their Z4M and can comment from experience. Seems like a simple question, so perplexed why the answer is so hard to nail down.

1) If I fit the Karbonius CSL-style carbon airbox, will their CSL-style carbon snorkel (ie. CSL replica snorkel without the flap -or an OEM CSL snorkel for that matter) fit onto the Z4M without having to modify anything? I know I'll require an alpha-N tune so don't want this thread to revisit that old chestnut! Nobody seems to be able to tell me whether this will fit or not.

2) Karbonius now make a "race" version of this airbox with an integrated snorkel. This isn't my first choice cos I don't think it looks as good as 1) above. Same question. Will it fit?

Thanks in advance, look forward to hearing some first hand experience if anyone has already been down this path!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 08:15 AM   #2
maupineda
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC

1. The airbox fits perfect, the snorkel does not and you need to cut it. I used to have this specific combo.

2. I do not know, but is very similar to Evolve’s design that does fit. But being such an expensive ive item, I would double check before buying
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 12:55 AM   #3
bestgun
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Coupe

thanks very much for the quick reply, much appreciated. Good to know!
Appreciate 0